Hot Toys KX Enforcer Droid (TBOBF)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. It used to be 12 months tops to wait from pre-order to release for Hot Toys, with exceptions for super elaborate pieces. Dug through some old orders and found it was only nine months (!) from the time they opened pre-orders for ‘89 Batman and Joker until I was taking photos of Batman I got from one of those last sources to get their stock.

Wow, only nine months from PO to in hand! Undoubtedly if that were commonplace currently, collecting would go smoother. I remember you said it took nine months for EG Cap to become 'in stock' at Sideshow only just from HK release :lol

Now 2 or sometimes even 3 years is common.

😲😲😲

Either they need to make fewer figures or expand their production capabilities. People should not still be waiting for Avengers Endgame figures in 2022.

Agreed, I can see how a very long wait time can take a lot of excitement and anticipation of figures. I recall a reviewer express that they weren't looking forward to the BD Mark 85 as much as they were before.

Yep. It used to be 12 months tops to wait from pre-order to release for Hot Toys, with exceptions for super elaborate pieces. Dug through some old orders and found it was only nine months (!) from the time they opened pre-orders for ‘89 Batman and Joker until I was taking photos of Batman I got from one of those last sources to get their stock.

Now 2 or sometimes even 3 years is common. Either they need to make fewer figures or expand their production capabilities. People should not still be waiting for Avengers Endgame figures in 2022.
Yep those were the days. It was around 1 year leadtime for years and years. +/- the typical 2-3 months from Hong Kong release to SS having them.

The problem is their development resources probably have very little to do with production. So development still needs to keep things moving on the front end.

What they really need is to get more resources/capacity for production. If in fact the delays are due to production itself, and not supplier lead times for soft good materials etc ?? A lot of the newer materials they use may need new hardware for the supplier process etc. The reasons could be many.

But this is possibly another positive that Queen Studios can show them that people are not OK with these crazy leadtimes, and they address it. Being a monopoly it's all too easy to say leadtime is 2,5 years take it or leave it.

Yep those were the days. It was around 1 year leadtime for years and years. +/- the typical 2-3 months from Hong Kong release to SS having them.

The problem is their development resources probably have very little to do with production. So development still needs to keep things moving on the front end.

What they really need is to get more resources/capacity for production. If in fact the delays are due to production itself, and not supplier lead times for soft good materials etc ?? A lot of the newer materials they use may need new hardware for the supplier process etc. The reasons could be many.

But this is possibly another positive that Queen Studios can show them that people are not OK with these crazy leadtimes, and they address it. Being a monopoly it's all too easy to say leadtime is 2,5 years take it or leave it.
Yeah hopefully competition helps motivate them, but it’s equally possible Queen Studios just runs into the same bottlenecks if the real problem is something like material lead times as you suggest, which I hadn’t considered. But then a figure like this K-2SO repaint shouldn’t have a release date of Sept 2023 (which probably realistically means May 2024).

I suppose another factor for longer wait times compared to years ago is that the hobby has grown significantly, and more buyers means more orders means more production time if they aren’t scaling production to match.

I have to imagine Hot Toys is seeing fewer pre-orders in general recently, as people still waiting for figures they ordered 2-3 years ago get tired of collecting pre-orders rather than figures.

It does seem to me that HT's monopolizing so many 1/6 licenses (MCU, DC, SW, etc.) has them spread too thin and is the main contributor to their backlog of figures. I can't speak to their production capacity, but if they do need to increase it maintaining quality while doing so is always a concern. Regardless, COVID related supply, production and distribution issues (including final shipments) has no doubt compounded the problem the last 2 years. I'm not making excuses for them, but that's just reality.

The one thing I will cut them a bit of slack on is when a new/surprise character pops up in a show or movie and there's an immediate expectation that a figure will be released. For example, while I'm sure they get advanced design info on main characters like Boba Fett and Fennec Shand, I'm guessing Cad Bane and BK were held back so their appearances weren't spoiled beforehand. So characters like that I'll give them some time to perfect the prototypes. Of course that doesn't apply to a character like Kate Bishop or to those that have been teased and never released like Cobb Vanth, Zemo and countless others.

Christ is he annoying to listen to !!! This time in a meeeggggaaaa slow radio advertisement voice.

Just talk normal man !
When he thinks he has to use that weird transition inflection at the end of every take, but ends up just saying something mundane. It's so ridiculous.

Nearly 2 months until Obiwan series, probably 1 - 2 figures from this BOBF line and it is safe to assume HT is permanently done with BOBF.

The figure I don't mind missing is Boba himself. I hope to see Bane, Krrsantan and even Gamorrean Guards still.
Yep same. I'm fine with my Boba on Throne version, so I can reminisce in the times and positive thoughts before we actually got BoBF. The times when I thought there is no way they can F*** this up !!

Don't need another version with different coloured boots.

Nearly 2 months until Obiwan series, probably 1 - 2 figures from this BOBF line and it is safe to assume HT is permanently done with BOBF.
Yep like they were done with the eternals without ever releasing any figures....until they started to.

Definitely not safe to assume this, we just got Gilgamesh from Eternals, HT can be pretty unpredictable with their figures.

The figure I don't mind missing is Boba himself. I hope to see Bane, Krrsantan and even Gamorrean Guards still.
I´m willing to bet bane isn´t dead and that he will appear on a future show, they will wait for his return to announce it.
I think we won´t see another Bobf release, they have too many figures pending announcemet from more popular shows or movies
They did release a Krennik years after everyone thought they were done with rogue one and the new bttf delorean and figures after showing them years ago in shows so who knows how they decide which character comes next

I´m willing to bet bane isn´t dead and that he will appear on a future show, they will wait for his return to announce it.
I think we won´t see another Bobf release, they have too many figures pending announcemet from more popular shows or movies
They did release a Krennik years after everyone thought they were done with rogue one and the new bttf delorean and figures after showing them years ago in shows so who knows how they decide which character comes next
You mean a figure coming months after a show airs like Classic Loki.....I'd say BOBF Cad Bane, Cobb Vanth and maybe a Gamorrean Guard are still in play.

You mean a figure coming months after a show airs like Classic Loki.....I'd say BOBF Cad Bane, Cobb Vanth and maybe a Gamorrean Guard are still in play.
Don’t forget this guy

8F09C1CD-ECEB-4754-A883-726B56B65C5F.jpeg

Back