Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking at my Justice League Batman for years now and not being happy with it I decided to do something about it. I had done some tweaks before but nothing "fixed it".

The cowl neck isn't wide enough.
The suit is also not textured enough and is shiny.
The symbol is too low on the chest and shiny black and blends in with the suit too easily.

My main issue though has been the body. There's no shape to it, especially the legs. They lack size and definition. The chest looks flat too. I was thinking of getting a BvS body for it but they are rare and expensive. I also don't like how thick and dumpy Tactical Batman is either so I decided to swap the bodies. After doing this it's my opinion they got the bodies the wrong way round. I took all the foam padding from the JL body and transferred it to the Tactical body. Basically, it's the JL torso with the Tactical legs.

Tactical Batman looks pretty much the same. JL Batman however has gained size, definition and shape, mainly on his legs and what a difference it makes.
I've also, blackwashed the belt. Matt blacked the symbol then blackwashed that too. I've padded the neck out and added extra foam to the chest.

Very happy with him now. The symbol is still lacking but he has much more presence. He looks more like Batfleck than he ever has.

At some point, a paint job might be the finishing touch for it.

PXL_20230607_114319354.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230607_092523817.jpg

JL on the left, Tactical on the right.

PXL_20230607_093146228.jpg

Foam and bodies swapped.

PXL_20230607_103131810.PORTRAIT.jpg

Here’s my JL Batman. Did some work to him like repainted the belt and corrected the pouches to be more screen accurate. While the stock head wasn’t bad I wanted something that screamed Ben Affleck and this custom sculpt does that for me.
IMG_7348.jpeg

Back