Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what he meant was Cavill and The Rock has the same manager....
Which they do..
Yep…that was my take away too…pretty much exactly what he said and I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve him.
I also have no reason whatsoever to believe that that fact has absolutely ANYTHING to do with anything that the Rock or WB are planning for any of their upcoming movies.

Yep…that was my take away too…pretty much exactly what he said and I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve him.
I also have no reason whatsoever to believe that that fact has absolutely ANYTHING to do with anything that the Rock or WB are planning for any of their upcoming movies.
That' how scoopers get their stories..🤣🤣.
All made up when there is no news to report.

I can't believe they finally put Cyborg up for sale!!!!
He looks so much better then I remember also - the head sculpt is fantastic, I love the different accessories and light-up features.
What a shelf presence he will have!
Happily just put in my pre-order (not as happily I've done so with Sideshow - the exclusive there is too good to miss)

This really is down to those fans that fought to make this happen - thank you!

The special edition bonus will make the figure even more pricey on the secondary market. That is a must own accessory.

Reluctantly, I will probably preorder through Sideshow since it's the only way to get the EX headsculpt.

$60 premium to go through Sideshow (tax, shipping, SSC markup) rather than the mom & pop operations I usually purchase through.

I think what he meant was Cavill and The Rock has the same manager....
Which they do..
Thanks Weisun, yeah wasn't sure if promoter or manager was quite the right word.

@jal76 I think you should do a bit of homework before sprouting off your own opinions here based on nothing. Here are a few logical reasons why the Rock would want Cavill.

1). Cavill is already setup as the current Superman, and already has a huge fanbase. Why wouldn't the Rock want to capitalise on that ? Introducing some new unknown actor as Superman and the risks associated with crowd/fan rejection would be box-office suicide.
2). As we've mentioned Cavill's and the Rock's manager would surely be lobbying to have Cavill (the current Superman) in there, as they also profit from it.
3). If the Rock didn't care about Cavill that wouldn't work so well in the home camp. If Cavill hadn't hung up the cape and the Rock was OK for some other Superman how would that look to his management team ?

By the way, do you really think the Rock is concerned about upsetting people at WB ? Really. He's taken this Black Adam thing and run with it. He's doing his thing, and he's a huge star which WB wouldn't want to lose. I can't imagine he's the type of guy who would bed the knee to the studio very easily either.

Anyway, time will tell. But I suggest you follow the DC news a bit more closely and then you can join the dots a bit better.

the-rock-superman-henry-cavil-instagram.jpg

The main reason the Rock is promoting a face-off with Cavill‘s Superman is that his ex-wife/mother of their children/business partner/agent Dany Garcia is Henry Cavill’s agent.

Last edited:
So I resized that 1/12 activated mother box STL file using Chitubox.

mother box activated STL.png

I got a quote for it on Craftcloud. $37 for standard resin (vs. high-detail, but hopefully edges and surfaces will be clean enough) for the item itself is okay. But $40 shipping from China is a lot for a small item like this. No option to choose less expensive shipping. I could try printing it very cheaply using PLA plastic instead of resin but that'll just end up being wasted money if the PLA surfaces have obvious printer lines.

So $78. And I'd have to paint it. Plus the cost of inserting a battery operated LED light inside of it. I might yet do it.

Too bad I couldn't get a reasonable quote from a company in the U.S. that would reduce the shipping cost. $113 for the item plus $10 shipping was the best I could get.

So I resized that 1/12 activated mother box STL file using Chitubox.

View attachment 533416

I got a quote for it on Craftcloud. $37 for standard resin (vs. high-detail, but hopefully edges and surfaces will be clean enough) for the item itself is okay. But $40 shipping from China is a lot for a small item like this. No option to choose less expensive shipping. I could try printing it very cheaply using PLA plastic instead of resin but that'll just end up being wasted money if the PLA surfaces have obvious printer lines.

So $78. And I'd have to paint it. Plus the cost of inserting a battery operated LED light inside of it. I might yet do it.

Too bad I couldn't get a reasonable quote from a company in the U.S. that would reduce the shipping cost. $113 for the item plus $10 shipping was the best I could get.
Is there a reason you're going international for 3D printing service? You can definitely get that done for way cheaper in the states.

Thanks Weisun, yeah wasn't sure if promoter or manager was quite the right word.

@jal76 I think you should do a bit of homework before sprouting off your own opinions here based on nothing. Here are a few logical reasons why the Rock would want Cavill.

1). Cavill is already setup as the current Superman, and already has a huge fanbase. Why wouldn't the Rock want to capitalise on that ? Introducing some new unknown actor as Superman and the risks associated with crowd/fan rejection would be box-office suicide.
2). As we've mentioned Cavill's and the Rock's manager would surely be lobbying to have Cavill (the current Superman) in there, as they also profit from it.
3). If the Rock didn't care about Cavill that wouldn't work so well in the home camp. If Cavill hadn't hung up the cape and the Rock was OK for some other Superman how would that look to his management team ?

By the way, do you really think the Rock is concerned about upsetting people at WB ? Really. He's taken this Black Adam thing and run with it. He's doing his thing, and he's a huge star which WB wouldn't want to lose. I can't imagine he's the type of guy who would bed the knee to the studio very easily either.

Anyway, time will tell. But I suggest you follow the DC news a bit more closely and then you can join the dots a bit better.

View attachment 533378
I may not be the expert that you are on celebrity gossip, nor would I wish to be, but logic and common sense both dictate that it’s useless to try to prove a negative, so I can’t really prove all of this fabricated gossip is false, all that I have to go on is common sense. My common sense alone tells me that it’s all false.
Regardless of how much I follow the “DC news” I’m not going to be able to tell you what the Rock or anyone else is thinking. You can’t either, but for some strange reason you think that being able to Google a picture of two actors sitting next to one another gives you some clairvoyant insight into their thoughts, hopes, and desires.
It doesn’t.
You surely have to know that you don’t really have an clue whatsoever what any of these celebrities want. You’re just wishing and guessing.
The sooner that you realize that the sooner you will probably spare yourself a lot of disappointment.

I may not be the expert that you are on celebrity gossip, nor would I wish to be, but logic and common sense both dictate that it’s useless to try to prove a negative, so I can’t really prove all of this fabricated gossip is false, all that I have to go on is common sense. My common sense alone tells me that it’s all false.
Regardless of how much I follow the “DC news” I’m not going to be able to tell you what the Rock or anyone else is thinking. You can’t either, but for some strange reason you think that being able to Google a picture of two actors sitting next to one another gives you some clairvoyant insight into their thoughts, hopes, and desires.
It doesn’t.
You surely have to know that you don’t really have an clue whatsoever what any of these celebrities want. You’re just wishing and guessing.
The sooner that you realize that the sooner you will probably spare yourself a lot of disappointment.
Fine, don't keep up with DC film news (you seem to have made up the celebrity gossip bit) or believe whatever you like. We can continue the discussion in a year when more is known. I won't be disappointed, whatever happens happens.

I'll leave you with the image which The Rock had commissioned from Boss Logic, I believe it was also used for the pitch to WB.

Remember not gossip, real images, real info from the artis (see link). But yes, it could be any Superman, you're right. But as I've tried to explain logic dictates it would be Henry Cavill.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/superman-black-adam-fight-concept-art-bosslogic-the-rock/
EJa6OekUYAAMUFT.jpeg

Is there a reason you're going international for 3D printing service? You can definitely get that done for way cheaper in the states.

Craftcloud gathers quotes from 3D printing companies around the world (or you can set it for various regions, etc.). You just drag and drop the STL file, choose the material and color, and they give you quotes. As I stated above, the best quote I could get from within the states wants $110 for a standard resin (not even high-detail resin) print of that file. My guess is that it’s probably due to the algorithms they’re using for the level of complexity of detail to the item. This activated mother box file is geometrically relatively complex and has a lot of small surfaces. I mean, the base price for just the item itself is almost one third cheaper from China. And even with the insanely high $40 priority shipping it’s still a much better deal than the best price that a U.S. company is offering.

You’d be as well just buying your own resin printer :lol
Exactly. It's not hard either.

I checked with my HT 1/6 scale Motherboxes (Atlantis + Amazonian) and one will fit on an Elegoo Mars build plate. So an easy print really.

I was considering doing my own Motherbox of Man considering that's the one I don't have and they didn't include with Cyborg.

I'd have way preferred the Matherbox of Man than those extra arms from his back...but anyway.

I'd be lying if I said I even remembered those arms from the movie. I'm surprised no third parties or Chinese bootlegs of the human motherbox have popped up. It's impossible to find.

Fine, don't keep up with DC film news (you seem to have made up the celebrity gossip bit) or believe whatever you like. We can continue the discussion in a year when more is known. I won't be disappointed, whatever happens happens.

I'll leave you with the image which The Rock had commissioned from Boss Logic, I believe it was also used for the pitch to WB.

Remember not gossip, real images, real info from the artis (see link). But yes, it could be any Superman, you're right. But as I've tried to explain logic dictates it would be Henry Cavill.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/superman-black-adam-fight-concept-art-bosslogic-the-rock/
View attachment 533470
Of course ANY concept artist would use Cavill. I bet early concept artists probably drew Avengers concept art with Edward Norton’s likeness on their drawing of Bruce Banner. There’s probably some concept art out there with Terrence Howard’s head peeking out the top of the War Machine armor too.
I don’t doubt that the Rock’s preference would be the existing Superman, why not?
What I don’t believe is that a busy celebrity with a million things going on is spending a lot of time figuring out another celebrity’s movie career.

I really only care for Batman. I do have a Cavill Superman from MOS. Love that figure. Never really cared for Cyborg or the other members. Costumes don't really stick out for me. But this figure, this figure is something else. It is just weird and machine enough to look really awesome. I hope he sells well, but over in China it sounds like it hasn't. It will sell better in the states and maybe UK compared to China. I can only imagine the price when he is sold out, especially the exclusive version.

I'd be lying if I said I even remembered those arms from the movie. I'm surprised no third parties or Chinese bootlegs of the human motherbox have popped up. It's impossible to find.
Yeah the Motherbox of Man with the carry box, plus back mounted knightmare shoulder canon and cloak would be a nice 3rd party accessory package.

Anyone have any contact to third parties ??

Of course ANY concept artist would use Cavill. I bet early concept artists probably drew Avengers concept art with Edward Norton’s likeness on their drawing of Bruce Banner. There’s probably some concept art out there with Terrence Howard’s head peeking out the top of the War Machine armor too.
I don’t doubt that the Rock’s preference would be the existing Superman, why not?
What I don’t believe is that a busy celebrity with a million things going on is spending a lot of time figuring out another celebrity’s movie career.
Do you even read any of my posts ??

I even said it "could be any Superman" i.e not Cavill. And who ever said "spending a lot of time figuring out another celebrities movie career" ??

You're like my wife making **** up as the discussion goes on :ROFLMAO:

Anyway discussion over, it's not even a worthy debate.

I even said it "could be any Superman" i.e not Cavill. And who ever said "spending a lot of time figuring out another celebrities movie career" ??

I know exactly what you mean :LOL:

Probably not in their entirety, in fairness, they are a little on the looooong side.
Your poor wife getting dumped on by her husband to strangers on the Internet…poor thing.

Back