Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Padme many of you want -- the sexy mid-drift tighty-whitey -- is a really tough figure for HT to do well with its odd-shaped BW bodies. The tight clothing means odd joints showing. Natalie's petite size is also a problem. They would have to design a special body just for the figure.

OR... the could make the Queen from TPM in that first royal gown and painted face and they wouldn't have any problems, maybe could even skip likeness rights.

So she's not at sideshow con.
A7584332-10F8-4BAC-8C03-584080759B89.jpeg

The Padme many of you want -- the sexy mid-drift tighty-whitey -- is a really tough figure for HT to do well with its odd-shaped BW bodies. The tight clothing means odd joints showing. Natalie's petite size is also a problem. They would have to design a special body just for the figure.

OR... the could make the Queen from TPM in that first royal gown and painted face and they wouldn't have any problems, maybe could even skip likeness rights.
Well, I would prefer the pre arena damage appearance without the exposed midriff like the proto figure outfit.

Awkward body proportions and scale issues hasn’t stopped Hot Toys before. They could throw the outfit on something like the Harley Quinn body and call it a day.

But I know how adamant you are about the TPM Queen Amidala appearance, which I full support as it would be nice to get that as well.

The Harley Quinn body isn't really right for Padme though... do you think?

(stockings and tattoos aside)

View attachment 531621
By something like I meant in design with some seamless parts and some joints.

But yeah, I could see them using any of their existing female bodies as well. We’ve gotten out of scale female figures from Hot Toys.

It would just be a matter of whether it’s better to have a not fully accurately proportioned Padme or no Padme at all.

At which point most would probably take any Padme because I’ve seen people use the Queen Amidala dolls from over 20 years ago in their displays.

I think some youtubers like Justin and Jedha at least try to offer accurate information with the help of sources they at least believe are reliable. Others are just taking shots in the dark like me and about every other yahoo on the internet.

I think some youtubers like Justin and Jedha at least try to offer accurate information with the help of sources they at least believe are reliable. Others are just taking shots in the dark like me and about every other yahoo on the internet.
I mean, I would prefer your shot in the dark over the yahoos trying to monetize their guesses on social media platforms.

The Harley Quinn body isn't really right for Padme though... do you think?

(stockings and tattoos aside)

View attachment 531621

This body is why I cancelled my Suicide Squad Harley. I just could NOT square this body with Margot Robbie's. If Phicen can do it, why cant HT do it. The thick waist and the space between the legs just...ugh. That looks nothing like how the character is shaped. She's an acrobat, not She-Hulk.

Man of Hot Collectibles doesn't know squat lolz.
Agreed.
There are a few that would have inside sources.
Bring back Budget Stark.
He knew a lot back in the day and was there from the get go.
All his early Star wars Secret base videos made me weak at the knees,and of course,he coined the phrase that EVERY collector seems to use these days.."and I'll see you...in the next video".

😁

As long as the mandalorian is successful, I dont think this version of Padme is high on the list to produce. Its the same for other PT and OT characters.

They need to get the 2 for 1 special with Nattie Portman because I imagine her Thor figure will be one of the hottest upcoming figures.

I don’t even need to see the next Thor movie but I already know she/Taika won’t disappoint and the Disney machine will definitely push her character to the moon. So yeah, Padme and Jane Thor may just get a detolf shelf by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back