Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - MMS600 - 1:6 Tony Stark (Mark V Suit up Version) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diecast prices for a pile of plastic, well done everyone

These are all overpriced luxuries. I simple figure like Wanda or Bo- Katan is pushing $300 so $350 for something with as many parts as this is no suprise. Besides Dicast figures are still 80% (give or take) plastic.

Now i have high hopes for the Infinity War nano suit.
336ab99aff605170a0166763cd04b883.jpg

This is…quite good. Really like this new younger Tony sculpt. The mid-suit up look is something customizers have explored to great effect, and it works well here too. More of a statue than a figure though given the limited display possibilities.

Is it safe to pose this figure in the suit up Jesus pose from the promo pics?

I really like that pose straight from the movie but was wondering if that puts any unnecessary stress on the under suit material, which appears to be a pleather material.

I keep most of my delicate figures in boring museum poses (i.e. Iron Spidey or seamless bodies like Wonder Woman).

A T-pose is about as vanilla as it gets, the stress that melts the rubber suits is when material is stuck to itself in the inside of elbows and knees and it where it stretches on the outsides of sharp joint bends. All the arms out will do is bunch up the top of the shoulders a bit, which is already being smushed under the armor anyway.

This is pretty cool for those who want it and I'll give it to HT for being unique with this choice, but ultimately it's gonna be a pass for me. I just don't need it. The likeness/hair isn't 100% either and I'm all about likeness accuracy.

Anyways, to those diehard Iron Man fans, congrats and enjoy!

Lol. Just goes to show how huge a real Iron Man helmet would be when a full human head is in there. And the suit too. The suited up version of the MKV is incredibly slender, especially when stood next to other MK suits, but seeing it like this shows that even a slender guy would look like the Michelin Man wearing an IM armour.
I'm not putting it down. I think it's a great idea(And roll on the MKVII suit up figure).
I love the sculpt too(It will be nice if they use that head from now on for early Tony figures). It would also have been nice if they included an extra sculpt which had the helmet on, a little bit more slender. But this is very unexpected. The kind of thing you'd expect a third party manufacturer to make.

Would only want this if i had the mk 5 and the other problem is you can get a perfectly serviceable track suit and suitcase from 3rd party for probably $120? I do like the concept though and if there was a clean headsculpt maybe I would bite.

Lol. Just goes to show how huge a real Iron Man helmet would be when a full human head is in there. And the suit too. The suited up version of the MKV is incredibly slender, especially when stood next to other MK suits, but seeing it like this shows that even a slender guy would look like the Michelin Man wearing an IM armour.
I'm not putting it down. I think it's a great idea(And roll on the MKVII suit up figure).
I love the sculpt too(It will be nice if they use that head from now on for early Tony figures). It would also have been nice if they included an extra sculpt which had the helmet on, a little bit more slender. But this is very unexpected. The kind of thing you'd expect a third party manufacturer to make.

Yeah now that I see it, the helmet looks way too big around the head. It was much more slender in the actual suitup sequence, but HT obviously wanted to be able to fit the pieces around a normal sculpt and all that hair. When they really should have included a second sculpt that already had the helmet pieces attached to it.

Looks amazing! Not a chance I'll pass on this.

I really hope we get something like this for Iron Man 1.

hqdefault.jpg

Back