1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I read crap all over the internet and get confused/forget where I saw things haha. I always click the 'new post' button going to threads, so if I read it 3 days ago and check the thread today, I forget what came before.

View attachment 494469

The first Cargo Hold is Section 1. There's an extension part that's Section 2, and then a DX Extension that's Section DX+2. I think the DX area is a little over kill for a display, since there's no chairs or anything there. Especially since it costs another $500 lol.

But you can display Luke and Ben there, in the scene where Luke is first learning to use the Force -"...But with the blast shield down, I can't even see..."

"But with the blast shield down I can't even see why you would spend $500 on some floor grates." :lol

Thanks for posting that, dukefett. I had no idea he was expanding on his original diorama, but the Han chair is pretty great, plus you get the other half of the doorway.

Wish something like that could be sized for a detolf shelf.

Speaking of dioramas, has anyone ever made one of the gunner station? I think that would look pretty cool on display with all the lights and detail in there.

maxresdefault.jpg

i don't think it was ever brought up by JazzInc but i suppose this is the kind of set he would have no problem offering in the future.

"But with the blast shield down I can't even see why you would spend $500 on some floor grates." :lol

Thanks for posting that, dukefett. I had no idea he was expanding on his original diorama, but the Han chair is pretty great, plus you get the other half of the doorway.

Ha! I missed the part about costing an additional $500 galactic credits....

Yeah the console area I think is really great and the doorway is nice too.

Ha! I missed the part about costing an additional $500 galactic credits....

Lol yeah, I'll just fit them in somewhere for that scene when I get to it. $500 just seems like way too much for that.

Speaking of dioramas, has anyone ever made one of the gunner station? I think that would look pretty cool on display with all the lights and detail in there.

View attachment 494479

That looks like it'll be basically the same size, or close to it, of the Falcon Cockpit. Unless he did just the seat.

I got the dreaded 'wire stain' on the shirt collar...so i tried some household bleach,which worked great! I used a small brush and painted the bleach onto the stained area...after about a minute the stain disappeared:)
I've also weathered up the holster and added two more silver studs to the leg strap for a more accurate look..
View attachment 408316

Before and after...
View attachment 408317

I?m sorry to bring this old thread back. Anyone can explain how to remove the wire from the collar?

Also any pictures from someone that already did this?

Thanks in advance

I?m sorry to bring this old thread back. Anyone can explain how to remove the wire from the collar?

Thanks in advance

I've actually got the same yellowing issue. I presume you have to pop a stitch somewhere in order to remove the wire?

Thanks in advance

I fixed the yellowing on my Han shirt without removing the wire. Just take the shirt off, dilute a small amount of bleach in some water, and use a cue tip to apply to the yellowed area as needed. Rinse with water once you have the area looking closer to the rest of the shirt. Easy-peazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to check on my Han figure's shirt and yep, it finally shows that very slight rusty color on the V-neck. The area in particular is the (looking at the figure) left side strip of material.

Thanks for the info, hypnobrett. I'll definitely be trying it out soon.

I fixed the yellowing on my Han shirt without removing the wire. Just take the shirt off, dilute a small amount of bleach in some water, and use a cue tip to apply to the yellowed area as needed. Rinse with water once you have the area looking closer to the rest of the shirt. Easy-peazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input hypnobrett. I will try this over the weekend.

I've actually got the same yellowing issue. I presume you have to pop a stitch somewhere in order to remove the wire?

It's been a long time since I removed the wire, but I remember it being very easy. It's in a thin lining stitched inside the shirt and you can just push it out.

Interesting after 15 years (???) of collecting Hot Toys, reading about oily abs, flaking pleather, cracking rubber and the like, the only thing that ever hit me was the dreaded 'rusted collar'.

Conclusion seemed to be that it was more likely the glue causing the issue, because the other side of the collar has a wire as well but doesn't have the discoloration issue. Still, when I removed my wires they were both corroded looking. Not a very critical wire anyhow, most people didn't even realize it was there.

Good tip on the bleach, I'll maybe give that a go at some point. I feel like my TFA Han shirt might have the same problem.

What would be a good replacement for this figure’s boots? Anyone have tried the Luke Skywalker plastic boots from sideshow?

Hey guys how common is it for the boots to be flaking? Just had a buyer open a new one up and he’s claiming one of the boots is flaking

Hey guys how common is it for the boots to be flaking? Just had a buyer open a new one up and he’s claiming one of the boots is flaking

It actually depends of the climate condition you are in. Mine is flaking same as the dark brown belt. if you have chewie you might want to check his bag also.

Back