Hot Toys KX Enforcer Droid (TBOBF)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that button on my remote is quite worn.

An aside:
I remember those old dvd director commentaries when they would just comment on what you could see in the scene rather than talk about what went behind the making of the scene or some fantastic anecdote. Friedkin on the directors cut of The Exorcist is a great example,

Yes, that button on my remote is quite worn.

An aside:
I remember those old dvd director commentaries when they would just comment on what you could see in the scene rather than talk about what went behind the making of the scene or some fantastic anecdote. Friedkin on the directors cut of The Exorcist is a great example,
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a hoot in this regard. Legit worth it. He’s so giddy narrating what’s happening on screen.

“And dis is where I punch him. Then, you see, I toss him over the table. Den I punch dat guy. Oh, there I go up the stairs. The guns were very loud. They’re trying to shoot me, but I’m too fast.”

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a hoot in this regard. Legit worth it. He’s so giddy narrating what’s happening on screen.

“And dis is where I punch him. Then, you see, I toss him over the table. Den I punch dat guy. Oh, there I go up the stairs. The guns were very loud. They’re trying to shoot me, but I’m too fast.”
Yes. The Total Recall one is particularly memorable because it’s him and Verhoven. Dueling accents!

Now that's a figure review I would definitely listen to !!

Well, with Sideshow reward points now expiring after 1 year of being issued I can definitely see that coming into play for some people. I never order anything from SS without either applying rewards or rewards plus a coupon. All of my rewards are safe through at least September and I anticipate placing more pre-orders before then, but everyone's situation is different. Better to pay a $25 NRD now and get $75 to $100 off the total than wait and lose those points. And for something like this (where there's no concern about sculpt quality) there not a lot of risk. It's not like you're going to invest that $25 and get a return in 1-2 years that surpasses the reward points you could lose lol...
That’s assuming you have that many points and that’s a metric $hitT0n of points that most people don’t have too. The SS points “system” is garbage anyways and further proof as to why people shouldn’t anchor themselves to the company. They’re also terrible, FWIW, to local retailers or speciality shops who they gouge and limit sales to anyways.

That’s assuming you have that many points and that’s a metric $hitT0n of points that most people don’t have too. The SS points “system” is garbage anyways and further proof as to why people shouldn’t anchor themselves to the company. They’re also terrible, FWIW, to local retailers or speciality shops who they gouge and limit sales to anyways.
No argument on any of those points but they're still the #1 option for many people. I place @75% of my orders with other retailers but (as you mentioned) SS limits their numbers so FOMO often means pre-ordering early with them as well. Most of my SS reward points are now a result of lottery links shared on this forum, and given the time & effort it takes to accumulate them I definitely want to use them all. The problem now is the interminable wait for items I actually want to go up for order.

That’s awesome. I will make you any custom figure you want with an exponentially better paint job and tailoring. Any 1/6 character. $1000, and I’ll have it to you in two years. I’ll take $200 now.
Nice! Then I’d like a Jar-Jar two pack, one with palace robes and another with the TPM hobo outfit!

Agreed, it’s a good figure but a weird situation. I understand the disappointment, and hopefully the repaints are subsidizing new figures that are around the corner.
As much grief as we’ve all given Hot Toys in this thread about seeming tone deaf with this announcement, I’m sure they’re working on the figures people actually want and they’re just not ready yet. They also got slammed for racing to put a Doc Ock up for pre-order whose portrait should have gone back to the drawing board.

Honestly maybe Hot Toys shouldn’t be announcing a new figure every week anymore until they can get caught up on actually shipping the figures from 2-3 years ago they took people’s pre-order money for and have yet to deliver. They’ve been releasing like 1 figure every two weeks this year at best - at this rate if they never put up another figure for order again, it’d take them until 2026 to ship everything available now for pre-order. And that’s not even an exaggeration.

As much grief as we’ve all given Hot Toys in this thread about seeming tone deaf with this announcement, I’m sure they’re working on the figures people actually want and they’re just not ready yet. They also got slammed for racing to put a Doc Ock up for pre-order whose portrait should have gone back to the drawing board.

Honestly maybe Hot Toys shouldn’t be announcing a new figure every week anymore until they can get caught up on actually shipping the figures from 2-3 years ago they took people’s pre-order money for and have yet to deliver. They’ve been releasing like 1 figure every two weeks this year at best - at this rate if they never put up another figure for order again, it’d take them until 2026 to ship everything available now for pre-order. And that’s not even an exaggeration.

Agreed. It seems they're inundated with product they must put out. Marvel, SW, and DC have a lot of projects coming up, not to mention all the ones that have been recent. We're still waiting for the rest of the presumed NWH figures a majority are clamoring for.

As you mentioned, they're pumping out preorders rather quickly. For instance when I go through TW or AE's HT product listings, there's pages upon pages of PO's and a smaller selection of actual figures in stock. It'd be radically awesome if they could release figures almost as fast as they put them up for preorder, but of course that's probably unfeasible.

I know there are difficult circumstances for them but when a repaint like this droid is over a year away and they're sat on a huge backlog, my sympathies start to wane.
It is not a fun experience collecting Hot Toys anymore. I can definitely see myself ordering less and less as time goes on.

Agreed. It seems they're inundated with product they must put out. Marvel, SW, and DC have a lot of projects coming up, not to mention all the ones that have been recent. We're still waiting for the rest of the presumed NWH figures a majority are clamoring for.

As you mentioned, they're pumping out preorders rather quickly. For instance when I go through TW or AE's HT product listings, there's pages upon pages of PO's and a smaller selection of actual figures in stock. It'd be radically awesome if they could release figures almost as fast as they put them up for preorder, but of course that's probably unfeasible.
Yep, I used Sideshow’s page and it looked like 116 Hot Toys figure pre-orders. About 15 are duplicates/deluxe variants, and another 10 have been released but just aren’t in-stock at Sideshow yet. So let’s call it 90 pre-orders. One released every other week on average like they have been would take 3.5 years, which puts us into Fall 2025.

I know there are difficult circumstances for them but when a repaint like this droid is over a year away and they're sat on a huge backlog, my sympathies start to wane.
It is not a fun experience collecting Hot Toys anymore. I can definitely see myself ordering less and less as time goes on.
Yeah, there are figures they put up for order last year and this year that I would like to have, but I haven’t pre-ordered any of them because who’s to say if I’ll still want them by the time they release in 2023, 2024, 2025…and for those who are part of any ongoing series, the character could have a completely different and more desirable look by then.

Agreed, I'm pretty confident that we'll get Cobb Vanth and Cad Bane sometime this year. We also got real spoiled last year, between January and May 4th of last year we got 10 or 11 figures go up, mostly Mando S2 with some TBB and Rogue One troopers thrown in.

Since September of last year, we've gotten 3 troopers, Fennec, 2 Mandos, 1/4 Boba and a repaint K2.

Yeah, there are figures they put up for order last year and this year that I would like to have, but I haven’t pre-ordered any of them because who’s to say if I’ll still want them by the time they release in 2023, 2024, 2025…and for those who are part of any ongoing series, the character could have a completely different and more desirable look by then.

That's the problem with collecting figures from the latest season of a show. I'm excited for the chrome version of season 2 Mando but by the time I finally have it in hand, the next season of Mandalorian might be out and a new amazing look for Mando and suddenly I'm not as excited.
I PO something now, nearly 2 years later will I still want it? Would I rather spend the money and give the display space to something else that HT announces sometime during that 1.5 to 2 years?
It's hard to maintain that excitement over such a long time, all the while HT are putting the latest thing from the latest show up for PO.
One of the reasons I'm thinking of switching my focus to OT grail hunting and getting anything new from the OT that HT does.

That's the problem with collecting figures from the latest season of a show. I'm excited for the chrome version of season 2 Mando but by the time I finally have it in hand, the next season of Mandalorian might be out and a new amazing look for Mando and suddenly I'm not as excited.
I PO something now, nearly 2 years later will I still want it? Would I rather spend the money and give the display space to something else that HT announces sometime during that 1.5 to 2 years?
It's hard to maintain that excitement over such a long time, all the while HT are putting the latest thing from the latest show up for PO.
One of the reasons I'm thinking of switching my focus to OT grail hunting and getting anything new from the OT that HT does.
Yep. It used to be 12 months tops to wait from pre-order to release for Hot Toys, with exceptions for super elaborate pieces. Dug through some old orders and found it was only nine months (!) from the time they opened pre-orders for ‘89 Batman and Joker until I was taking photos of Batman I got from one of those last sources to get their stock.

Now 2 or sometimes even 3 years is common. Either they need to make fewer figures or expand their production capabilities. People should not still be waiting for Avengers Endgame figures in 2022.

Back