Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it is stumpy but I agree with Hoody, its an easy fix. I have both SS and BvS and adding ankle extenders made a huge difference.

Practical reality as I’m using the term includes customization on the display shelf via a cape or any other accessory I suppose. In other words it is a practical reality that collectors absolutely do have such means at our disposal, and many regularly make use of them.

But tbh, lacking SS Batman I have no fair basis to compare the figures out of the box which is your basis of comparison. I’m just going by pics of the SS figure (in which case personally I’ll still take BvS, but that’s just me obviously and only going from pictures).

Bottom line for me: If you wish to assert that SS Batman is superior feel free! You’re in a better position than me to make that call.
Yes…collectors do have the means to customize any figure and improve it, but it’s illogical to factor that into the quality of the release.
It would be silly for me to say that the Sideshow Collectibles Bespin Han Solo is a superior figure to, say, the Hot Toys Battle Damaged Robocop, because I paid KA Kim $10,000.00 to sculpt a new head for MY Bespin Han Solo and now it looks better to ME on my shelf than the Robocop.
I can say that it’s the best figure in my collection, but it would be foolish to suggest that because of that, Sideshow Collectibles released the superior figure.

Yes…collectors do have the means to customize any figure and improve it, but it’s illogical to factor that into the quality of the release.
It would be silly for me to say that the Sideshow Collectibles Bespin Han Solo is a superior figure to, say, the Hot Toys Battle Damaged Robocop, because I paid KA Kim $10,000.00 to sculpt a new head for MY Bespin Han Solo and now it looks better to ME on my shelf than the Robocop.
I can say that it’s the best figure in my collection, but it would be foolish to suggest that because of that, Sideshow Collectibles released the superior figure.

Lol, using a $10K custom head sculpt is an extreme example for sure, but whatever, fair enough.

It’s interesting as I look back at various unboxing and review YT videos that compare the BvS vs SS Batmans. I still prefer the contrast of the slightly grayer suit to comparatively darker Bat symbol in the BvS suit. There’s less contrast between suit color and Bat symbol with the SS suit, it looks like. There’s gold flecks in the SS suit which does sound pretty neat, but I still prefer the contrast between suit color and Bat symbol better with the BvS figure. No way would I personally use the stock cape for either figure. But no need to cover that ground yet again.

Lol, using a $10K custom head sculpt is an extreme example for sure, but whatever, fair enough.

It’s interesting as I look back at various unboxing and review YT videos that compare the BvS vs SS Batmans. I still prefer the contrast of the slightly grayer suit to comparatively darker Bat symbol in the BvS suit. There’s less contrast between suit color and Bat symbol with the SS suit, it looks like. There’s gold flecks in the SS suit which does sound pretty neat, but I still prefer the contrast between suit color and Bat symbol better with the BvS figure. No way would I personally use the stock cape for either figure. But no need to cover that ground yet again.
Fair enough, but take it from someone who has both…I will never display the Batman V Superman figure again…literally just holding onto it to resell it at some future date thanks to SS Batman. It is objectively better by every qualitative measure.

Fair enough, but take it from someone who has both…I will never display the Batman V Superman figure again…literally just holding onto it to resell it at some future date thanks to SS Batman. It is objectively better by every qualitative measure.
I have both and I disagree with your opinion that you seem to put out as fact. :dunno

I have both and I disagree with your opinion that you seem to put out as fact. :dunno
You are more than welcome to disagree with my incontrovertible , objective facts.
Some folks watch Citizen Kane and think it’s bad, others hate The Beatles, some prefer McDonalds to fine dining…that diversity of viewpoints makes life more interesting.
Some only have the Batman V Superman Batman and not the SS Squad one anymore, or maybe never did, and claim to have them both, to seem credible, while convincing themselves that the clearly better figure is not better…variety is truly the spice of life!

Facts: love my Suicide Squad Batman but that’s just my personal opinion 😉. Enjoy collecting guys!
960C1618-CA99-40C9-B22A-EFE59F5CB1DE.jpeg

JL version is better than all other versions. The design of BvS is better, but the JL Hot Toys is better than the others. I've owned one SS and two BvS versions - therefore I win and my fact is true facts. Fact.
tenor-2.gif

JL version is a nice figure but it's a lot baggier around the hips/thigh areas. Doesn't have the same form fitting shape as the BvS.
20210316_200249.jpg

View attachment 533693

JL version is a nice figure but it's a lot baggier around the hips/thigh areas. Doesn't have the same form fitting shape as the BvS.
View attachment 533694

Nope, nope!

BvS Batman has very weird thighs, his waist is thin and his thighs bulk out to an absurd degree wider that his waist that just doesn't look natural or how he was in the film and his legs look stumpy because of it, which is why most people put ankle extenders on to heighten him so he doesn't look like a leg chode.

If JL Batman had the padding on the stomach the same as BvS it would be ultimate. Also the suits of BvS and SS sticks to itself and the patterns ripped off. Not had that with JL.

My JL is skin tight all over, both my BvS and SS had Spongebob Squarepants pants, had to do the crotch mod, don't really need to do it with JL. Not to mention the face plates are far superior.

Also the cape on JL is superior to BvS and SS.

Nope, nope!

BvS Batman has very weird thighs, his waist is thin and his thighs bulk out to an absurd degree wider that his waist that just doesn't look natural or how he was in the film and his legs look stumpy because of it, which is why most people put ankle extenders on to heighten him so he doesn't look like a leg chode.

If JL Batman had the padding on the stomach the same as BvS it would be ultimate. Also the suits of BvS and SS sticks to itself and the patterns ripped off. Not had that with JL.

My JL is skin tight all over, both my BvS and SS had Spongebob Squarepants pants, had to do the crotch mod, don't really need to do it with JL. Not to mention the face plates are far superior.

Also the cape on JL is superior to BvS and SS.
tenor-4.gif

The cape is a matter of opinion and I never had an issue with the suit sticking. The legs look proportionate to me, he's supposed to be a beast. This Batman never skipped leg day lol
The JL legs look like he's wearing sweatpants haha
20210805_164630.jpg

Last edited:
I also at one point owned 1 SS and 2 BvS. My friend acquired the other BvS last year to start his HT collection.
I never had the urge to own the JL version. The proportions just looks too weird for me.
BvS/SS is a beast.

I will say, in comparing which 1/6 Batfleck is better, after seeing Justin's video on the Studio Z Batman in Chamber, Seeing it side by side with the Hot Toys, I do think its beats both SS/BvS.
Only thing is its not cheap, its a statue, and you cant use the mouthpiece/eyes on the empty cowl.
But with the HT cowl on the statue, I think it looks Sweet. Tempted to get one.

JL Batman is more accurate to real life since Ben Affleck clearly skips leg day, lol. The BvS suit padded up his legs, let there be no doubt about that. But those monster thighs in BvS (both the movie and the figure) were appropriate for the beast that he was, inspired by Frank Miller's TDKR.

I also have never had an issue with BvS suit sticking in any way.

In the ZSJL movie I really don't see any of the narrowing of the neck that the Hot Toys figure has. Most unfortunately, it tends to give the head an egg shaped appearance depending on the angle. Some prefer that to the thicker neck of the BvS/SS cowl. But I think the think neck was designed by Bruce Wayne to strike more fear into criminals, it's more intimidating. And the overall shape is perfection, imho.

BenAffleckBatmanHQ (1).jpg

Which is not to say that the JL doesn't look cool af in the film.

zjl bat suit.jpeg

But it's hard to capture that even in a photograph of the Hot Toys figure itself. Although I'll be happy for it to be proven otherwise, I just haven't seen any myself. It wouldn't be fair to show HT's promotional pics for JL Batman because I know it looks less egg shaped in hand. But I found it a bit challenging to get the very best angles on it.

Back