Hot Toys - IT: Chapter 2 1/6 scale Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean’s review is the only one I trust. I just watched his mod video as well and he did a much better job than hot toys did.

Dean Knight's work is stellar. I loved this figure before his mods, but he really took it to another level... and with really 3 simple mods: raise the collar, weather the suit, dump the bodysuit.

Dean Knight's work is stellar. I loved this figure before his mods, but he really took it to another level... and with really 3 simple mods: raise the collar, weather the suit, dump the bodysuit.
Yeah looks like the really flubbed any weathering attempt

Fettywise

Attachments

• 4619742C-46AE-4220-8314-58CE1CB81CDD.jpeg
    4619742C-46AE-4220-8314-58CE1CB81CDD.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 64
The display base is one of the biggest selling points for me and it’s also the one thing I most want to change.
You could easily lose an inch from the bottom section and it’d still do the job amazingly and fit in the majority of detolfs/display cases/shelves etc.

As is, it’s a bit too much of a giant podium. Also, are curbs really tall in the states? Looks like this one would end up being about 7 inches at full scale. They’re only about 4” here. (I know I’m just inviting some ‘that’s what she said’ comments with this topic.)

I’ll potentially pick this up next month- if there aren’t too many Star Wars announcements- to stand beside my Asmus Ash because that also has a massive base and is horror related.
Ash vs Pennywise. Dream match.

The display base is one of the biggest selling points for me and it’s also the one thing I most want to change.
You could easily lose an inch from the bottom section and it’d still do the job amazingly and fit in the majority of detolfs/display cases/shelves etc.

As is, it’s a bit too much of a giant podium. Also, are curbs really tall in the states? Looks like this one would end up being about 7 inches at full scale. They’re only about 4” here. (I know I’m just inviting some ‘that’s what she said’ comments with this topic.)

I’ll potentially pick this up next month- if there aren’t too many Star Wars announcements- to stand beside my Asmus Ash because that also has a massive base and is horror related.
US curbs vary a lot.

Yeah generally where I've lived (New Jersey and California), it's at 6-8" typically.

The collar mod is great, but I'm not a huge fan of that weather technique; the hard edges always feel a bit DIY to me. I've found in the past that if you first wet the material you're weathering, the colours will bleed in and blend with a much subtler and appealing gradien

The collar mod is great, but I'm not a huge fan of that weather technique; the hard edges always feel a bit DIY to me. I've found in the past that if you first wet the material you're weathering, the colours will bleed in and blend with a much subtler and appealing gradient
Yeah I soak the whole garment first so that's the weathering flows into the recesses. A dry garment tends to stay on top, especially if the costume has some stiffener in it to aid in sewing.

If I ever pull the trigger on this, the collar and fat suit removal is a must. Like a commentator mentioned, I wish he would have shown how that looked by itself before doing the weathering.

Personally I think you'd get better results weathering the outfit with chalk pastels than paint. But hard to know for sure until I get the figure in hand.
I bet a combo of both techniques would work great for a variation in types of dirt and stains

Back