1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lack of Ford as Solo figures is past the point of a curiosity and seems to have progressed to where there must be a problem. Which could also be holding up a potential ESB Chewie. I bashed a Bespin Han out of an extra HT Stormie disguise head and some Sideshow soft goods. Kind of felt like a waste of time while I was putting it together but it doesn't anymore.

Agreed. It?s pretty crazy that someone as popular as Han Solo hasn?t had a new figure in years. Having to drop over 500 bucks on this is a tough pill to swallow for people without a Solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lack of Ford figures in general is strange considering the demand and popularity (Deckard, Indy, Han) It could be he or the studio demanded high rates for his likeness and only a short period before the licensing ran out for them to produce more products.

The lack of Ford as Solo figures is past the point of a curiosity and seems to have progressed to where there must be a problem. Which could also be holding up a potential ESB Chewie. I bashed a Bespin Han out of an extra HT Stormie disguise head and some Sideshow soft goods. Kind of felt like a waste of time while I was putting it together but it doesn't anymore.

Hot Toys could get around that by officially announcing a Bespin Escape Leia and a Bespin Chewie w/netted 3PO. Would actually work well with the already announced Lando. Chewie choking Lando with Leia standing next to them:

open-uri20150608-27674-1l6sqba_7fee8600.jpeg

Not getting Lando? No problem. Who wouldn't want to recreate this pic?...

download.jpg

Absolutely. Han is going for $500 in eBay sold listings, not having the original head may hurt it in some ways, but a lot of people like the jnix better anyway. There's currently a single auction going right now with a starting bid of $350 and then just Buy it Nows for $600+. It's pretty unreal lol. I wouldn't price it any less than like $450 and see what happens.

Thanks guys. Decided to list it. Fingers crossed. I don't have a lot of faith in ebay haha.

The amount of original release parts is starting to dwindle on my HT Han.:lol Thought the body looked a little too bulky so I changed it - I still may dremel the shoulders a tad narrower yet.

This has Dooku boots (really didn't like the stock boots) and the Jnix ANH head (and no, there's something about the lighting in this pic that makes him look slightly cross eyed - not in hand.)

I really need a new camera - can't get this one to closely focus anymore and the images look worse than my old phone.:gah:

2UftUkO.jpg

The amount of original release parts is starting to dwindle on my HT Han.:lol Thought the body looked a little too bulky so I changed it - I still may dremel the shoulders a tad narrower yet.

This has Dooku boots (really didn't like the stock boots) and the Jnix ANH head (and no, there's something about the lighting in this pic that makes him look slightly cross eyed - not in hand.)

I really need a new camera - can't get this one to closely focus anymore and the images look worse than my old phone.:gah:

2UftUkO.jpg
Looking sick! just a thought, you might want to pull the boots up a little bit, that ankle crease is a bit much and not going to do good to the pleather material in the long run.

1632095620851.png

Yeah, I know what you mean, but so many of the HT pleather boots to me just don't look hugely convincing unless you take it a bit more drastic. It's one of the reasons I actually prefer well-sculpted plastic boots over pleather. People associated "quality" or "more real" with pleather but to me if you really look at them they don't look all that real. Well painted and sculpted plastic boots can look close to 100% real.

I have another couple of pairs of tall black boots, one of which is genuine leather, which I will likely use when these Dooku boots fail.

This is what I was going for with the HT Dooku pleather boots, which are a quite different pleather to the original Han boots (those had a very weird problem with the way they creased at the ankle.) The costume boots are very crinkly in that ankle area, with large horizontally protruding creases in places.

BDHsCBk.png

I've been out of the loop regarding Hot Toys collecting for a while. I've noticed the V-neck has discolored on my Han Solo shirt. How have folks been handling that? I'm sure there's discussion about it somewhere in this thread but don't want to read 430 pages :)

I've been out of the loop regarding Hot Toys collecting for a while. I've noticed the V-neck has discolored on my Han Solo shirt. How have folks been handling that? I'm sure there's discussion about it somewhere in this thread but don't want to read 430 pages :)
Mine began to discolor as well. What I did was remove the wire from the shirt, and then I used rubbing alcohol to remove the stain. I used q-tips and simply blotted the stain with the alcohol. Let it dry and then repeat over and over until the stain is gone. My stain is completely gone now and with the wire removed I don’t have to worry about the stain returning.

I thought that the cause of the staining was not the wire but the glue used on that part of the v-neck.

Mine does have the slight discoloration as well. I'll try the alcohol and Q-tips process. Thanks for the info, echo.

I've had one go yellow and one not go yellow (seen in pic above.) Not sure why - they were stored in the same place. :dunno

The bigger problem to me has been subtle white fuzz that slowly develops on the black vest. I've had two vests and both did it, and I've seen the fuzz in other people's Han pics. Not sure whether it's mold or something else. It can be wiped off, but it returns, over and over. I got fed up with it so did a trilple treatment of anti-mold spray (not good for dyed fabrics at all - will ttake away the color) then vinegar then boiling water and a little soap. I then redyed the vest black. It was getting frustarting and I really couldnt say what it was.

Last edited:
Yea I was reposing my Han a couple days ago while putting some leather protectant on the boots and such and was wondering what and where the little white fuzzy dust was coming from on the vest. I just wiped it off but I thought it was some weird left over superglue "dust" from gluing the neck adapter into the Jnix sculpt. That's probably way wrong though :lol

Those Dooku boots look really good on your Han @TaliBane :clap Even though I don't mind the stock boots, I was noticing the odd creases at the ankles.

RE: the shirt collar changing color - I kept the wire in, just used some spray-n-wash and detergent to hand washed the shirt. That seemed to work for me. It hasn't changed color again since and that was within the first year of its release.

I've had one go yellow and one not go yellow (seen in pic above.) Not sure why - they were stored in the same place. :dunno

Mine's gone yellowy-orange, same as the strip on the Bank Robber Joker's shirt where the buttons are.

It's got to be the glue seeping through.

While it's annoying, because the stock figure has changed in an unwanted way, it doesn't actually stand out as being really wrong. On both figures it sort of looks like a grubby sweat stain.

The bigger problem to me has been subtle white fuzz that slowly develops on the black vest. I've had two vests and both did it, and I've seen the fuzz in other people's Han pics. Not sure whether it's mold or something else. It can be wiped off, but it returns, over and over. I got fed up with it so did a trilple treatment of anti-mold spray (not good for dyed fabrics at all - will ttake away the color) then vinegar then boiling water and a little soap. I then redyed the vest black. It was getting frustarting and I really couldnt say what it was.

I don't have any white fuzz on the vest, but that does sound like mildew. I've had it previously on figures, before I controlled the humidity.

It seemed to like the pleather on ACI's gladiators, and was pretty bad on the great coats of my two BBK Jonah Hex figures. However, with the latter I'd used water treatment to shape the cape on the coat, so the dampness probably just accelerated the mildew growth, and then the spores spread.

To clean it off I used a non-bleach anti-mould spray. I sprayed it onto a cloth, and wiped the cloth over the affected areas.

Back