Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn it, I just noticed a small pinhole tear on the suit just above the right knee sleeves due to the crotch grabber. :slap

That seriously blows. I remember you were concerned about this for some time, and then this happened. I never put the grabber high up on his thighs, and left it at a height where it lightly presses into the inner thighs.

I learned from the DX09, to not ever chance putting pressure on a HT suit.

That seriously blows. I remember you were concerned about this for some time, and then this happened. I never put the grabber high up on his thighs, and left it at a height where it lightly presses into the inner thighs.

I learned from the DX09, to not ever chance putting pressure on a HT suit.

Yeah. I'm now curious about how my DX10 is holding up as well, I'd better check on him. Is the damage on your DX09 permanent?

What sucks is that HT is clearly aware of this engineering flaw and they have the power to fix it and choose not to. This is evident when Michael J. Fox asked HT to change the stand because he didn't like and they obliged!

Yeah. I'm now curious about how my DX10 is holding up as well, I'd better check on him. Is the damage on your DX09 permanent?

What sucks is that HT is clearly aware of this engineering flaw and they have the power to fix it and choose not to. This is evident when Michael J. Fox asked HT to change the stand because he didn't like and they obliged!

I sent that DX09 back, and got a new one. The one I got now is still pristine, and no leaks.

The crotch was just such a weird design...why not a waist grabber like the one Ada Wong has? :dunno Most stands aim for the waist, either they plug in (like Figmas or MAFEX figures) or they wrap around

I was playing metal gear V and decided to review this figure finally. I was not going to since this guy came out two years ago but what the heck.

the crouching picture was probably mine, btw. i couldnt find it to show but i was pushing the boundaries of the sneaking suit and it articulates much more than it gets credit for.

the crouching picture was probably mine, btw. i couldnt find it to show but i was pushing the boundaries of the sneaking suit and it articulates much more than it gets credit for.

you are one brave soul. everytime I move this thing I feel like I am gonna rip his suit.

You have to shift his body not the suit to get the articulations you want out of it even if you shift everything then just shift the suit back over and over.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

You have to shift his body not the suit to get the articulations you want out of it even if you shift everything then just shift the suit back over and over.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Ill try that, do you have the boss? is it the same case for her because I can' also move her without the fear of ripping something. I try looking for a thread for her but I can't find it.

I have an extra one of these that's got a few problems so I'm trying to unload him. If anyone's looking let me know. It's a good price.

IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG

Anything I should know about this guy before buying one?

I am looking into one of these for a friend...but I am on the statue side of things, not Hot Toys.
Just ironic this thread is up here and I didnt have to search for it.

The suit may be rotting. Someone mentioned that recently. Aside from being a brick and not being able to be posed at all, it's a nice figure.

Just looks nothing like the in game version and based off a one off render.

Is there any way to prevent the suit from rotting?

Yes, don't buy it.

You can get lucky by not having the suit rot like many people here, but eventually it WILL due to the material. Is especially true since the plastic hard armor rubs against the vinyl, but it's mostly hidden due to the stabo harness.

If you're adamant on getting the figure, I would say convert him into a BDU version by getting a uniform, wetsuit and gloves instead.

Back