1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see how blessed you feel when you see HT's price. :lol

I was waiting for you to show up.

This is nuts, right? I mean, HT previewed this at every show back in 2018. That's 4 years ago. NOW... now that InArt has made $500 acceptable... now HT will reveal this. They probably made the wings smaller too.

I still feel a gut reaction that this is brinkmanship... and this will never get a PO.

On a positive note -- who would have ever thought we'd get 4 choices on this character (3 within a month)?

I was waiting for you to show up.

This is nuts, right? I mean, HT previewed this at every show back in 2018. That's 4 years ago. NOW... now that InArt has made $500 acceptable... now HT will reveal this. They probably made the wings smaller too.

I still feel a gut reaction that this is brinkmanship... and this will never get a PO.

On a positive note -- who would have ever thought we'd get 4 choices on this character (3 within a month)?
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. If HT are serious, at this point I say either make it with the high altitude wings or GTFO lol...

Don't think this has anything to do with Inart lol More so from ToysEra and Eternals showing off their third party version.

I also don't even think this will ever see an official announcement. Probably just to fear people into canceling orders of the third party versions. Much like what they tried to do to Joost with the Batmobile that never went live.

Hot Toys motto. Just blue ball everyone into thinking they'll eventually make the figure so people don't take a chance at the third party versions.

If people think his day-wings are too big... they full Mandigo wingos will be too much.
Yeah even Joost won't make those. I was going to float the idea of an accessory kit including those wings plus outboard supports to supplement his existing Iron Scavenger stand (for non-flight posing only), but apparently he's done with Vulture.

There needs to be a #1 Vulture fan who is buying every release to strip them all down and kitbash the best version.

The only impact I would say that InArt may have played here is to show HT that people will spend $500 on a figure. When HT designed the Vulture, the price was likely way too high but at around $500 it could be profitable.

Don't think this has anything to do with Inart lol More so from ToysEra and Eternals showing off their third party version.

I also don't even think this will ever see an official announcement. Probably just to fear people into canceling orders of the third party versions. Much like what they tried to do to Joost with the Batmobile that never went live.

Hot Toys motto. Just blue ball everyone into thinking they'll eventually make the figure so people don't take a chance at the third party versions.

Look at the flying Delorean. Sometimes it just takes them 7-10 years. :monkey3

I love how little faith anyone has in HT these days. We just know exactly what they’re up to and it’s pathetic.

Even if they do nut up and properly announce this, I’m more than happy to just pay half the price for the Eternal version.
Don’t need an amazing head sculpt that I’ll never display or the most accurate depiction of his costume. He’s just filler for the Spidey rogues gallery to me.
I think the Ht base and flexible rod configuration is the only thing I’m really interested in.

I think its partially to mess with 3rd party but I also think they stagger things for years on purpose just to maintain the license.

I don't get it. They have this license, they know people want the character, yet they don't make it. Several years later, third party versions incentivize them to release a teaser which, at least for now, can only be meant to dissuade collectors from buying those third party versions. We'll see if they actually follow up with a proper preorder, but if they don't, I can't figure out the logic here. Don't buy what you want -- ever -- unless it's from Hot Toys? And if they don't make what you want, forget about it?

I think its partially to mess with 3rd party but I also think they stagger things for years on purpose just to maintain the license.
I can't imagine a smaller company getting away with a move like that. If that's indeed the case.

I think you do get it.
Eventually people are going to get sick of waiting, no? Just seems like a hollow attempt at curbing purchases. Maybe newbie Hot Toys customers will fall for it, but those who've been in the game more than five years know better than to trust a teaser from this company.

Whatever Vulture you buy, I imagine it will be a low edition size, and likely hold its value over time. All of them make an amazing display and each is a very unique figure.

In 20 years, kids-turned-adults will be clamoring for their favorite winged Keaton!

I get the sense all the people who really wanted a Vulture in their collection already got and are happy with the Jazzinc version. Not sure how many are left that are going to want to wait 2 years for a HT one.

Look at the flying Delorean. Sometimes it just takes them 7-10 years. :monkey3
Delorean is a bit different though. BBTF is a much bigger and more iconic classic than ******* Homecoming. :lol People will be talking about BBTF for years and years to come. Homecoming? Not so much. If they announce this a few months from now, you wouldn't see it actually release until 2024-2025. They're insane.

Back