Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You buy whatever you want. Me hoping this fails (it won’t) has nothing to do with you and what anyone else wants. It has everything to do with Hot Toys reissuing a 10 year old figure, slapping some die cast parts on it and charging $455 and thinking that’s good enough on a figure so many have been waiting for an upgraded version of. And they’ve shown they can put out truly great figures when they put in the effort. If you’re satisfied with it, then great. But I wanted better.

Last edited:
Whew so much salt today. This will sell fine, all these new people come into this hobby sad a figure from 18 months ago is sold out. One this old is going to be missing from a lot of collections, that's all that matters. This is the diecast tax in action, hope all that extra weight was worth it

See the quotes. Lots and lots of people here care a lot. You do too, otherwise you wouldn’t have liked some of the quotes above. I buy this, I support the re-issues that you all oh so desperately hate, I support HT current agenda, which you all hate and thus all hate those who buy it. Pretty clear none of you want anyone to buy this. Y’all are hoping this fails.

I do hope it fails. And I don't support HT reissue agenda, I think it sucks. Reissues should not be a thing, if you want a figure that already exists then go find it and buy it. If it costs too much then tough, some people act like they are entitled to buy whatever they want whenever they want at whatever price they want to pay. Nothing kills a collectible's popularity faster than overproduction. If you don't believe that go take a look at the MK47 before and after. But I don't blame collectors, I blame HT.

Reissues are the worst. Just allows HT to be lazy and make the most minor improvements (or none at all in many cases).

You can still buy most of these iron man reissues at Sideshow.... when was that 43 reissued? It's still there!

If hot toys were to make the USB motor gimmick something that you could power with a USB cable through the feet using the base and if you could remove some of those diecast parts to reveal the body underneath and lastly if they're able to improve that head sculpt then I would probably buy this. Otherwise I'm fine with the previous two versions of this that were just all plastic.

Reissues are the worst. Just allows HT to be lazy and make the most minor improvements (or none at all in many cases).
Very true. I thought the latest 1/6 Begins Bats was the worst reissue to date until now. At least that one got an updated Bale sculpt (and taller body if I’m not mistaken).

Can really tell the age gap from here to reddit.

Reddit reply with 4 upvotes:

Man that die cast allocation tells me one thing, this is gonna be a beefy boy. Man I can’t wait! And a usb powered rotary motor? Be still my beating heart. This may well be an all time great figure for them. This can’t drop soon enough.

4B5064EC-88D3-4F71-8AB6-2D75B64A2938.jpeg

I knew I took a picture of why I sold this figure! Two armored comic book men from the same company. Yeah….. :lol

Looks so small next to that fat guy and tiny girl

And die cast looks the same as the plastic version 2.0
Wonder if they even bothered displaying the new diecast of its still the 2.0 on display

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-222112_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-222112_Facebook.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 93
Can really tell the age gap from here to reddit.

Reddit reply with 4 upvotes:

Man that die cast allocation tells me one thing, this is gonna be a beefy boy. Man I can’t wait! And a usb powered rotary motor? Be still my beating heart. This may well be an all time great figure for them. This can’t drop soon enough.
People on the subreddit are just less jaded/burnt out of Hot Toys. They’re generally newer to the scene, especially compared to this forum, which has been here a while. Don’t think it’s an actual age thing.

I have no problems with reissues
I been collecting since the 90s and always pleased when others can also enjoy the same figure or collectible I own.

But one thing what does bother me is
"you had the chance to buy it, too bad you missed out"
Hot Toys are expensive figures, $200+++
And people have life's outside of the internet.
Whether they have children, rent/mortgages, vehicle payments, school, pay medical bills due to cancer, lost jobs and deaths due to Cova-9, funerals, etc...
whatever the personal reason, I understand not every person is fortunate to buy a specific/ or every figure released.

Me personally, I can't afford certain figures, thus I have to pass due to my personal life
So, I'm very pleased when a figure is reissued, helps people like me get a second chance
and along with new collectors, or maybe did not care for the figure the first time around

I'm just happy others will also enjoy this figure and to me this is a important part of a fandom

Yep, looks just like the V2 and probably is at the show.

I wonder how much money HT would have made had they actually revised this as opposed to a 98% reissue. I would have bought a revised one in a heartbeat but I’m not touching this one.
They definitely tapped the new collector market and the “I had to pass on this before but now I can finally get it” market but they would have also got the “I’ve been waiting for years for an updated version” market if they would have put forth the effort.

Back