1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3F2B0C3EF2C74DE9AD21.jpeg

wonder if dx19 cowl will be improved from armory cowl

It’s completely different from what they’ve shown so far. Appears to be a shrunken QS001 cowl and is definitely the QS chins.

Yeah the DX19's appears to be that, which does looks good in my opinion. I was hoping we'd get a shrunken 1/4 Begins Batman too, but alas..

I just got a used Armory set for $210 (the one without Wayne & Alfred) with a couple of issues-- the lights are not working and there are a few shiny spots on the cowl, abs and shoulder due to it being kept in the tray for so long, I was wondering if there are ways to fix these? Thanks in advance.

I just got a used Armory set for $210 (the one without Wayne & Alfred) with a couple of issues-- the lights are not working and there are a few shiny spots on the cowl, abs and shoulder due to it being kept in the tray for so long, I was wondering if there are ways to fix these? Thanks in advance.
The lights not working is tricky. Make sure the batteries are fresh and there’s no corrosion on the connectors inside the battery compartment. If there is you can remove it with vinegar and a toothbrush. I had one that stopped working without any visual indications of why. If thats the case you would have to open it and test the wiring and LEDs.

The only correct way to fix the shiny spots is with a full repaint. I once tried to use matte sealer alone to correct a similar issue and the suit material reacted and became tacky and goopy over time.

Why do they become shiny? I remember the old dark knight dx02? Or so had the oily/shiny abs

The lights not working is tricky. Make sure the batteries are fresh and there’s no corrosion on the connectors inside the battery compartment. If there is you can remove it with vinegar and a toothbrush. I had one that stopped working without any visual indications of why. If thats the case you would have to open it and test the wiring and LEDs.

The only correct way to fix the shiny spots is with a full repaint. I once tried to use matte sealer alone to correct a similar issue and the suit material reacted and became tacky and goopy over time.
Thanks a lot! I guess I'll repaint the cowl then, any idea if I should use a single tone or maybe a tamiya spray? I'm good with hand painting but not using an airbrush.

The broken lights doesn't bother me as much since I got the set pretty darn cheap so I'll leave it as it is.

Why do they become shiny? I remember the old dark knight dx02? Or so had the oily/shiny abs

Probably the plasticizers acting up in time, in which the plastic/rubber slowly breaking up. I remember those old DX02 threads vividly lol.

Thanks a lot! I guess I'll repaint the cowl then, any idea if I should use a single tone or maybe a tamiya spray? I'm good with hand painting but not using an airbrush.

Probably the plasticizers acting up in time, in which the plastic/rubber slowly breaking up. I remember those old DX02 threads vividly lol.
I think hot toys used to use some weird petroleum based plastics and rubbers and even on the Armory Batman I would be hesitant to use any kind of solvent based rattle can paint. It seems their rubber just likes to react.

I think plasticizers were the problem with the old rubber suits, but the issues described on this armory just sounds like mild abrasion that’s made the finish lose its texture.

if I absolutely had to repaint one I’d mask the eyes or take them out all together then cover it in black Duplicolor sandable automotive primer. You may find it gives you a finish you like by itself. I would then cover that with a thin layer of airbrushed black acrylic and seal with an airbrushed mix of matte and satin varnish.

I think hot toys used to use some weird petroleum based plastics and rubbers and even on the Armory Batman I would be hesitant to use any kind of solvent based rattle can paint. It seems their rubber just likes to react.

I think plasticizers were the problem with the old rubber suits, but the issues described on this armory just sounds like mild abrasion that’s made the finish lose its texture.

if I absolutely had to repaint one I’d mask the eyes or take them out all together then cover it in black Duplicolor sandable automotive primer. You may find it gives you a finish you like by itself. I would then cover that with a thin layer of airbrushed black acrylic and seal with an airbrushed mix of matte and satin varnish.
Thanks for the instructions, I think I'll give it a try!

I think having the scratched cowl might be blessing in disguise-- just for fun I decided to pop in the old Medicom cowl that I crudely repainted 10 years ago just to see what the fuss is about that likeness being the so-called holy grail and I was pleasantly surprised.

Attachments

• 51718699506_17f2f82d13_o.jpg
    51718699506_17f2f82d13_o.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 83
I scuffed the shoulder-pad on my QS001 which resulted in a shiny spot. I used a household magic sponge eraser and with a gentle rub managed to get it to disappear.

So I picked up a armory batman off Facebook for about $150 which I was very excited about but after receiving it, it had a few problems I was unaware of.
First off the headsculpt has a lazy eye, while the pers still work the left eye looks more inward than the right when looking straight forward, does anyone know an easy fix for this? I can get them looking up to where it isn't super noticeable and I can live with it but if their isn't I may just grab the dx19 sculpt loose when it comes out

Second is the "Awesome looking" custom velvet cape that is super stiff and is all tattered along the bottom from the dull scissors it was cut out with. I will probably go with a jaxon xu drape but was wondering if their were other options? Is OSK the best place to buy from jaxon? I know the wait time is long especially with shipping now so just wondering my options.
Thanks everyone!

Back