Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No more than every other time Hot Toys has shown a figure at a Con multiple times and we never see it again......

I heard back in the day that they needed actor/studio approval for the likeness for the rights or usage to make a figure. If the studio or actor is being difficult then it can hold up production. In this case there was a lot of controversy surrounding Ray Fisher- and despite the success of the Synder Cut I wonder if those ties are severed now with Ray fighting with the studio, making this figure even less likely to happen. Thoughts?

No more than every other time Hot Toys has shown a figure at a Con multiple times and we never see it again......

Not with HT. They never said we were getting Cyborg, after all. Now, knowledgeable insiders who swore it was happening... Less likely to believe what they have to say in the future.

Has WB been nixing other Cyborg product?

I heard back in the day that they needed actor/studio approval for the likeness for the rights or usage to make a figure. If the studio or actor is being difficult then it can hold up production. In this case there was a lot of controversy surrounding Ray Fisher- and despite the success of the Synder Cut I wonder if those ties are severed now with Ray fighting with the studio, making this figure even less likely to happen. Thoughts?

Wouldn't he already have given his approval back when they made the proto-type, though? I doubt this is the problem. There are JL Cyborg statues/figures from Prime 1, Iron Studios, Diamond Select, DC Collectibles, Kotobukiya. In each case, remember, it's a likeness from a movie that WB owns.

Ray is the type of person that would love his own hot toy.

This is just a case of hot toys sucking balls.

Justin and Jedha said on the stream last night that their insider sources tell them they are going ahead with a Cyborg figure. Who knows till it is really released, if it will be. Maybe HT wanted to make sure it was cool with WB before going forward?

Yeah I'd be down for a Cyborg, I haven't seen the JL films, but I like him from the comics and the TT show.

I think there was also speculation of the JL figures re-releases, but ah well we'll see.

Justin and Jedha said on the stream last night that their insider sources tell them they are going ahead with a Cyborg figure. Who knows till it is really released, if it will be. Maybe HT wanted to make sure it was cool with WB before going forward?

Yeah I was wondering when they were going to address that but not being a Star Wars collector (I have OG Mandalorian and that’s enough for me) I find it hard to sit through an entire stream, lol. I like both Justin and Ryan but it’s non-stop Star Wars.

But anyway, glad to hear that they’re being told that Cyborg is still a go. It makes sense. There’s a loyal, dedicated collector fan base out there for Snyderverse figures and it will sell out due especially those that all have the other JL figures and want the complete set. Plus it’s probably going to be a pretty darn cool looking figure in it’s own right that a lot of collectors will appreciate just for it’s own sake, even if they have no special interest in Snyderverse per se. I regularly see folks post here that they just think the figures from the Snyderverse look great and they want them just because the figures themselves are cool.

Yeah I was wondering when they were going to address that but not being a Star Wars collector (I have OG Mandalorian and that’s enough for me) I find it hard to sit through an entire stream, lol. I like both Justin and Ryan but it’s non-stop Star Wars.

But anyway, glad to hear that they’re being told that Cyborg is still a go. It makes sense. There’s a loyal, dedicated collector fan base out there for Snyderverse figures and it will sell out due especially those that all have the other JL figures and want the complete set. Plus it’s probably going to be a pretty darn cool looking figure in it’s own right that a lot of collectors will appreciate just for it’s own sake, even if they have no special interest in Snyderverse per se. I regularly see folks post here that they just think the figures from the Snyderverse look great and they want them just because the figures themselves are cool.

Yep, people were still doubting if Kuiil from Mandlaorian was going to be released. Even though he's been shown at the Sideshow event, but truth is no one really knows what Hot Toys is releasing and when.

That said, I do put a fair bit of faith on those insiders that Jedha and annoying Justin have. They have a pretty good track record.

It's just a matter of time for Cyborg imo.

Zack mentioned in a recent interview that he is planning an IMAX release of ZNJL in a few months when people can easily go to watch. And also a weekend long trilogy (well at least the first 3 of 5 movies) with local fans in LA I believe.

Hot Toys doesn't usually follow anniversaries etc too closely, but they do count on hype. So for me it's just a waiting game, like it was for Kuiil.

I think letting them know via comments in FB release comments can't hurt either. Any showing of support for it can only be good.

Yeah I was wondering when they were going to address that but not being a Star Wars collector (I have OG Mandalorian and that?s enough for me) I find it hard to sit through an entire stream, lol. I like both Justin and Ryan but it?s non-stop Star Wars.

But anyway, glad to hear that they?re being told that Cyborg is still a go. It makes sense. There?s a loyal, dedicated collector fan base out there for Snyderverse figures and it will sell out due especially those that all have the other JL figures and want the complete set. Plus it?s probably going to be a pretty darn cool looking figure in it?s own right that a lot of collectors will appreciate just for it?s own sake, even if they have no special interest in Snyderverse per se. I regularly see folks post here that they just think the figures from the Snyderverse look great and they want them just because the figures themselves are cool.

Don't believe **** until you see it on Hot Toys Facebook.

Heh, I just watched the video with Justin and Ryan and it seems that while they did get the same report that Cyborg was happening and they seem to regard it as basically reliable, they also seem skeptical that it will actually come to pass.

Still holding out hope that this one will slip into the queue. After all, Batman Forever Batman and Robin ultimately came to pass. These days HT seems to be mostly focused on Star Wars and Marvel. DC won’t get much attention until Suicide Squad comes out.

True. One week is Marvel, the next will be Star Wars.

I miss the days when they would announce something like Platoon or Inglorious Basterds.

True. One week is Marvel, the next will be Star Wars.

I miss the days when they would announce something like Platoon or Inglorious Basterds.
Unfortunately, the days of hot toys being that company that sells movie figures are done. They take no risk as a company. I just got a DX08 today, once my pre orders for next year are acquired, im done with hot toys and will look for third party or even custom work.

I'm looking at EXO 6 for Star Trek now as well as bootleg companies to make stuff in demand. Hot Toys have become so ******* boring.

Guys, rumors are true. We got Cyborg!

Cyborglol.jpg

Back