1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Anti-Ock Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, there's no way this suit is surviving very long, one little flake and it's ruined. Also, the suit is metal in the game, not this pleather looking crap.

Never really cared for this design... but based on pics of it, should have been a diecast release
compared to what they did here.

In fairness to HT, I don't think this particular suit design lends itself to a 1/6 scale rendering in diecast (or even plastic) while still providing the realism we've come to expect from them. All those individual panels do remind me somewhat of the IM Mk V suit, but they'd need some crazy hybrid design as IM hip & shoulder joints simply wouldn't cut it for Spider-Man. Let them keep hybrid design approaches in their silly Venomized line, thank you very much.

While I do love this suit design I was thinking those arm seams looked a little too prominent. But looking at screen grabs I guess they're accurate. At first glance it looked like they used white thread by mistake. :lol

AOS.jpg

anti ock suit.jpg

Up on SS. $285 for the deluxe version although I didn?t see a regular option. Jan-Mar 2022. 😳

Are the eyes light up or that lame luminous effect?

Lame luminous effect. This figure missed the mark on everything that makes the in-game version cool and appealing. Whatever they are using for the suit doesn?t look like metal, the chest and eyes don?t light up like they do in the game, no battle damaged sculpt with the shattered eye and broken face plate.

This suit was never really my cup of tea so I'll pass. A symbiote suit figure will likely already be announced by the time this figure comes out anyway lol

Not sure why they don't just make this primarily plastic and just use fabric to hid the joints, to create a seamless look.

Not sure why they don't just make this primarily plastic and just use fabric to hid the joints, to create a seamless look.

Thats kinda what I was thinking the other day. Especially, on this figure, plastic armor pieces with a fabric undersuit would get the "metal armor" feel across better and be more durable.

Hmmm... I'm on the fence with this one.

I've warmed up to the suit design, but I'm not 100% sure I want it. I might wait a little bit and see what else they end up putting out.

Definitely want that Classic Suit, and this suit makes obvious sense to do since it's critical to the last parts of the game. But they have released some head-scratchers in my opinion...Spider-Punk, the MKIV..? Don't know why they went that route before some others.

I suppose next PO with either be the Classic Suit or the Velocity Suit...

Thats kinda what I was thinking the other day. Especially, on this figure, plastic armor pieces with a fabric undersuit would get the "metal armor" feel across better and be more durable.

Well, to a lesser extent that's what they did with the PS4 Iron Spider Suit. They actually gave it Iron Man style knees, but the rest of the joints are fabric. On that one they're compromising a bit on their "realistic as possible" design approach, but the knees still look seamless if you put it in a museum pose. Unlike the Iron Spider Suit, with this one the plastic armor would need to cover pretty much the entire body save the crotch area, so I don't know how they could have "used fabric to hid the joints". I think they opted for a material that would best emulate Spidey's appearance in the game. The alternative - plastic armor with IM-style joints at shoulders, elbows, hips and ankles in addition to the knees - wouldn't achieve that, and it also would have likely generated even more complaints from customers.

Back