Hot Toys - IT: Chapter 2 1/6 scale Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The display base is one of the biggest selling points for me and it’s also the one thing I most want to change.
You could easily lose an inch from the bottom section and it’d still do the job amazingly and fit in the majority of detolfs/display cases/shelves etc.

As is, it’s a bit too much of a giant podium. Also, are curbs really tall in the states? Looks like this one would end up being about 7 inches at full scale. They’re only about 4” here. (I know I’m just inviting some ‘that’s what she said’ comments with this topic.)

I’ll potentially pick this up next month- if there aren’t too many Star Wars announcements- to stand beside my Asmus Ash because that also has a massive base and is horror related.
Ash vs Pennywise. Dream match.
Do you have feelings about the current Asmus Ash “Willams” blunders they’ve been making on the figure? Pennywise came out great, the Ash is not…looking so much.

Do you have feelings about the current Asmus Ash “Willams” blunders they’ve been making on the figure? Pennywise came out great, the Ash is not…looking so much.
Ha, I do indeed; It looks to be an utter disgrace.
I’m going to wait for some decent pics and an actual video review of the lux edition before solidifying my impulse to cancel but it’s not looking good.

With Pennywise looking like such a success, the money saved from not paying for my Ash would divert instantly to picking him up.
The two would have made a great pairing but there’s no justifying Asmus’ asking price for what has turned out to be such an insulting disappointment.

I refined my weathering techniqe over the years on a variety of materials. With hard non porous surfaces like styrene in models I use a dry brush.
Leather , like on Wasteland warrior from VTS , dry chalk and painter ink work best. First a pass with the ink, to get into the stitching and crevasses , then wiped off quickly as that stuff will stain. Then a dusting and smearing with ground pastels.

With cloth, its mostly washes , and a bit of chalk or pastel. If it pretty porus , washing it mostly all you need.

The material on this figure while fabric, has been deacribed at non porous ….and may have more of a plastic like feel. If thats the case, the wash will be the start for the crease areas, and pastel rubs and dusting for the more plastic like fabrics.

Ha, I do indeed; It looks to be an utter disgrace.
I’m going to wait for some decent pics and an actual video review of the lux edition before solidifying my impulse to cancel but it’s not looking good.

With Pennywise looking like such a success, the money saved from not paying for my Ash would divert instantly to picking him up.
The two would have made a great pairing but there’s no justifying Asmus’ asking price for what has turned out to be such an insulting disappointment.
I know this isn’t the forum for it, but just wanted to say we’re wearing the same shoes. I ordered deluxe and am now waiting to see how this plays out. Luckily there are good things to look forward to like this Pennywise fig! Also hoping the Flashack Dexter Morgan & Iconiq Studios Patrick Bateman come out okay. Otherwise I’m hoping TOTS continues to improve their quality and acquire more franchise rights.

Just got the dreaded delay email from sideshow about this. They just moved it back a month so not too bad as long as it doesn't get delayed again.

Back