Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love how Snyder managed to give Batman such a good role in the final battle against the Parademons. This is often his problem when dealing with supernatural beings like Steppenwolf, physically he can't really. But I'm always impressed how much time Zack gave to him to be in the action as an integral part, and not simply forgotten as the others deal with Steppenwolf.

That whole final act was excellent !
Funny that you mention Batman being a bystander when these battles take place with the other worldly characters. BVS was on the TV yesterday and the part of the movie where they were battling Doomsday, Batman was just chilling as Wonder Woman (she was definitely kicking some you know what in those scenes) and Superman was doing all the fighting for the most part. Yeah he didn't want no parts of that. haha

Funny that you mention Batman being a bystander when these battles take place with the other worldly characters. BVS was on the TV yesterday and the part of the movie where they were battling Doomsday, Batman was just chilling as Wonder Woman (she was definitely kicking some you know what in those scenes) and Superman was doing all the fighting for the most part. Yeah he didn't want no parts of that. haha

??? 🤷‍♂️

1) Batman lures Doomsday to the deserted island where the Kryptonite spear is that can kill it. He formulates and shares that plan to use the spear to kill Doomsday.

2) After the Batplane is brought down Batman makes Doomsday chase after him like a bull going after a rodeo clown; which buys time for Superman and Lois to retrieve the Kryptonite spear.

3) Batman waits until the critical moment to fire his last remaining Kryptonite mist grenade at Doomsday. Doomsday inhaling the dust may well have proven decisive in that battle. We’ll never really know although maybe one day if someone asks Zack Snyder about it I’m sure the answer will be, yes, it made Doomsday just vulnerable enough to be killed, etc.

Superman provided the muscle and the sacrifice of his own life. Wonder Woman weakened Doomsday first with Godkiller with the cut to the Achilles and by holding him with the Lasso of Truth. And Batman‘s contributions are already noted. It was a team effort for sure.

Last edited:
I just love how Snyder managed to give Batman such a good role in the final battle against the Parademons. This is often his problem when dealing with supernatural beings like Steppenwolf, physically he can't really. But I'm always impressed how much time Zack gave to him to be in the action as an integral part, and not simply forgotten as the others deal with Steppenwolf.

That whole final act was excellent !
Yep…I always feel that Batman shines on his own and then falters when he is with the Justice League because he is underpowered when placed in fantasy/sci fi setting instead of his usual urban crime setting. Because of this I always hate when Batman is placed in the JL because I always feel it diminishes him.
To his credit, Snyder found a way to make Batman being in the JL make sense.

Yeah that's the end scene in had in mind as comparison. I'm sure Snyder was also aware of it, and therefore came up with something more suitable for the second otherworldly powered end battle in JL.

As jal76 said I'm glad Snyder found a more balanced way in JL. It really worked imo.

All that said, the scene in BVS where Wonder Woman appears and saves Batman's a$$ from Doomsday (with WW theme song blaring).....That is a seriously epic entrance !!

Last edited:
??? 🤷‍♂️

1) Batman lures Doomsday to the deserted island where the Kryptonite spear is that can kill it. He formulates and shares that plan to use the spear to kill Doomsday.

2) Batman waits until the critical moment to fire his last remaining Kryptonite mist grenade at Doomsday. Doomsday inhaling the dust may well have proven decisive in that battle. We’ll never really know although maybe one day if someone asks Zack Snyder about it I’m sure the answer will be, yes, it made Doomsday just vulnerable enough to be killed, etc.

Superman provided the muscle and the sacrifice of his own life. Wonder Woman weakened Doomsday first with Godkiller with the cut to the Achilles and by holding him with the Lasso of Truth. And Batman‘s contributions are already noted. It was a team effort for sure.
Yeah @Alatar you right as far as Batman's contributions to the scene an doing his part, but was really just acknowledging @Hoody999 comment about Batman physically mixing it up with the likes of the really powerful villains as opposed to the normal riff raff. Like I said, it was just funny seeing that scene on TV yesterday and @Hoody999 post just made me envisioning how maybe Batman was rethinking life in that scene (screencap below). haha

batman-v-superman-movie-screencaps.com-18306.jpg

Since there are tumbleweeds blowing through these dead DC threads anyway…may as well resuscitate this thread to celebrate just getting the deluxe version of this figure in brand new from an online retailer!
Amazing shelf presence with that Parademon base.
I was never a huge fan of the costume design of this version, preferring the Batman V Superman look, but on my shelf it looks awesome!

Since there are tumbleweeds blowing through these dead DC threads anyway…may as well resuscitate this thread to celebrate just getting the deluxe version of this figure in brand new from an online retailer!
I was never a huge fan of the costume design of this version, preferring the Batman V Superman look, but on my shelf it looks awesome!
Hope that changes overtime just like how it did for me.
I’ve find there are 3 things important in choosing a HT;

- Do you love the character regardless of how it looks?
- Do you enjoy the look of the figure?
- How did the movie/game/comic make you feel when you first watched it?

Especially the last point has increased my desire for this bad boy drastically.

Still on the waitlist for the non exclusive version. Don’t dislike the parademon base, but prefer the JL base, the industrial feel of that one vs the parademon one.

Is there another base in your box or just the parademon one? And how much did you pay for it? His eBay prices are pretty steep (anything over 2.5x the price)

With Batman Day coming up on the 18th of this month, hopefully hot toys will announce something [like The Dark Knight Rises Bat Armory]........:pray:

Congrats! I agree, I actually like this shelf presence over the BvS version. His waist is thicker which is more screen accurate. With Ben's head on it looks badass.

So yours has been on the shelf for several years now from the retailer, did it have any material damage from sitting so long? When I got mine last year, his butt stuck to the plastic and peeled off a bit when I removed him.

Congrats! I agree, I actually like this shelf presence over the BvS version. His waist is thicker which is more screen accurate. With Ben's head on it looks badass.

So yours has been on the shelf for several years now from the retailer, did it have any material damage from sitting so long? When I got mine last year, his butt stuck to the plastic and peeled off a bit when I removed him.
It was an online retailer and not a retail store and it was still sealed in the brown shipper so my guess is that whatever climate controlled warehouse it was kept in must have been very favorable. Brand new no different than any other figure that I have bought directly from Sideshow.

Hope that changes overtime just like how it did for me.
I’ve find there are 3 things important in choosing a HT;

- Do you love the character regardless of how it looks?
- Do you enjoy the look of the figure?
- How did the movie/game/comic make you feel when you first watched it?

Especially the last point has increased my desire for this bad boy drastically.

Still on the waitlist for the non exclusive version. Don’t dislike the parademon base, but prefer the JL base, the industrial feel of that one vs the parademon one.

Is there another base in your box or just the parademon one? And how much did you pay for it? His eBay prices are pretty steep (anything over 2.5x the price)
I despised the theatrical JL so I hated this design along with it…conversely, ZSJL is my all time favorite super hero movie so I have an all new appreciation for this incarnation of Batman.
I love my Suicide Squad Batman, but after my third watch of ZSJL I needed a version from that film in my collection too.
Tactical Suit feels a little too Nite Owl for me and I wanted a more traditional Batman look, so here we are.
Funny enough the Parademon Base is one of my favorite parts of the set.
It’s the closest we can get to a Parademon from Hot Toys. Jack Kirby’s New Gods is my all time favorite comic series so having a Parademon, even in a state of disrepair on my shelf is a big deal for me…the base makes the release truly special to me and tipped me over the top and allowed me to justify adding another DCEU Batman to my collection!

Congrats. He's a cool figure. In the end I decided on the Tactical version myself. But am totally with you.

Need to have at least one Batman from ZSJL !

Congrats. He's a cool figure. In the end I decided on the Tactical version myself. But am totally with you.

Need to have at least one Batman from ZSJL !
Thanks! Not going to lie…if I can find a price that I can live with on the Tactical, I’ll grab that one too…the combination of my love for the film and how well the other figure came out (can’t believe that the cape is actually stock, I think it’s beautiful) I now want both on my shelves.

Thanks! Not going to lie…if I can find a price that I can live with on the Tactical, I’ll grab that one too…the combination of my love for the film and how well the other figure came out (can’t believe that the cape is actually stock, I think it’s beautiful) I now want both on my shelves.
Saw this the other day.....no pressure :)
240673657_370835601263162_7173039888370216150_n.jpg

Back