Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - MMS600 - 1:6 Tony Stark (Mark V Suit up Version) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many attempts have they had at sculpting RDJ now...must be double-figures, surely? And yet they still struggle to pin down the likeness. Amazing.

Why would you want a half Iron Man
Because the suit up sequence for this suit in particular is cooler than the suit itself for many. I rather have this on display than the skinny Mark V figure. They would also probably look awesome together side by side.

giphy.gif

184773374_10158009386117344_3326230567063985492_n.jpg

Would have been nice to get a diorama base with race track barrier behind him. It's a 'nice to have' figure not a 'must have' for me. Now if they did a similar thing with the Mark 3 and a gantry...

It's quite impressive, but a quick check of the product specs show that it's half an inch shorter than the diecast Mark V (12.2" vs. 12.7"). Given that people will likely pose them together, it seems weird not to have them match.

I remember Hot Toys gauging interest for this figure in 2013 with those "For the People"surveys they used to do on their Website.Anyone remember them?Race Suit Tony finished second.I hope they do a race helmet for him too.Im in for this one.

Last edited:
I really like the headsculpt. And I like the fact that Hot Toys is trying to be innovative.

But it's not working for me.

It doesn't look like Tony is suiting up, rather he is wearing an oversized gear that looks like Mark V.

So it's a pass.

It looks nice, but I'm dissapointed. I've wanted a DX Tux/Suit Tony + Mk.I/III/Whatever for a long while now. This just isn't good enough for MMS600. It's a "cool, I guess" type of figure. Why can't they just give us a proper Tony Stark?

It looks nice, but I'm dissapointed. I've wanted a DX Tux/Suit Tony + Mk.I/III/Whatever for a long while now. This just isn't good enough for MMS600. It's a "cool, I guess" type of figure. Why can't they just give us a proper Tony Stark?

My feelings as well. I’m a huge iron fan, but this release is just meh to me.

My feelings as well. I’m a huge iron fan, but this release is just meh to me.

First the ruined comic-inspired Iron Man, now this... I almost wish they'd go back to releasing every canon armour under the sun. Almost. I just want a damn Stark fig.

Because the suit up sequence for this suit in particular is cooler than the suit itself for many. I rather have this on display than the skinny Mark V figure. They would also probably look awesome together side by side.

giphy.gif

184773374_10158009386117344_3326230567063985492_n.jpg

After watching the suit up clip, you can see that the helmet doesn't come out until about 90% of the suit is locked in place so even that part is inaccurate on the figure.

At least it has a metal name plate. Justin will be happy about that.

After watching the suit up clip, you can see that the helmet doesn't come out until about 90% of the suit is locked in place so even that part is inaccurate on the figure.

At least it has a metal name plate. Justin will be happy about that.

Just dont put the helmet on then? Simple solution.

I ordered the standard version. I don't need the suitcase, as I'm going to have him in the half-armored, arms outstretched pose.

This figure is great for me as I was looking for a perfect Tony Stark figure to go with my Mark 85. Not just a figure with a great headsculpt, but one that just screamed "Tony". This is it. Driving the race car himself, then suiting up out of a suitcase to fight Whiplash on a racetrack is one of the Tony-est things he's ever done. Tony was at his best and his worst in this movie.

Lol. Just goes to show how huge a real Iron Man helmet would be when a full human head is in there. And the suit too. The suited up version of the MKV is incredibly slender, especially when stood next to other MK suits, but seeing it like this shows that even a slender guy would look like the Michelin Man wearing an IM armour.
I'm not putting it down. I think it's a great idea(And roll on the MKVII suit up figure).
I love the sculpt too(It will be nice if they use that head from now on for early Tony figures). It would also have been nice if they included an extra sculpt which had the helmet on, a little bit more slender. But this is very unexpected. The kind of thing you'd expect a third party manufacturer to make.

Yeah now that I see it, the helmet looks way too big around the head. It was much more slender in the actual suitup sequence, but HT obviously wanted to be able to fit the pieces around a normal sculpt and all that hair. When they really should have included a second sculpt that already had the helmet pieces attached to it.
The helmet and suit is not intended to represent the tight final fit. Watch the scene again and you'll recall that the entire suit, including the helmet, first fits loose over him and then mechanically pulls tight at the very end.

You can display him without the helmet if that's what you're going for.

185359418_10158009397612344_6415305213670334962_n.jpg

I ordered the standard version. I don't need the suitcase, as I'm going to have him in the half-armored, arms outstretched pose.

This figure is great for me as I was looking for a perfect Tony Stark figure to go with my Mark 85. Not just a figure with a great headsculpt, but one that just screamed "Tony". This is it. Driving the race car himself, then suiting up out of a suitcase to fight Whiplash on a racetrack is one of the Tony-est things he's ever done. Tony was at his best and his worst in this movie.
That's a good way to look at it. I can't imagine what could make for a cooler Tony figure than this.

Back