1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have ordered a second luke to ship them together. I will wait until r 2 is in stock and order my second luke with r2 to save o shipping. I have rewards to burn so that will save a ton. Total bs about the tax. This is worse than any tax imposed by king George.

I tried that once. SS just added the individual shipping costs together. No discount for combined.

They did combine shipping for my 2 Royal guards way back when. It was $24 for both. Maybe things have changed. I?ll call custom service this week and ask if I can get a human on the phone.

LMAO

It was $23 to ship him from CA to 2 hours down the street in CA, plus $26 in taxes.

Having worked at a retail UPS store, I know that they're charging me twice what it should cost to ship a package this size and weight within California. And that's retail price, so you know that they've definitely got a better deal with UPS proper going on.

oh snap! I only complain because I am a broke middle school teacher.

I tried that once. SS just added the individual shipping costs together. No discount for combined.

ah yes. I learned this lesson also. I ordered the set of iron studios Ghostbusters statues from SS and they were all charged/billed separately for shipping. Amazingly, they showed all up in the same box. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I'm well aware taxes in the US are relatively low compared to many other countries, but that does not make it relevant here. Just as many draconian laws in other countries are not relevant here either. While the majority of states do charge sales tax, there are US states that charge no sales tax that seem to get along just fine. So you see, it's not exactly "how the world works" unless you make it that way. It's a greedy government cash grab.

It's all different all over. Maybe someone has a high sales tax, but then they charge $40 to register a car per year, while another state is $300/year to register. Then there's gas taxes that are different all over too etc. They always get there's. Income tax is different and I don't mind them being separate. I'd rather there be high sales taxes as it's harder for people to avoid those as opposed to income.

It's all different all over. Maybe someone has a high sales tax, but then they charge $40 to register a car per year, while another state is $300/year to register. Then there's gas taxes that are different all over too etc. They always get there's. Income tax is different and I don't mind them being separate. I'd rather there be high sales taxes as it's harder for people to avoid those as opposed to income.

Exactly. Sales tax is one of the few taxes that rich people and corporations have a harder time avoiding.

I work hard. I make good money. And I gladly pay all taxes.

And again, these are luxury items. If I'm paying $300 for a science fiction toy, another $30 in taxes is no big deal. And if it is, well then maybe I shouldn't be buying a $300 toy.

Remember, you don't pay sales tax on unprepared food; it's not a system set up to hurt people.

Got mine yesterday, and I think the waist joint on mine is stuck or something. Looks kinda weird without the poncho on, but overall I like it, and I'm impressed with both sculpts. Angry head looks better in hand than it's looked to me in any of the photos, including the ones on the box.

*After careful lurking, proceeds to jump down from the rafters*

Hello there!

I have question for those of you who have the regular release: does the regular Endor Luke come with the parts to display him in his Death Star gear, or is it just the Endor gear?

Been wanting to get this after rewatching the movies again. The 3 places I buy from have all sold out of the Deluxe, but still have the regular release in some form of availability.

*After careful lurking, proceeds to jump down from the rafters*

Hello there!

I have question for those of you who have the regular release: does the regular Endor Luke come with the parts to display him in his Death Star gear, or is it just the Endor gear?

Been wanting to get this after rewatching the movies again. The 3 places I buy from have all sold out of the Deluxe, but still have the regular release in some form of availability.

Sup!

For the Regular Endor Luke, he can be easily displayed in the Death Star look. All you have to do is take off the poncho and replace the helmet with the hairpiece. The costume is re-tailored and the body is better, so if you are okay with displaying Endor Luke in a angry-faced Death Star look, go for it!

Ah, excellent!
Thank you very much.

My original plan was to get the Deluxe version, then part out the head, robe and flesh right hands from the first version. I'll just have to add the side neutral and windswept hair from the Deluxe to the list of parts to eBay.

Finally had the time to swap parts with V1 and V2 Jedi Luke and it's all true. The V1 head on the V2 body/outfit makes a bang on Death Star Jedi Luke. The V1 body/outfit works fine under the poncho for Endor Luke. A bit of a shame the V1 proportions and tailoring are not up to snuff with the V2 but combining the sets produces terrific results.

Really looking forward to getting the Leia and Wicket set now!

Curious about this...you're talking both Hot Toys versions right? And not Sideshow?

Finally had the time to swap parts with V1 and V2 Jedi Luke and it's all true. The V1 head on the V2 body/outfit makes a bang on Death Star Jedi Luke. The V1 body/outfit works fine under the poncho for Endor Luke. A bit of a shame the V1 proportions and tailoring are not up to snuff with the V2 but combining the sets produces terrific results.

Finally got my V2 today, and did the almost same thing: V1 body with the poncho and V2 angry head and helmet with the V2 base for the Endor look, and then the V2 body, V2 normal head with the V1 base for a perfect throne room look.

it's weird that they did it this way, but buying both versions gets you a great Endor Luke and a great throne room Luke.

So this new Luke is better than the original Deluxe Luke? Typical HT.

I'm going to live with a substandard Luke Jedi because I just can't support HT doing this kind of split deluxe deal.

No pictures from anyone yet?

So this new Luke is better than the original Deluxe Luke? Typical HT.

I'm going to live with a substandard Luke Jedi because I just can't support HT doing this kind of split deluxe deal.

No pictures from anyone yet?

It's definitely very much improved in the proportions department if you want the throne room look. But if you want a somewhat neutral sculpt only the V1 offers that. The paint apps on V2 are probably very slightly better although you would only notice if the two sculpts were side by side directly in front of your face. I think the sculpt with the best overall Hamill likeness is the windswept V2 face looking to the side. A lot of it comes down to what look do you want to display? V1 for Jabba's palace. V2 for Endor, Windswept Skiff, deleted scene Sandstorm, and most importantly it delivers the best Throne Room Luke ever made.

I would also note that if you have both HT sets and the old Sideshow Lukes it is easy to cobble together another nice Luke out all that basically for free.

I can try to take pictures this weekend but mine usually suck.

As much as I like the Throne Room all-black Luke, I feel like I'm wasting too many outfit pieces... and I only want one representation of Jedi Luke from ROTJ.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the vested, full cloaked Luke as he enters Jabba's Palace. It seems the most "Jedi".

If I were to do a 2nd, it would be black outfit Luke (with white flap).

Endor just doesn't appeal to me. The only Endor thing I want is a Scout Trooper on his Speeder Bike. Top of the detolf.

Here's a quick photo in less than great lighting.

This is a V1 body on the left, with a V2 head, and an entirely V2 on the right.

If you want the throne room look, the V2 is definitely the way to go.

DSCF3310.jpg

If you have to choose only one, the deluxe is the way to go. But if you want multiple looks, picking up both gives you two great figures.

I have zero regrets on both purchases.

I didn?t realize you can only buy one deluxe. I just ordered a second Endor luke so I can have the 4 main looks
Ds2
Cloak
Endor
Skiff
Yeah, sick and a moron for buying 4 of the same figure. I don?t want my dying thought someday be, damn I wish had displayed all 4 rotj looks for luke. Btw, I have 2 v1. Now let?s go overpay for lando.

Back