Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this figure since a long time and I finally decided to work on it.

First thing I did is changed the body. I always thought he looked too thin. I used a Colton body, it has broader and bigger arms than the original body. I padded the waist and knee area with foam.

I cut the boots at the ankle to give it more articulation.

I also repainted the grey parts in a more silver grey colour to give it more depth.

Here's how it looks so far.

IMG_2651_zps5qzlp41c.jpg

Seb, i was gonna do that to the boots but was scared i was going to make them look bad. Can you please do a closeup of them? Everything looks great so far, nice job.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Where is the cheapest to get this now? I'm late to the hot toys party lol. ebay?

and if Elvis presley is the king of Rock N Roll, Elvis1976 is most definately the king of 1/6 figures!

The one thing I never liked about this figure, was how the body never filled the suit. There's so much empty space, and it makes the figure look awkward.

That's a decent custom, but I don't think the "silver" parts are supposed to be that shiny. It's more of a deep grey. The Hot Toys default color was pretty accurate in that regard.

500px-Mgs_3d-1.jpg

Where is the cheapest to get this now? I'm late to the hot toys party lol. ebay?

and if Elvis presley is the king of Rock N Roll, Elvis1976 is most definately the king of 1/6 figures!

Yup, Ebay. Surprisingly, the prices have gone up a bit...

Yup, Ebay. Surprisingly, the prices have gone up a bit...

I was always surprised it sat around so long, while the articulation being hindered by the suit and the hard gloves and boots is annoying I love the look of the figure, Its the finest metal gear collectible I have in my collection.

I feel your pain. I was late to the 1/6 game too so I have been paying a lot lately to catch up. The prices on this figure have undoubtedly seen a bump due to the success of MGS:V. I would much rather have a Solid Snake or a Venom Snake but this is still a pretty awesome figure.
D543899A-D5E0-4C96-AEE6-C0771C2C554E_zpsocdzpdzw.jpg

Congrats, I would love a Solid Snake figure from hot toys myself, venom too, but I would rank Solid at the top, then Naked then Venom. I recently picked up the Yamato 1/6 Solid Snake from 2002, I'm liking it

21656812906_ef8a6a22f3_b.jpg

I have this figure since a long time and I finally decided to work on it.

First thing I did is changed the body. I always thought he looked too thin. I used a Colton body, it has broader and bigger arms than the original body. I padded the waist and knee area with foam.

I cut the boots at the ankle to give it more articulation.

I also repainted the grey parts in a more silver grey colour to give it more depth.

Here's how it looks so far.

IMG_2651_zps5qzlp41c.jpg

How did u paint it? Wouldnt it come off if u move his arms and legs?

Seb, i was gonna do that to the boots but was scared i was going to make them look bad. Can you please do a closeup of them? Everything looks great so far, nice job.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Here's how it looks. Not ideal but at least I have ankle articulation. I inserted a fabric socks under the boots to hide the feet joint.

IMG_2659_zpsgboe2apy.jpg

How did u paint it? Wouldnt it come off if u move his arms and legs?

I use vallejo black paint mixed with a bif of silver. No it won't come off. The material of the suit is pleather and once painted it stay on perfectly. No fear of paint scratches.

and here's how he looks all done. I added a light weathering to the whole suit.

IMG_2656_zpspfkirdn3.jpg

looks great man!, thats exactly what i was going to do to the boots but i decided against it. maybe ill pick up a 2nd set and mod them. if only there were a custom naked snake head sculpt coming out soon.............................

looks great man!, thats exactly what i was going to do to the boots but i decided against it. maybe ill pick up a 2nd set and mod them. if only there were a custom naked snake head sculpt coming out soon.............................

Thanks man. Now i'm working on a upper part in leather that will cover the top of the foot part. I found a material that matches the hot toys suit and that will allow for even more ankle movement.

Elvis1976 looks really nice. Im gonna get my snake tomorrow and i will mod it too. I dont like the grey parts and the orange color. It think i will darken it all up. And i like how u make his shoulder and legs bigger

Darn it, I just noticed a small pinhole tear on the suit just above the right knee sleeves due to the crotch grabber. :slap

Darn it, I just noticed a small pinhole tear on the suit just above the right knee sleeves due to the crotch grabber. :slap

I never use stands for the exact same reason. The crotch grabbers can leave serious indentations in rubber suits, too.

I never use stands for the exact same reason. The crotch grabbers can leave serious indentations in rubber suits, too.

It's a SERIOUS oversight by HT, but thanfully I already replaced all my rubber/vinyl figure stands with waist grabbers many years ago. I totally forgot do do it on this one so I got no one but myself to blame.

The DX09, Phicen figures, Medi Old Snake, The Boss are all using plastic waist grabbers. I need to do a head count on everyone just to make sure.

It's a SERIOUS oversight by HT, but thanfully I already replaced all my rubber/vinyl figure stands with waist grabbers many years ago. I totally forgot do do it on this one so I got no one but myself to blame.

The DX09, Phicen figures, Medi Old Snake, The Boss are all using plastic waist grabbers. I need to do a head count on everyone just to make sure.

Yeah, it's a good idea to double-check your figures. I remember a few people in the HT Bat threads were posting pics of dented Bat crotches :lol. I'd try avoiding crotch stands for leather pants as well - like in the Terminator figs.

Back