Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I watched this live stream recording in which the host states his opinion that pretty much all the Snyderverse figures these days (including from MoS, BvS, WW, SS, etc.), but in particular the JL line, are now grails for many collectors. Like he’s seeing a lot of regret out there for not getting the JL line when available at retail, or for having sold them off, etc.

I agree with Danoby’s analysis about the JL line figures becoming grails.

Ironically, then, last week I put my JL Batman Deluxe up for sale on FB 1/6 groups minus the parademon stand and blaster since to be totally honest, for my taste I like BvS Batman so much better that I don‘t see myself ever displaying JL Batman (i.e., out-of-the-box, as-is, unmodified).

I did display this figure briefly when I first got him but soon put him back in the box. BvS Batman is just perfect to me, so he’s always going to be my main figure to represent Batfleck. The only reason I bought JL Batman Deluxe was simply to pair the parademon stand and blaster with JL Tactical Suit Batman. So it’s like selling a standard JL Batman minus the blaster and standard stand (both of which are commonly available separately on eBay actually, as is the parademon stand, for those determined to complete the figure).

I set the price high even for an incomplete figure because I do believe that now that Cyborg has finally released, the other JL figures will be more in demand than ever. I’m confident that I’ll get the price eventually.

But I have to say, I’m having second thoughts on all this. I believe these figures are only going to increase in value over time. (Well, unless there’s a JL re-release, but I doubt that will happen.) I’m thinking, maybe I should just be still and hold onto him…

In terms of ever actually displaying this figure, though, I’d have to modify him pretty heavily. I‘d have the suit repainted to a gray color that matches the movie. I don’t care for the black suit. The repaint would include the cowl, which in the movie is a sort of bluish gray, not black. Doing the chest mod is no big deal but that would be a must as well. And I don’t like the egg shape of the cowl. So I’d also widen the neck by inserting a material inside to push the cowl’s neck out. That’s just trial and error to get it looking right. And hopefully that would even work… But in any event, even with all that extra effort and expense (for the repaint) when I have BvS, Tac Suit, and BvS Battle Damaged Armored Bartman to rotate out from time to time, I just don‘t expect displaying the figure often unless I’m super pleased with the mod results.

Sorry for this longwinded, overly detailed post. But if you have this figure… and if like me for you he’s at the bottom of the list for most appreciated in the JL line... Would you hold onto him for a bit longer to see what happens with the price? Would you just go ahead and sell him?

Or maybe you adore this figure as is… I’m sure many do!….and if so that’s awesome. But there’s no dilemma for you then, lol. You’re just going to enjoy him! But if that’s your position on the figure I’d appreciate hearing that too.

Last edited:
B/c he was. You can really see the alcohol taking it's toll on him in Josstice League. His very rosy, fuller cheeks and overall tired look. And when they're discussing bringing superman back, he's almost bursting out of the waistcoat he's wearing.
Right on. The plane scene with him shaving and talking to Alfred, all I was thinking was this guy looks bad.

Last night I watched this live stream recording in which the host states his opinion that pretty much all the Snyderverse figures these days (including from MoS, BvS, WW, SS, etc.), but in particular the JL line, are now grails for many collectors. Like he’s seeing a lot of regret out there for not getting the JL line when available at retail, or for having sold them off, etc.

I agree with Danoby’s analysis about the JL line figures becoming grails.

Ironically, then, last week I put my JL Batman Deluxe up for sale on FB 1/6 groups minus the parademon stand and blaster since to be totally honest, for my taste I like BvS Batman so much better that I don‘t see myself ever displaying JL Batman (i.e., out-of-the-box, as-is, unmodified).

I did display this figure briefly when I first got him but soon put him back in the box. BvS Batman is just perfect to me, so he’s always going to be my main figure to represent Batfleck. The only reason I bought JL Batman Deluxe was simply to pair the parademon stand and blaster with JL Tactical Suit Batman. So it’s like selling a standard JL Batman minus the blaster and standard stand (both of which are commonly available separately on eBay actually, as is the parademon stand, for those determined to complete the figure).

I set the price high even for an incomplete figure because I do believe that now that Cyborg has finally released, the other JL figures will be more in demand than ever. I’m confident that I’ll get the price eventually.

But I have to say, I’m having second thoughts on all this. I believe these figures are only going to increase in value over time. (Well, unless there’s a JL re-release, but I doubt that will happen.) I’m thinking, maybe I should just be still and hold onto him…

In terms of ever actually displaying this figure, though, I’d have to modify him pretty heavily. I‘d have the suit repainted to a gray color that matches the movie. I don’t care for the black suit. The repaint would include the cowl, which in the movie is a sort of bluish gray, not black. Doing the chest mod is no big deal but that would be a must as well. And I don’t like the egg shape of the cowl. So I’d also widen the neck by inserting a material inside to push the cowl’s neck out. That’s just trial and error to get it looking right. And hopefully that would even work… But in any event, even with all that extra effort and expense (for the repaint) when I have BvS, Tac Suit, and BvS Battle Damaged Armored Bartman to rotate out from time to time, I just don‘t expect displaying the figure often unless I’m super pleased with the mod results.

Sorry for this longwinded, overly detailed post. But if you have this figure… and if like me for you he’s at the bottom of the list for most appreciated in the JL line... Would you hold onto him for a bit longer to see what happens with the price? Would you just go ahead and sell him?

Or maybe you adore this figure as is… I’m sure many do!….and if so that’s awesome. But there’s no dilemma for you then, lol. You’re just going to enjoy him! But if that’s your position on the figure I’d appreciate hearing that too.

Batman V Superman Batman is almost perfect…but cannot be considered perfect as long as the superior Suicide Squad Batman exists.

Batman V Superman Batman is almost perfect…but cannot be considered perfect as long as the superior Suicide Squad Batman exists.
The body proportions of the SS Batman is better but the suit texture on the BvS Batman is better IMO. It's much more pronounced on the latter.

The body proportions of the SS Batman is better but the suit texture on the BvS Batman is better IMO. It's much more pronounced on the latter.
I don’t see any difference in the suit texture, but there are huge differences in the cape and cowl. The Batman V Superman version became obsolete when SS version was released. Batman deserves a long, cool, flowing cape that doesn’t cover up the bat symbol.

I don’t see any difference in the suit texture, but there are huge differences in the cape and cowl. The Batman V Superman version became obsolete when SS version was released. Batman deserves a long, cool, flowing cape that doesn’t cover up the bat symbol.
The little textures on the BvS version are more raised and the SS has somewhat been flattened. I have both so I can tell and that was also mentioned on the BvS or SS Batman thread.

The little textures on the BvS version are more raised and the SS has somewhat been flattened. I have both so I can tell and that was also mentioned on the BvS or SS Batman thread.
Yep…I have them both too…and to me it’s barely perceptible…nothing compared to the difference in the capes.

I use a custom cape so the stock ones don't matter to me.
Yep…but the point wasn’t what matter to you per se…it was which figure was the superior release from Hot Toys.
We can’t factor your custom cape into that because it wasn’t part of the release.

Yep…but the point wasn’t what matter to you per se…it was which figure was the superior release from Hot Toys.
We can’t factor your custom cape into that because it wasn’t part of the release.
Custom cape or not, the SS cape wasn't really any better. It was a half assed attempt even with the wires in it. They're both crap. It's your opinion that the SS version is better. For me, each has something that is better than the other and doesn't definitively puts one above the other.

Yep…I have them both too…and to me it’s barely perceptible…nothing compared to the difference in the capes.
Cool. I always thought the SS was the superior version which I missed out on. They were rarer than hens teeth. But I did manage to get the BvS version, and like Bleah also got a custom cape.

He's still probably my favourite Batman. Tactical (with leg extenders) a close second. Knightmare is pre-ordered. Only got into collecting DC slightly after BvS, and always regretted not tracking down a Knightmare earlier on.

Yeah, I have an assortment of custom Batman capes by now, so difference between stock capes for BvS vs. SS doesn’t affect me.

I don’t own SS but I’ve read that the color of the SS suit is a bit darker/blacker than BvS’s which for me is aesthetically not as pleasing if true.

The standard JL suit is too dark for my taste. If he doesn’t sell at the price I’m asking, and I end up keeping him, if I’m ever going to display him in the future I’d have the suit repainted including cowl to match the colors I see in ZSJL.

DFEBC87A-7FE3-4FD5-9153-C3792F1F9362.jpeg

The only thing that would then be significantly different is the shape of the cowl between BvS and JL. And as mentioned I’d widen the neck since narrower stock neck on Hot Toys‘ JL cowl makes the head look egg shaped from various angles. I might even try to have a new custom version of it 3D printed.

The JL cowl does actually look pretty cool from various angles in the ZSJL movie itself. And if all I owned was JL Bats I might indeed go to the trouble to customize the **** out of him, i.e., make him an exceptional one-of-a-kind figure. But all of this feels like too much trouble when I have 10/10 BvS Batman and 9.5/10 Tac Suit Batman (half a point deducted due to ridiculously large shoulder plates, which may be movie accurate (?) but is slightly distracting for a 1/6 figure).

Last edited:
I guess that’s a reasonable point to make in theory, but the practical reality is that many of us buy custom capes and it obviously increases our options when displaying the figure! What actually matters is what I’m displaying on my shelf.

I guess that’s a reasonable point to make in theory, but the practical reality is that many of us buy custom capes and it obviously increases our options when displaying the figure! What actually matters is what I’m displaying on my shelf.
Not really, unless it’s a discussion about an individual collector’s shelves. If we are discussing the quality of a release of one figure from Hot Toys versus another, which we were, all that matters is what THEY released, not how anyone else customized it at home.

Practical reality as I’m using the term includes customization on the display shelf via a cape or any other accessory I suppose. In other words it is a practical reality that collectors absolutely do have such means at our disposal, and many regularly make use of them.

But tbh, lacking SS Batman I have no fair basis to compare the figures out of the box which is your basis of comparison. I’m just going by pics of the SS figure (in which case personally I’ll still take BvS, but that’s just me obviously and only going from pictures).

Bottom line for me: If you wish to assert that SS Batman is superior feel free! You’re in a better position than me to make that call.

I've always thought the legs look stumpy & lumpy on the BvS. Did the SS figure improve this?
Yup he’s a bit stumpy. I felt like the Superman figures after MoS are as well. BvS and JL Superman are shorter than MoS and with the huge thighs, he looks even more stumpy. The arms are so long on the Affleck Batman bodies that without the ankle extenders, the arms are about as long as the legs.

Last edited:
Back