1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing I did was crack the dome open and drill out the nose area and recessing it back slightly.
2- put some white tissue paper behind the lenses to enhance the Amber colour of the lens.
3- lower and realign the dome.
4- switch out the gloves for the Rogue One version (sculpted plastic)
Again this doesn't make it a perfect figure but the changes were something I felt made my copy enhanced.
Do the Rogue One gloves fit on the ANH figure without modification or does it need some tweaking to fit?

View attachment 541210View attachment 541211
My HT ANH Vader... is one of my favorite 1/6 Vader.

The first picture is going to be the background on my phone….good freaking job.

The angle and coloring give a very minimalist yet menacing feel to it.

Btw, anyone have extra RO hands for my ANH?? Anyone know if the sideshow ANH hands will fit on the hot toys ANH??

The gloves really are killing it for me..

Last edited:
Btw, anyone have extra RO hands for my ANH?? Anyone know if the sideshow ANH hands will fit on the hot toys ANH??

The gloves really are killing it for me..
I bought a RO Vader, kept the gloves and sold it to someone else, who agreed to the ANH gloves. You might try this too.

Toyanxiety has various 1/6 figure parts from time to time, right after buying my RO Vader, they had 2 RO gloves for sale, but was too late for me.

Thanks for the advice. Tempted to do that but 1,000 dollar price point, it’s rough.

I’d be willing to pay 200 for a set if anyone is interested tho. Maybe a bit more. :)

Yea…900+ every time I see it. Saw one for 650 I think it was on bid. I checked toyanxiety but no luck.

Oh well, I’ll keep my eyes open! :)

I think when the new obi wan vader comes out the hands will be more accessible. Same hands as RO I think.

That’s if hot toys keeps the hands compatible with ANH. Hopefully!! I feel like my OCD will kick in and I’ll try and swoop up at least 2 sets of these gloves. They really do a lot to improve the figure..

Back