Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mk1 DIECAST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The size issue is making it easy for me to skip this figure and spend less on 1/6th scaled figures, in general. One more I can pass on. But...

If it had been a newly updated design at the correct scale, I would no doubt had weakened and pre-ordered...

Indeed. I would say this is really a purchase for those who do not yet own a Mk1. I will live with my 2.0 which has been serving me well, but I would have certainly bought another if it was upgraded to the correct size

How tempting could this 10 year old rehash possibly be if you are already actively thinking of segregating it due to all its glaring issues??? lol
I still think it looks great on its own, and it wouldn't be the first figure I bought that didn't really fit in with my collection and had to be displayed somewhere else (the Youngrich Miles comes to mind, or the Medicom Rocketeer with its smaller body).

If you don't have one, davejames, absolutely get it. Its a great figure on its own.

I have the 2.0 so the change simply to diecast is not worth the investment for me.

Perhaps 2.0s price has dropped on ebay? Maybe you could get the same figure now for even less money?

I'm getting it to pair with my First Avengers Cap which is smaller than current era figures - it looks a little weird next to STRIKE suit Cap who is normal size.

I was on the waitlist for the exclusive version of this figure. It converted to being able to pre-order today. Just a heads-up for anyone else that may be on the waitlist.

Forgot I had gotten on the waitlist for the exclusive and just got the email today, didn't really need the exclusive for this one - ended up ordering at Alter Ego when I got a ton of reward points on my bday and had enough to redeem a $250 coupon code

The exclusive came out of waitlist for me so I went ahead and pre-ordered it. Now I am only missing the Mk 2 and 4 to complete the original 7.

I just noticed that the expected to ship dates have changed from April-June to Jan-Feb. Maybe this is coming early?

Shown on their recent Upcoming Releases pic
322678480_5627240430721788_2232771615081152433_n.jpg

It’ll be funny to see how the Mark I will be like an inch shorter than the race suit Tony that comes with the suit up Mark V.
Thats probably why he is in the back row with nobody near his side I guess.

I'm still interested in this figure and I already have the other 2 mark 1 toys. Its just an armor I like.

I'm not too bothered by the height it would just look funny in a hall of armor display.

I will be doing the same thing with this one in my display. Putting him in the back row......
Shouldn’t he be in the front row where being closer makes him appear larger?

I do that with my Cap display where the First Avenger movies are up front and the newer Caps are in the back row in action poses.

An updated in scale diecast version was considered my top grail, still bummed this isn’t it. Can’t justify it especially since I’ve cut back on buying HTs
Same. I def. been buying less hot toys lately, very picky on what I get. Getting a figure I have to put on a stand and push to the back to try and make it work just doesn't seem like something I truly want.

Back