Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the 2.0 but expect it to be like this, since sideshow had shown it's basically the same height as the 2.0. this is just painful even his head looks small compared to any recent unmasked Tony stark head

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-232747.png
    Screenshot_20230127-232747.png
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 0
This is the 2.0 but expect it to be like this, since sideshow had shown it's basically the same height as the 2.0. this is just painful even his head looks small compared to any recent unmasked Tony stark head
And that's on a thicker base as well !

Part of the issue is Marvel's official scaling for the suits. They scaled the suits up in later films to make Iron Man more imposing but they couldn't go back and retcon the size of Mark 1. His size is technically accurate according to what Hot Toys has from Marvel, but I agree it looks very odd if you're putting Mark 1 next to the other suits.

Part of the issue is Marvel's official scaling for the suits. They scaled the suits up in later films to make Iron Man more imposing but they couldn't go back and retcon the size of Mark 1. His size is technically accurate according to what Hot Toys has from Marvel, but I agree it looks very odd if you're putting Mark 1 next to the other suits.
I guess thats one part of the issue but as u can see the size of the Tony stark heads from mk 1 to 85 are not in scale

I guess thats one part of the issue but as u can see the size of the Tony stark heads from mk 1 to 85 are not in scale
Yeah because it's not a Marvel issue. It's a Hot Toys issue. They hero scaled up their IM figures to be 7 foot tall but when it came to this figure they didn't bother altering the height to be in scale with their own figures. :rolleyes2

The Tony Stark head is of course not in-scale with their recent stuff because they decided to just repaint a sculpt from 2012.

It's true. Sadly.

This little figure is still a fail. This Mk I was my most anticipated Iron Man... and HT just lobbed a lazy soft ball.

I can't wait to laugh when in-hand pictures show this standing next to their die cast Mark 5 and others.

View attachment 620220
No problem for me, height wise. I'll just pretend Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney was cast as Tony Stark.

Well, I guess Im keeping my 2.0 - that i picked up back in the day for 160 or some change and it still looks great - not a fan of the glossy look here and there's no height update so... first the Batman Begins and now this - .. will save this $$ for whatever InArt or LIM releases next...

I've seen a few people post on FB groups that they already got "item shipping soon" emails from Sideshow for this.

Back