Hot Toys - IT: Chapter 2 1/6 scale Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some stats:
* the next nearest not released figure is Harley Quinn from BOP
* the oldest not released Marvel was announced around the same time, Miles from Spider-Verse
* the oldest SW is CW Anakin which was announced 15 months ago
* Staggeringly there are 38 Marvel on the to be released schedule
* 24 SW
* 15 DC figures
* 4 BTTF
* Johnny Silverhand

Takeaways? There are more DC than I realised. BTTF is a shining beacon. The difference between Marvel and SW is greater than I thought and agree with the person who said all those Marvel could bite them, especially all the variations, What Ifs etc. Think about all the lines they could be doing if they shaved the clutter off Marvel and SW. :(

Every-time I see this in the “new” list, I get excited….only to be disappointed by Disney Toys…,er I mean Hot Toys……

tick tock

what is very interesting, is the fact that its been like two years since I bought a figure from HT.
Conincidence?

I just really wonder who is buying all this “What If “ stuff and the constant Armor SW stuff….

what is very interesting, is the fact that its been like two years since I bought a figure from HT.
Conincidence?

I just really wonder who is buying all this “What If “ stuff and the constant Armor SW stuff….
I think the China market has a lot more sway than people may think. I got the impression from the facebook that the hunger for that stuff is major. They also have a lot more disposable income than before. The Chinese collectors I've seen are throwing tons of money into the custom collecting community. Especially Tony Stark and stuff.

My display is ready for him,I just really want to complete it with this figure

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_190754.jpg
    IMG_20211014_190754.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 77
I think the China market has a lot more sway than people may think. I got the impression from the facebook that the hunger for that stuff is major. They also have a lot more disposable income than before. The Chinese collectors I've seen are throwing tons of money into the custom collecting community. Especially Tony Stark and stuff.
This is probably a big truth….

Armor figures have been a huge draw , Ultraman, Power Rangers…etc etc.

Well I'm out,waiting this long and seeing other figures come out way after the PO of Pennywise I'm just done,I cancelled my PO,HT as a company makes great figures but over the years the variety and selection now just falls under their big 3 and I have no interest in any of those properties,and I'd just rather not give money to them given how they've handled this,for all those receiving this figure I hope it's not too much longer for you and I hope the wait has been worth it

I totally understand the frustrations with HT, I basically do not order from them anymore….

That being said, as a long time collector, wait time used to be long for just about every release. Its only since they got backed with Disney and Marvel that production times have dropped. I suspect they want to strike while the iron is hot to capture all those impulse buys we now see littering ebay.

Longest wait so far was for AWIL statue from PCS , just over 3 years.

Worth the wait ….

Kinda crazy how venom got pushed out fast and that’s entirely a new thing they did and I love venom but a clown monster is taking so long . Almost 2 yrs.
But it’s hot toys and I never had faith in them nor do I wish for them to make figures I want outside of marvel or Dc. They are just incompetent

I’m very very stretched, sideshow wise, thanks to Star Wars overload, but Stephen King help me, I think I might order this 😂

I know the waiting sucks. But I just try to look at it like, this (or others) could have just been some neat prototype at a Con or something, never to be seen again, so just the fact I know it’s in a actual queue, I try to take solace in.

It would be neat if some toy companies had a behind the scenes YouTube or something, that they gave you a look into production and what going on at the factories.

I watched the “toys that made us” on Netflix and I found it interesting, learning the histories. So seeing some of the production and designer thoughts during the process would be cool.

I guess maybe trade secrets might not allow

Last edited:
I’m very very stretched, sideshow wise, thanks to Star Wars overload, but Stephen King help me, I think I might order this 😂

I know the waiting sucks. But I just try to look at it like, this (or others) could have just been some neat prototype at a Con or something, never to be seen again, so just the fact I know it’s in a actual queue, I try to take solace in.

It would be neat if some toy companies had a behind the scenes YouTube or something, that they gave you a look into production and what going on at the factories.

I watched the “toys that made us” on Netflix and I found it interesting, learning the histories. So seeing some of the production and designer thoughts during the process would be cool.

I guess maybe trade secrets might now allow
definitely one of hot toy's standout figures in recent. its really awesome hot toys is tackling horror and i hope that if pennywise sells really well that there will be more figures because there is always a market for horror figures, albeit niche compared to marvel/starwars/dc.

i feel companies who are more transparent with their customers are more likely to be trusted. in recent, some companies actually talk and speak to their customers or even fans of their products and i really wish hot toy does it but i understand if they don't. lots of people are toxic and just outright insult hot toys sometimes. i can't go on facebook and see a pennywise post without someone commenting "why this was made" or "who even wants this" just updates of production and what figures are slated to arrive soon, i'd happily take if hot toy ever does end up announcing updates instead of just ghosting for 1+ year until the figure releases. but maybe it could be a licensing issue perhaps that they don't allow? things like that can really get convoluted with companies and brands.

I guess maybe trade secrets might not allow
Some of the groups on Facebook will have factory videos from time to time. Not this level, but the figure making process. One can sort of extrapolate from them these processes.

Back