Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want to speculate as to why this figure is being delayed AGAIN?

Is there any hope that these delays will result in a better figure ultimately?

Eh, I think it’s probably more business driven at the end of the day. Evidently they make more money on Star Wars and the MCU.

Eh, I think it’s probably more business driven at the end of the day. Evidently they make more money on Star Wars and the MCU.
Exactly. This simply is not a priority.
Not just because it isn’t Disney but it’s a character we’ll never see again form a dead universe.

They can’t leave it too long though.

Since we all know the snyderverse is being erased and we’re getting a total reset, there will be a new Cyborg soon and collectors may begin abandoning the ZSJL in favour of the new iterations and just cancel this if it still hasn’t come out.

Not just because it isn’t Disney but it’s a character we’ll never see again form a dead universe.

Since we all know the snyderverse is being erased and we’re getting a total reset, there will be a new Cyborg soon and collectors may begin abandoning the ZSJL in favour of the new iterations and just cancel this if it still hasn’t come out.
That's if Discovery even gets that far. I don't see Gunn's universe becoming very popular and earning a lot of money at all. And that's what they want and need.

Zaslav also says he has a Plan B if Gunn doesn't deliver. Would love to know what that is !!

The dark knight universe is also dead. I dont think it matters. Snyder has his fans and these characters and films will continue to have the following

The dark knight universe is also dead. I dont think it matters. Snyder has his fans and these characters and films will continue to have the following
The Nolanverse was a beloved, isolated and completed trilogy.
The Snyderverse was always pretty divisive, not particularly cohesive and the story will never be finished.

The Dark Knight Trilogy has a more feasible claim to continue gathering new fans over time, this warranting 2.0s and a continuation of the figure line whereas there’s little reason for anyone new to invest in the Snyderverse and those of us who were fans essentially need to just accept it’s over and move on.

Most of us will still commemorate that era with the figures l- for a time- but I could certainly see a few deciding to just dump that line in favour of what’s coming next. Batman, Superman and Wonder Women are always going to be worth having, whatever the version and they represent the Snyderverse just fine.

Ultimately I just think HT should be releasing Cyborg now. The wait has been more than long enough already and the only thing they have to gain by delaying further is cancellations.

Good points all around above about how relevant the Snyderverse will remain as time goes by.

Even though the Snyderverse is polarizing, it still has a lot of hardcore fans. The cinematography is gorgeous, the costumes are great, and the actors were all beautifully cast. Even haters will usually agree to that. So as figures I think they’ll continue to have an enduring appeal to collectors that love what Snyder did at some aesthetic level.

The other day I bought the 4K disks for 2001: A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner (Final Cut) because I’ve never watched them scanned and remastered as such in glorious HDR on an OLED TV. And personally I think they have a similar storytelling aesthetic to BvS. But anyway, the fact that these films are as old as they are almost makes me love them even more in a way.

It’ll be interesting to see the impact of public reception to Rebel Moon on how Snyder’s entire body of work is appreciated. Ironically, he’s almost insulated in a weird way now by being such a controversial director, lol. But obviously it’s going to help if Rebel Moon will be worthy enough to more or less hang with longstanding franchises like Star Wars, LotR, DC, Marvel, and so on.

I think they will never get re-released outside of the current ZSJL line coming out. Their focus will be on the new dc movies and versions 3,4,5,6,7,9,10, etc of the the dark knight trilogy.

As much as I love Snyder's DC movies, I feel that some times his reach exceeds his grasp. IMHO he does need talented people around him to rein in and focus his vision.
We'll see how this turns out, I hope it's really good.

Good points all around above about how relevant the Snyderverse will remain as time goes by.

Even though the Snyderverse is polarizing, it still has a lot of hardcore fans. The cinematography is gorgeous, the costumes are great, and the actors were all beautifully cast. Even haters will usually agree to that. So as figures I think they’ll continue to have an enduring appeal to collectors that love what Snyder did at some aesthetic level.

The other day I bought the 4K disks for 2001: A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner (Final Cut) because I’ve never watched them scanned and remastered as such in glorious HDR on an OLED TV. And personally I think they have a similar storytelling aesthetic to BvS. But anyway, the fact that these films are as old as they are almost makes me love them even more in a way.

It’ll be interesting to see the impact of public reception to Rebel Moon on how Snyder’s entire body of work is appreciated. Ironically, he’s almost insulated in a weird way now by being such a controversial director, lol. But obviously it’s going to help if Rebel Moon will be worthy enough to more or less hang with longstanding franchises like Star Wars, LotR, DC, Marvel, and so on.
Yeah I can't wait for Rebel Moon. Won't be hard to be way better than anything which Disney has come up with.

Yeah I can't wait for Rebel Moon. Won't be hard to be way better than anything which Disney has come up with.

I actually have really enjoyed Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Andor. The movies not so much although even there I don't hate TLJ as a lot of hardcore SW fans do.

As much as I love Snyder's DC movies, I feel that some times his reach exceeds his grasp. IMHO he does need talented people around him to rein in and focus his vision.
We'll see how this turns out, I hope it's really good.

I respect your opinion, but personally, I see it differently. Imho it's essential to understand and see what Snyder is doing with his DC films through the lens of deconstruction. Similar to what Alan Moore did with Watchmen. If you do, and appreciate the films as such, it can greatly change what one is looking at.

Back