Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you two. I keep up with DC stuff quite a bit, and I don't see Gunn giving DC the serious treatment which it deserves. It continues to look like MCU 2,0 day after day. It seems the Flash is also not as good as I was anticipating. Mind you I have been keeping away from as many spoilers as possible.

But from "non spoiler" comments of people who have seen it, the film doesn't seem very cohesive at all. Considering all the fingers in the pot cooking this one up over the years it's probably no surprise. I would have contemplated seeing it in the cinema, but now I don't think I will at all.

For me the best thing is the ability to get a Hot Toys 89 Batman at retail to add to the core film Batman collection. I do hope we get the Affleck Batman version from Hot Toys though. As you can see my collection has a higher percentage of Batfleck. Got to hand it to Zack and the designers. They certainly went for the bleachers with Batman designs. Armoured, Tactical, Standard, Knightmare. All great designs too !!

So I'm also with you guys regarding Gunn and the DCU. This is how it ends for me as well. No interest in what he is doing or planning. As much as some will not like this comment, I hope it fails miserably.

In fact I am sure it will. They had the perfect setup and chose to go the cheap route. At least Deluca and Abdy are still there. I do still think Plan B is Zack when he is done with Netflix. But until then I am content with what I have and personally will not support DC in any of their new stuff.

Bring on Rebel Moon and Dune 2. Ahsoka may also be good. But other than that I'm pretty much out.

In the mean time I'll focus on completing my 1/72 scale Star Wars ships, purchase some InArt LOTR figures and have the Delorean coming as well to go with Marty and Doc. Finding a spot for them will be also pretty tough ! Star Wars ship wall display should look something like this, all under glass with spots.

View attachment 641204

What 1/72 scaled "Slave 1" is that, Hoody?

What 1/72 scaled "Slave 1" is that, Hoody?
It's an older Finemoulds kit. Pretty hard to find though.

I had my mate Andy Moore paint mine for me. Here's a link to the build. Good to follow if you manage to find one.

I'm still in awe how good it looks, and the skill he has. Pictures are amazing.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235089116-slave-1-172/
His Razor Crest is also amazing. I didn't really have room to fit that one in though. Certainly inspiring though !

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums...09206-razor-crest-revell-172/#comment-4403457
Sorry for derailing the thread. Back to Cyborg !!!

I'm with you two. I keep up with DC stuff quite a bit, and I don't see Gunn giving DC the serious treatment which it deserves. It continues to look like MCU 2,0 day after day. It seems the Flash is also not as good as I was anticipating. Mind you I have been keeping away from as many spoilers as possible.

But from "non spoiler" comments of people who have seen it, the film doesn't seem very cohesive at all. Considering all the fingers in the pot cooking this one up over the years it's probably no surprise. I would have contemplated seeing it in the cinema, but now I don't think I will at all.

For me the best thing is the ability to get a Hot Toys 89 Batman at retail to add to the core film Batman collection. I do hope we get the Affleck Batman version from Hot Toys though. As you can see my collection has a higher percentage of Batfleck. Got to hand it to Zack and the designers. They certainly went for the bleachers with Batman designs. Armoured, Tactical, Standard, Knightmare. All great designs too !!

So I'm also with you guys regarding Gunn and the DCU. This is how it ends for me as well. No interest in what he is doing or planning. As much as some will not like this comment, I hope it fails miserably.

In fact I am sure it will. They had the perfect setup and chose to go the cheap route. At least Deluca and Abdy are still there. I do still think Plan B is Zack when he is done with Netflix. But until then I am content with what I have and personally will not support DC in any of their new stuff.

Bring on Rebel Moon and Dune 2. Ahsoka may also be good. But other than that I'm pretty much out.

In the mean time I'll focus on completing my 1/72 scale Star Wars ships, purchase some InArt LOTR figures and have the Delorean coming as well to go with Marty and Doc. Finding a spot for them will be also pretty tough ! Star Wars ship wall display should look something like this, all under glass with spots.

View attachment 641204
100%. If it does well then people must like what they've done but I do hope it fails. I think WB has underestimated how much what they had previously was loved.

It's an older Finemoulds kit. Pretty hard to find though.

I had my mate Andy Moore paint mine for me. Here's a link to the build. Good to follow if you manage to find one.

I'm still in awe how good it looks, and the skill he has. Pictures are amazing.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235089116-slave-1-172/
His Razor Crest is also amazing. I didn't really have room to fit that one in though. Certainly inspiring though !

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums...09206-razor-crest-revell-172/#comment-4403457
Sorry for derailing the thread. Back to Cyborg !!!

Cool. I was hoping that Bandai had finally released one in 1/72 scale.

Will definitely check out your friend's build, as well. Thanks!

Cool. I was hoping that Bandai had finally released one in 1/72 scale.

Will definitely check out your friend's build, as well. Thanks!
Bandai seem to have gone cold with any Star Wars kits. Not sure if they lost the licence or didn't want it any more post Sequel Trilogy. Plus with the advent of 3D printers it makes everything more difficult for them.

That reminds me I also need to paint my 3D printed mother box !!

Oh, one other thing I might go for from the Flash is Zod and Faora. I don’t generally collect villains and don’t care for MoS Zod’s head sculpt (which to me looks a bit over the top with facial expression). But I might be swayed to think of them as from MoS because they should look identical. Initially I was just thinking Faora, but if they both look great I’m sure they’d pair well.

Oh, one other thing I might go for from the Flash is Zod and Faora. I don’t generally collect villains and don’t care for MoS Zod’s head sculpt (which to me looks a bit over the top with facial expression). But I might be swayed to think of them as from MoS because they should look identical. Initially I was just thinking Faora, but if they both look great I’m sure they’d pair well.
I would like to get another Zod head sculpt. A better Faora too. I've heard they DON"T use Zod's theme in The Flash. It's right there!

I wouldn't mind an updated Faora even though I really like my Scaletta version.

MoS group Kit sculpt 1-sm.jpg

I would love to get a Faora, if Hot Toys announces one I’m ordering it!

It'd at least be an easy release for them. Just wonder in the volume though, as I recall many of those sat around for a long time. But I could be tempted at another chance with updated paint apps as well.

I cancelled my Sideshow order yesterday. Getting it locally now. Saving quite a bit on customs. Should have been here Friday but Parcelforce are complete losers so it's arriving in Tuesday now.

I cancelled my Sideshow order yesterday. Getting it locally now. Saving quite a bit on customs. Should have been here Friday but Parcelforce are complete losers so it's arriving in Tuesday now.
Always seems to happen on a long weekend too doesn't it !!

Should have cancelled mine the day he appeared on TBA but I guess I’ll just eat all the import charges and then say good riddance to Sideshow forever- as I intended anyway.

Just to be clear on why Sideshow is not a good option for us outside of the US, this figure, plus shipping, plus customs in total is costing me $462.52 USD.
£374.63

All that extra cost just for a damn sideshow exclusive item.

Should have cancelled mine the day he appeared on TBA but I guess I’ll just eat all the import charges and then say good riddance to Sideshow forever- as I intended anyway.

Just to be clear on why Sideshow is not a good option for us outside of the US, this figure, plus shipping, plus customs in total is costing me $462.52 USD.
£374.63

All that extra cost just for a damn sideshow exclusive item.
And to make matters worse the one from TBA is also the exclusive. At least mine was. Can't remember if there was an option or not.

It'd at least be an easy release for them. Just wonder in the volume though, as I recall many of those sat around for a long time. But I could be tempted at another chance with updated paint apps as well.
I didn’t know that they had already made her, when did that figure come out? I saw a figure of her on eBay but I think it was a custom or a 3rd party release.

Back