Hot Toys KX Enforcer Droid (TBOBF)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't honestly believe these "sold out" pre-Orders.... Unless for some reason the batches got super low it would be so bizarre. I mean, it happens, I get it. But I'm having a hard time remembering the last time it happened with a Star Wars figure pre order that wasnt an exclusive or limited.

We'll find out. There's been a major, MAJOR downswing in pre-ordering at SS from what I've seen the past year or so. With all the delays and the price increases and a million other things, I think SS is certainly looking for ways to jump that up. They started adding 15% off promo codes in delay emails as well (at least I got one last week and grabbed another RoTJ speeder 😂). They're definitely trying to draw in more PO's as well as deterring cancellations. Or maybe they just sold a helluva lot of these things

I totally get people's hesitation since Sideshow is well known for crying wolf and their recent FOMO email campaign doesn't help them earn any more trust as it is.

However, a lot of these that seem to be getting low stock warnings seem to be higher ticket items. I could definitely see Sideshow being a lot less willing to be stuck with these vehicles, deluxes and big diecast items next year.

I would expect stuff like this to come back in stock briefly as the items start releasing and people cancel, can't pay, and Sideshow gets a better idea at how many units past preorder they got, but I wouldn't expect stuff to hang around nearly as much for these deep discounts we're seeing this year. Just my .02

It’s tough to say for sure. Sideshow likes to play the FOMO game, but I do agree that maybe they (as well as Hot Toys) are wising up to having too many items in stock that they later have to discount to get rid of and taking a loss. From a business standpoint that doesn’t really make much sense.

IMG_1276.jpeg

I'm conflicted here because I always hated when HT skimps on the weathering/battle damage, but this time it makes me want the figure more.

Also makes me giggle that the pictures on the box still have the proto weathering :lol HT has been cutting corners more and more as time goes on, and it's as aggravating as it is amusing at times.

I'm conflicted here because I always hated when HT skimps on the weathering/battle damage, but this time it makes me want the figure more.

Also makes me giggle that the pictures on the box still have the proto weathering :lol HT has been cutting corners more and more as time goes on, and it's as aggravating as it is amusing at times.
Yeah I have K2 and was planning on getting this but after seeing the final product and the tampered down weathering I’m not so sure I need it. The K2 figure I thought was way too light on the weathering compared to how he looks in the film, there’s just a few silver marks here and there, so people grabbing this version are getting something that in many ways is an even better representation of K2 than the original, if that’s how they want to display it of course.

I grabbed it from TBA. I was a bit apprehensive about getting this one since it was such a blink and you miss it appearance in an episode of a pretty disappointing show but I don’t have the original K2SO so I just had to. That being said, I may display it as an Imperial Enforcer Droid instead of K2.

Back