1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else think Jango felt nerfed when he fought Windu? He was moving all over the place and using all his gadgetry when he fought Obi-Wan but just walked slowly backwards as Windu was swiftly approaching. Considering his fight on Kamino and his background, he should’ve put up a better fight and possibly won.

Especially since when he fought Obi-Wan he almost seemed amused, almost casual, not frightened not upset but just casually backhanding a Jedi knight like it was no big deal. He was pretty much in control of that situation.

As he should have been, since this was someone who hunted Jedi for sport.

Then he sees Windu and somehow morphs into a scared fourteen year old?

Jango got done so wrong with that sorry ending and that was Lucas for you, just tossing important people he was done with away as if they were empty Cheeto bags. He did it to both Fetts and he did it to Maul. I am sure i am forgetting others.

Especially since when he fought Obi-Wan he almost seemed amused, almost casual, not frightened not upset but just casually backhanding a Jedi knight like it was no big deal. He was pretty much in control of that situation.

Jango got done so wrong with that sorry ending and that was Lucas for you, just tossing important people he was done with away as if they were empty Cheeto bags. He did it to both Fetts and he did it to Maul. I am sure i am forgetting others.
Jango had served his purpose to the plot and was swiftly done away with so Sam Jackson could get his cool fight scene, which sadly it wasn’t. Was so damn disappointing seeing him go out like that after the build up. I guess as far as GL was concerned, the Fett‘s were always doomed to have lame deaths.

Exactly. Fortunately we had Maul come back for a while. To some degree I understand why Lucas threw some characters aside like this, because he was working in a one medium, one story thread world. At the same time, it seems like he wanted it to evolve into something much larger than that. If that's the case why not read the room and see the insanely passionate fanbase and at least write them in a way that's open ended. Like, what if Jango lived, went silent for a while, then while him and Boba are training, are approached by Darth Vader to hunt down the rest of the Jedi after Order 66? He's be THE Jedi hunter and that would open up some really cool story possibilities. Anyways, I'm getting carried away haha. It's definitely a fun "What if" scenario.

Jango had served his purpose to the plot and was swiftly done away with so Sam Jackson could get his cool fight scene, which sadly it wasn’t. Was so damn disappointing seeing him go out like that after the build up. I guess as far as GL was concerned, the Fett‘s were always doomed to have lame deaths.

But it could have been a cool fight scene! Let's see Windu prove why he's such a badass, instead of a seven? second encounter that threw away one of the Big Bads of the SW universe - and I firmly believe Jango was that. His revenge for Galidraan cost billions of lives and untold economic damage, and the destruction of entire planets etc. Jango was a unit.

By throwing away Jango, they made Windu's victory less important. But Windu had strong plot-armor, here is the guy who threw Palpatine out a window. OKAY

So let's see an actual cool fight scene, instead of Padme and Anakin mooning at each other like two calves on a spring night. Then Kenobi's out there fighting a giant praying mantis with a stick like, S***, I'm the only one getting anything done here HELLO puns not intended

I agree that the fight should have been longer, more of a thing than what it was. It was almost Mace Windu VS Jango Fett VS Alien Rhino.

i think they could have given it a bit more time. They had so much CGI madness/action during Geonosis, why not give us a more interesting battle between Mace and Jango.

I do think Mace should over power Jango but quite a bit given that Mace Windu is a very powerful Jedi. But I would have loved to seen Jango use his flame thrower or rockets or maybe be able to use the jet pack to make it a more epic fight.

I think since Lucas was introducing all these fantastic characters, he was concerned about the obvious question fans would be asking: Why don't these characters show up in OT? Why doesn't Obi wan talk to Qui Gon, Why doesn't Vader work with Dooku or Maul? Why is Boba alone?

He was worried about that plot hole and the fix-all solution for him was: Because they're all dead. As long as he killed them off, he could introduce any crazy character he wanted. No loose threads. There was a list of characters that needed to survive PT to get to OT and consequently anyone not on that list had to die. ( except Jar-jar, of course )

I think since Lucas was introducing all these fantastic characters, he was concerned about the obvious question fans would be asking: Why don't these characters show up in OT? Why doesn't Obi wan talk to Qui Gon, Why doesn't Vader work with Dooku or Maul? Why is Boba alone?

He was worried about that plot hole and the fix-all solution for him was: Because they're all dead. As long as he killed them off, he could introduce any crazy character he wanted. No loose threads. There was a list of characters that needed to survive PT to get to OT and consequently anyone not on that list had to die. ( except Jar-jar, of course )
And then threw it all away with R2 and 3PO lol

I mean I think it makes sense for Jango to die. As much as the fight was underwhelming, he did die a warriors death and at the hands of an elite Jedi.
Rewatching all the Star Wars media, I am starting to really appreciate the Prequels more and more than I had when I was a kid. I think a lot of the elements might not have worked but alot of it spawned into better media (Clone Wars micro series and animated show). Comparing the Prequels to the Sequel trilogy, I much prefer the PT. ST probably are better movies in a sense (actors, effects) but very upsetting and underwhelming as a fan. ST almost feels soulless to the franchise. PT is NOT perfect by any means, and I think media outside the films have made its legacy better. But the legacy of the PT is strong with iconic characters (Anakin, Obi, Maul, Clones, Jango Fett, Mace Windu, General Grievous, Dooku etc) where I doubt the ST will have that same treatment. Only character I really enjoyed was Kylo Ren, and really just him from the first film.

Jango Fett will always be one of my favourite SW characters and his legacy is massive with the clones and of course Boba Fett. I cannot wait for this to release.

I've no issue with Jango dying to Mace. It is Mace "party's over" Windu. The baddest MF'er in the Jedi order but....
The fight, as others have said, could have been so much more. It could have been a great battle.
Similar issue to Boba's performance in ROTJ. Putting aside the stupid "Boba Fett? Where?" Lol lol lol he's dead aspect, his fight with Luke was so underwhelming. Sure it would have been difficult back in 83 (or 82 I guess, whenever they filmed it) to have a guy flying about with a jetpack, they could have done more with it but nope.
I guess George just fumbles Fett exits.

Last edited:

These wise words make a great deal of sense. Its really as if he were not thinking long term in the sense of decades later long term. So who cares if we throw x or y away, no one will remember them anyway.

Then Legends proved that oh so very wrong

I reckon this will be one amazing figure once it comes out but the only thing I’m iffy about is the holsters and belt being pleather and deteriorating over time. I think this might be the first figure I leave in the box so I never see it ruin overtime ahaha, all I know is I’m just happy my girlfriend pre ordered this for my birthday. Definitely feeling like a lucky chap 😎

I reckon this will be one amazing figure once it comes out but the only thing I’m iffy about is the holsters and belt being pleather and deteriorating over time. I think this might be the first figure I leave in the box so I never see it ruin overtime ahaha, all I know is I’m just happy my girlfriend pre ordered this for my birthday. Definitely feeling like a lucky chap 😎

Hate to break it to ya, but from what I have seen, leaving figures in the box makes them deteriorate FASTER. Have seen the following so much:

"Man, look at this figure, I had it MIB for years to keep it perfect and look what happened?!! How do I fix this!" And then there's a pic attached of some poor Marvel figure literally raining pleather chips.

Jango wont like being in that box, better unchain him ASAP.

Like @Ramatuelle said, keeping it in the box might not be the best idea. Also it all depends in what type of climate you are. Warm and very humid is generally not good for the cheap pleather HT uses.

So I'd say just get him out of the box and enjoy the figure!

Like @Ramatuelle said, keeping it in the box might not be the best idea. Also it all depends in what type of climate you are. Warm and very humid is generally not good for the cheap pleather HT uses.

Investing in a dehumidifier if you live in a humid climate or have your collection in a basement is a must!

...And the funny thing is, after someone posts the pic of the raining pleather chips, a bunch of people chime in with "Huh. He's been in my Detolf for six years and looks just like new." Or ".... the pleather raised in one spot, I just glued it down and no more problems."

Hate to break it to ya, but from what I have seen, leaving figures in the box makes them deteriorate FASTER. Have seen the following so much:

"Man, look at this figure, I had it MIB for years to keep it perfect and look what happened?!! How do I fix this!" And then there's a pic attached of some poor Marvel figure literally raining pleather chips.

:oops: frantically checks the ANH 2-pack Vader under his desk

Wow I would have never expected that. Thanks for the heads up mate. Looks like I’ll be displaying it in the end after all 👍🏽

Back