Hot Toys - IT: Chapter 2 1/6 scale Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Clowning Around 🤡🤡
20220220_181308.jpg
20220220_181148.jpg
20220220_181337.jpg
20220220_181529.jpg
20220220_181540.jpg
20220220_181754.jpg

I got this guy this week and it's a stunner. The hair paint is especially beautiful. He is all torn apart as I decided how I want to change him but even stock, he's a great figure.

Wow this is weird. I love the guys at Timewalker, but usually they get the stock much later.

My Pennywise has been sitting in my kitchen for 7 days. Hope to open today or tonorrow.

Will post a review then.

Ok first , the review.
Lets just start out by stating the obvious, I have not been a fan of the direction HT has been taking for the past several years. Constant repetition of the same license, and what's worse, constant repetition of the same characters....of course , with a new hat.
c37d02573bd77649ab3aa8934b187f4f.jpg

So, we should automatically applaud HT for expanding things out and exploring licenses out side of the big three.

But, as we have recently seen, even if you have a license, the final product for some of these "lesser" producers cane be a huge letdown (Asmus I am looking at you).

What we have here is an unfortunately a rare occurrence in 1/6th collectables these days; a larger producer with an unusual official license, that's produced what may be considered figure of the year. That's not an exaggeration or overstatement....

This is literally the best figure of the year. (IMO)

The paint apps are perfect, tailoring and fabrics are spot on, the included accessories are numerous and relevant, and the base is quite simply the best base HT has produced since Anakin Skywalker. I even give this base the edge over that one, since it has the hidden spot for the second head sculpt.

And then, lets talk about the flexibility of this guy....I cannot remember another figure that has this level of ability to pose.....(possibly Spidey). Add to this the incredible shelf presence, and this is just a knockout piece.

Fellow Freaks: "So ....xipo....seriously...what's the are the negatives? You ALWAYS point out the negatives?"

Ok ok...so yeah....if I have to....I can fine a few negatives. As stated before, the collar frills around the neck sit way too low. Actually all the pics to follow are of the modded neck lace (made by just cutting the frill loose from the shirt.....I didn't remove the fat suit yet, as I am not totally sold on taking it off...yet..

And then their is the weathering.....or stark lack of it. The shoes are dirty...but the rest is spotless. Its an easy fix, but I think HT should have resembled the proto more and had some light weathering.

I don't know if the crazy long wait time can be considered a negative, given the product they have produced?

Lastly.....not really a negative, but this thing is HUGE....not Avatar huge...but with the base, and Pennywise standing tall.....with the balloon.....its just not going to fix in Detolf. Fortunately, because of the pose ability, you can make it work in so many ways. See below for proof.

So , this is easily the best figure of the year for me.......I suggest picking him up....or be left out.

And then, you'll float too.

Xip.

IMG_8992.JPEG

When I received my pennywise the the cotton thread on the balloon had come away at the bottom and the metal wire is exposed!☹️ How do I go about fixing this or maybe getting a replacement?? It was also a nightmare trying to pose him holding the balloon but I did it (eventually)

When I received my pennywise the the cotton thread on the balloon had come away at the bottom and the metal wire is exposed!☹️ How do I go about fixing this or maybe getting a replacement?? It was also a nightmare trying to pose him holding the balloon but I did it (eventually)
contact your seller first

I think we may give HT too much credit regarding their idea for the base (especially in Justin's review). They just copied the idea from ACME Toys Pennywise figure but of course HT made it look way nicer than theirs (ACME Toys) ever was.

I think we may give HT too much credit regarding their idea for the base (especially in Justin's review). They just copied the idea from ACME Toys Pennywise figure but of course HT made it look way nicer than theirs (ACME Toys) ever was.
I think the credit is due for them actually doing a base like this at all. Lately HT has been cheaping out in bases al together.

The base is awesome but doesn't make any sense. Pennywise is supposed to be in the sewer , not on top.
this is temporary , he will be on another base soon

I JUST GOT THE MASTER REVOLVING HOUSE from Legend Studios and it's awesome.
20220228_185238.jpg
20220228_185246.jpg
20220228_185721_06.jpg

Back