Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you folks got what you wanted. Sadly my collecting leans toward marvel and star wars OT and while I have picked up the armored batman thats about it for my DC wants. Based on how central this character was to justice league he should have been announced first but better late than never.

Love ZSJL…actually big fan of the entire DCEU flaws and all…Snyder understands the assignment when it comes to putting DC characters on screen and it’s a shame that he doesn’t get to do this more…but let’s be honest here…there will never ever be a Zack Snyder’s Justice League 2. It’s just not going to happen. Sorry.
Absolute BEST case scenario, and it’s a bad one, WB makes a “Justice League 2” one day directed by Justin Lin or Travis Knight or someone like that, that doesn’t reference the events in ZSJL in any significant way. Extremely unlikely also, but that is about as close as it would ever get. Time to move on.
Sorry got to totally disagree with you there. Along with what Alatar said, I think a lot of people think that because the ZSJL hype has quietened down now it's all over. Next movies in franchises don't always happen immediately. We are in the long game now.

The Discovery merger legalisation finalises next year. Emmerich's contract runs out next year. Zack Snyder has his Netflix first look deal for 2 years. So for me things could still align in 2-3 years. i.e the long game.

Stuber is making waves this week saying he wants Nolan to come to Netflix. Zack and Nolan are good friends. Considering one of the first biggest statements during the Discovery announcement from the new boss of Discovery/WB (Zaslav) was that he will go anywhere to speak to talent (directors/actors) to keep them at WB. Losing Nolan and Snyder would be a huge loss to WB, and give Zaslav really bad press/cred considering what he said publicly on the topic.

All I'm saying with all this is that Zaslav will defintely be speaking with Nolan and Snyder (if he hasn't already) and he will have seen the real numbers for ZNJL. Going by other country data, and a late DVD/Bluray release they had to be good. Add to that the huge social media presence and results of the SnyderCut movement and Zaslav surely has to see the positives of continuing it.

Snyder has also said he is willing to come back and finish his vision in JL2 & 3. Cavill will probably be part of Black Adam, or at least Black Adam 2. WW3 is slated, Aquaman 2 is filming. Batfleck is in the Flash and hopefully enjoys it. He clearly stepped away because of the studio. But in any case all the main actors will still be involved in the 2 year timeframe.

Emmerich (the main person blocking Zack Snyder for some personal egotistical reason) was also one of the main people behind the day and date release of theatrical movies on HBOMax. Something which Nolan and the old film industry hated. Zaslav by the way is old school Hollywood. Emmerich's days are numbered considering his contract is also running out.

In 2-3 years Covid should be a thing we can live with and movie theatres are hopefully still a thing. It would be an absolute no-brainer to continue a known franchise like ZSJL, with the cliffhanger ending it had, to release in theatres. Or even if they wanted to go the TV long format route to boost Discovery subscriber ship why wouldn't you continue with something proven and known by the public ? Who wouldn't want to know what happens with Superman and the JL, see Martian Manhunter + Green Lantern in action and see the final showdown vs Darkseid ?

Why would you decide to start something new with all the actors linked with ZSJL still around doing movies and all the risks associated with starting a new JL ? Imagine the fan outcry and the comparisons to ZSJL. Not a smart business move imo.

So all in all I think the chances for JL2 & 3 in a couple of years time are very real. Hell it's only 2 seasons of a show or 2 movies to finalise the story arc.

As for Hot Toys Cyborg. If Hot Toys had any chance to re-use the expensive tooling for this body they will. The arms coming from his back conveniently have a plug in point which a gun could also plug in to ala Knightmare Cyborg should JL2 happen down the road. Which I think it has very good chances of doing.

Last edited:
Wow, it's incredible. Getting this in a heartbeat! Nice to put the haters in a corner with such a release :D
I just don't get the haters. People ask for figures all the time, and as FB is the primary method of "communicating" with Hot Toys, then that's where people post their wishes etc.

I'm sure if Black Widow or Hulk or one of the secondary Marvel characters were never made there would be an outcry of mega proportions. But HT misses out on one of a clear DC team of 6 characters and people call it complaining and whining etc.

I say they should stop their complaining and whining about the "Cyborg complainers".

Love ZSJL…actually big fan of the entire DCEU flaws and all…Snyder understands the assignment when it comes to putting DC characters on screen and it’s a shame that he doesn’t get to do this more…but let’s be honest here…there will never ever be a Zack Snyder’s Justice League 2. It’s just not going to happen. Sorry.
Absolute BEST case scenario, and it’s a bad one, WB makes a “Justice League 2” one day directed by Justin Lin or Travis Knight or someone like that, that doesn’t reference the events in ZSJL in any significant way. Extremely unlikely also, but that is about as close as it would ever get. Time to move on.

565EF3BE-525F-408D-A082-86068A97137B.gif

Sorry got to totally disagree with you there. Along with what Alatar said, I think a lot of people think that because the ZSJL hype has quietened down now it's all over. Next movies in franchises don't always happen immediately. We are in the long game now.

The Discovery merger legalisation finalises next year. Emmerich's contract runs out next year. Zack Snyder has his Netflix first look deal for 2 years. So for me things could still align in 2-3 years. i.e the long game.

Stuber is making waves this week saying he wants Nolan to come to Netflix. Zack and Nolan are good friends. Considering one of the first biggest statements during the Discovery announcement from the new boss of Discovery/WB (Zaslav) was that he will go anywhere to speak to talent (directors/actors) to keep them at WB. Losing Nolan and Snyder would be a huge loss to WB, and give Zaslav really bad press/cred considering what he said publicly on the topic.

All I'm saying with all this is that Zaslav will defintely be speaking with Nolan and Snyder (if he hasn't already) and he will have seen the real numbers for ZNJL. Going by other country data, and a late DVD/Bluray release they had to be good. Add to that the huge social media presence and results of the SnyderCut movement and Zaslav surely has to see the positives of continuing it.

Snyder has also said he is willing to come back and finish his vision in JL2 & 3. Cavill will probably be part of Black Adam, or at least Black Adam 2. WW3 is slated, Aquaman 2 is filming. Batfleck is in the Flash and hopefully enjoys it. He clearly stepped away because of the studio. But in any case all the main actors will still be involved in the 2 year timeframe.

Emmerich (the main person blocking Zack Snyder for some personal egotistical reason) was also one of the main people behind the day and date release of theatrical movies on HBOMax. Something which Nolan and the old film industry hated. Zaslav by the way is old school Hollywood. Emmerich's days are numbered considering his contract is also running out.

In 2-3 years Covid should be a thing we can live with and movie theatres are hopefully still a thing. It would be an absolute no-brainer to continue a known franchise like ZSJL, with the cliffhanger ending it had, to release in theatres. Or even if they wanted to go the TV long format route to boost Discovery subscriber ship why wouldn't you continue with something proven and known by the public ? Who wouldn't want to know what happens with Superman and the JL, see Martian Manhunter + Green Lantern in action and see the final showdown vs Darkseid ?

Why would you decide to start something new with all the actors linked with ZSJL still around doing movies and all the risks associated with starting a new JL ? Imagine the fan outcry and the comparisons to ZSJL. Not a smart business move imo.

So all in all I think the chances for JL2 & 3 in a couple of years time are very real. Hell it's only 2 seasons of a show or 2 movies to finalise the story arc.

As for Hot Toys Cyborg. If Hot Toys had any chance to re-use the expensive tooling for this body they will. The arms coming from his back conveniently have a plug in point which a gun could also plug in to ala Knightmare Cyborg should JL2 happen down the road. Which I think it has very good chances of doing.
Couple of problems here:
- New WB boss doesn’t have to worry about the “bad press” of “losing” Snyder. He was already lost by the old WB bosses. He left the stable already and is already at Netflix. How can the new folks get blamed for losing someone who left years ago.

- All of these hopes are based on the unlikely supposition that fan outcry is currently informing any decisions being made at WB. It’s clearly not. See every recent decision that WB has shared since releasing ZSJL.

- The wheels are already in motion. By the time Snyder is even in a position to consider returning, WB will probably have already made creative decisions to would place his vision out of reach and in a dead end. It’s not like they are going to stop releasing DC content while they wait for his Netflix contract to expire.

Thanks for the pics Matticus. Where are you getting these from ? Which FB group ?
Sixth Scale Network
Wow, it's incredible. Getting this in a heartbeat! Nice to put the haters in a corner with such a release :D

I just don't get the haters. People ask for figures all the time, and as FB is the primary method of "communicating" with Hot Toys, then that's where people post their wishes etc.

I'm sure if Black Widow or Hulk or one of the secondary Marvel characters were never made there would be an outcry of mega proportions. But HT misses out on one of a clear DC team of 6 characters and people call it complaining and whining etc.

I say they should stop their complaining and whining about the "Cyborg complainers".
I realized in social media, people just want to troll on others. Just the way it is. Zero question Cyborg deserved to get made.

Couple of problems here:
1. New WB boss doesn’t have to worry about the “bad press” of “losing” Snyder. He was already lost by the old WB bosses. He left the stable already and is already at Netflix. How can the new folks get blamed for losing someone who left years ago.

2. All of these hopes are based on the unlikely supposition that fan outcry is currently informing any decisions being made at WB. It’s clearly not. See every recent decision that WB has shared since releasing ZSJL.

3. The wheels are already in motion. By the time Snyder is even in a position to consider returning, WB will probably have already made creative decisions to would place his vision out of reach and in a dead end. It’s not like they are going to stop releasing DC content while they wait for his Netflix contract to expire.
1. More likely they pushed him out because he proved that their Josstice League was a complete failure by WB. So fickle and ego driven. But Zack has clearly stated many times he would return to finish the final 2 movies. So no issue there. You don't have to be affiliated only with one studio these days. Look at James Gunn.

2. That fans have no say is ridiculous. They are the customers giving WB their money. WB is totally tone deaf and mis-managed in that regard. Look how Snyder has the fans eating out of his hand. Sure I get it, WB want wear the big boy pants and want to be "master of their domain" and all that ego bs. But if they were smart they would realise giving the fans the FULL ZSJL it would give them a win-win situation.

3. It's a multiverse.....they said that themselves. This means parallel stories without any problems. Unless WB are purposefully trying to block ZSJL, which brings us back to point 2.

Again, who wouldn't want to see Darkseid, the JL, Green Lantern/s, Martian Manhunter and the continuation of the story. It's all there ready to continue.

Seriously DC has the better IP compared to Marvel by far. But WB simply don't know what they are doing. Further evidence is how they almost tripped over themselves to get James Gunn.....a director from Marvel. Gotta get him, he knows what to do....cause we certainly don't !!

Emmerich apparently wanted Gunn to do Superman ! Seriously......

Last edited:
I begrudgingly ordered it. Hopefully they re-issue Flash since I passed thinking this would never get released.

Snyder is stronger than ever with both good releases Army of the Dead and ZSJL and a two years of exclusivity with Netflix , the rumors are that The Rock wants his Black Adam to be closer to ZSJL than Whedon's and Andy Muschietti the director of Flash is using narrative points from ZSJL instead of the Whedon version.

If The Rock can bring back Cavill's Superman, Muschietti using the ZSJL version of the Flash to move his story further and Batgirl on the way with Simmons's Commissary Gordon, we may be looking for a GOTG3 with Gunn situation.

Originally the end of the Snyderverse would be the Flashpoint storyline which is now the solo Flash movie plot, but now with the Multiverse we may get a Crisis directed by Snyder.

It's just speculating guys, i already Po Cyborg.

1. More likely they pushed him out because he proved that their Josstice League was a complete failure by WB. So fickle and ego driven. But Zack has clearly stated many times he would return to finish the final 2 movies. So no issue there. You don't have to be affiliated only with one studio these days. Look at James Gunn.

2. That fans have no say is ridiculous. They are the customers giving WB their money. WB is totally tone deaf and mis-managed in that regard. Look how Snyder has the fans eating out of his hand. Sure I get it, WB want wear the big boy pants and want to be "master of their domain" and all that ego bs. But if they were smart they would realise giving the fans the FULL ZSJL it would give them a win-win situation.

3. It's a multiverse.....they said that themselves. This means parallel stories without any problems. Unless WB are purposefully trying to block ZSJL, which brings us back to point 2.

Again, who wouldn't want to see Darkseid, the JL, Green Lantern/s, Martian Manhunter and the continuation of the story. It's all there ready to continue.

Seriously DC has the better IP compared to Marvel by far. But WB simply don't know what they are doing. Further evidence is how they almost tripped over themselves to get James Gunn.....a director from Marvel. Gotta get him, he knows what to do....cause we certainly don't !!

Emmerich apparently wanted Gunn to do Superman ! Seriously......
The biggest problem here: your entire premise contradicts itself, no offense intended.
It only makes sense if WB is a sane, sensible, movie studio…have they given you any reason to believe that this is the case

Back