Hot Toys licensing - Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings? 80's film?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 67236

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you think? Do you see in the future Hot Toys making figures from films like Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings?

I wouldn't want them doing it. It's sad now that even major licences like The Matrix get one figure.

The Matrix.

HT did have the license for Fantastic Beasts 2 but they weren’t good sellers so I doubt they’d try again. I think that had a lot to do with their love of Depp more than anything else.

Yes, best bet is for a Lord of the Rings prequel starring Johnny Depp. Then, you'll probably get a figure of that. Or, possibly a "Venomized" Frodo or Harry with Iron Man Mark IV armor.

Lol people have been begging for this since 2008 it ain’t happening. Hot toys is to far down the Disney Mickey hole to even consider doing these. Plus asmus is doing fine

No way HT will touch either license. I also don't see Asmus letting go of LOTR. That's their bread and butter right now. Without that they don't have much else. Considering their Ace Ventura looks like a huge downgrade from their LOTR and DMC figures, I'd be a little hesitant on adding something else into the mix.

As their name implies, Hot Toys only makes things that are hot right now -Disney properties. A few DC figure will crop up occasionally as will a blast from the past, but if you want anything older than 2008 it’s most likely going to come from one of the other guys.

Back