Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer your question Skullboy, yes a DX13 head will fit the DX10 or MMS117. It will fit better on the DX10 than the MMS117 though. If you compare the necks, the DX10 or DX13 neck is more like a trunk and the MMS117 has a slight narrowing towards the top of the neck. This is due to the fit of the headsculpt.

So in short, if you put a DX13 head on a MMS117 body it will have a slight giraffe look to it.

See the pictures below of DX10, DX13 and MMS117 starting left to right.
(Notice the MMS117 neck is slightly narrow at the top of neck)

Thank you very much for such an informative answer, its great answers like this that makes this forum what it is.

Thank you Jacerc130

IMG_20200428_034911_350.jpg

Great pic, Sturtrup. :clap

This is still one of my favorites.

Thanks, that is my first post after a lot of time. I didn't be able to resist to post that picture. I love this figure. I've spent a lot of time watching comparisions beetween dx10 and mms117. Both have issues and strenghts. Finally I've decided for mms117, but I surely understand now who decide to keep both. Maybe in the next future I will put my hands on a dx10 too.

For me it?s an argument that doesn?t even matter. Both figures sadly are obsolete.

I will say that I still think the clothes are still better on the 117 than the DX.

Why no one gives a **** about terminator I don?t understand. People will redo Christian bale or tony stark or joker headsculpts until the end of time but no one is redoing arguably one of the Top 10 most important figure in most people?s collections. Far more than tony stark if you ask me.

If only somehow YK Kim could shrink down and offer his Damtoys sculpt.

Until then the only serviceable one is the supreme toys one which I think might be a recast if the 1/4 enterbay one. It?s far better than either the 117 or the DX10 but it?s far from being great.

For me it?s an argument that doesn?t even matter. Both figures sadly are obsolete.

I will say that I still think the clothes are still better on the 117 than the DX.

Why no one gives a **** about terminator I don?t understand. People will redo Christian bale or tony stark or joker headsculpts until the end of time but no one is redoing arguably one of the Top 10 most important figure in most people?s collections. Far more than tony stark if you ask me.

Until then the only serviceable one is the supreme toys one which I think might be a recast if the 1/4 enterbay one. It?s far better than either the 117 or the DX10 but it?s far from being great.

Ohh yes, IMHO you are totally right!

What about this?
Screenshot_20200513_102308.jpg
This is from Instagram, great work by sculptor inigou and painter Dario Barbera.
https://instagram.com/inigou?igshid=18p1u4tfsrgsv
https://instagram.com/dual_d_owsley?igshid=rkfcdl6hdb7b

Ohh yes, IMHO you are totally right!

What about this?

attachment.php

should be seen with hair and from different angles, but definitely the best to date, far ahead of other contestants, and an easy replacement for any HT head (and especially that ugly EB clean version).

judging by several micro details (hey a-dev), this sculptor definitely studied the actual Schwarzenegger face closely, unlike toymakers.

the only thing i'd fix is his chin (making detail 1 less triangle under the lip and details 2 less fat), but i think that depends more on paint than on sculpt.

aXpwSLY.jpg

but, as i guess there will be only one made for you, i won't be too hyped and go directly into praising :) pity, because he could make good money here, i think.

Damn, that sculpt would make me pretty happy. As for the details you'd correct P., sometimes I'd swear Arnie puffed out his mouth/chin region consciously to even make his face look beefed up but that's just me throwing something out there. That's how I'd let what you're talking about slide. It certainly looks excellent in those instagram shots as Conan. I'm not a member of instagram so I can't seem to expand any of the pics and save them. Can't even scroll for long before a 'sign up' thing pops up and stops me proceeding further.

But based on this sculpt and the other actor sculpts I saw at those links Hot Toys have the wrong people working for them.

Yeah we really need some stellar Arnie sculpts on the market, not just Terminator Arnie either, we need a Predator Dutch sculpt and Total Recall Quaid as a bare minimum.

Should I use any protective stuff for the pants and jacket? I climate control my room and keep my figure away from sunlight. But this thing has some weathering that I?m not sure if it?s on purpose or it?s sign of decay.

Should I use any protective stuff for the pants and jacket? I climate control my room and keep my figure away from sunlight. But this thing has some weathering that I?m not sure if it?s on purpose or it?s sign of decay.

Not really, it's thick PVC-like material so it should last, just make sure it's not overly dry. You can kiss the belt goodbye though, it rots on all T2 figures.

This is a late bump but I just got the figure. It's great but I can't seem to get the collars of the jacket to close in on his neck. It's in the original 117 body. Are there any popular body mods/swaps to help out with this? Thanks guys

Back