Hot Toys Holiday Special Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I can't stand Hot Toys's color scheme on this version, and therefor don't need it, I've always liked the Amban Phase-Pulse Blaster, aka Electropole, which I call a Shockfork, and thought it would look amazing with Sideshow's Mythos Boba Fett later, so I repainted it to match the (incorrect, but better looking) Sideshow Fett Pistol.

What do you think?

View attachment 423356

Wow! I love this! I bought this weapon from one of Toy Anxiety’s breakdowns because I wanted it slung around my RotJ Fett.

I’ll be doing the same to mine now, hopefully it comes out half as good as yours!

So I just got this guy and I love it. Does anyone know how you can more easily manipulate/ fix his trophy braids? I untangled them to make it look the way it does on the promo art, but it's a bit of a fuzzy mess right now and I was wondering what the best way to fix it was.

While I can't stand Hot Toys's color scheme on this version, and therefor don't need it, I've always liked the Amban Phase-Pulse Blaster, aka Electropole, which I call a Shockfork, and thought it would look amazing with Sideshow's Mythos Boba Fett later, so I repainted it to match the (incorrect, but better looking) Sideshow Fett Pistol.

What do you think?

View attachment 423356

View attachment 423357

View attachment 423358

View attachment 423359

Holy cow, that looks amazing. Does it have that heat anodizing on the stock version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

328BA4E2-A593-47ED-8289-2DB7A0FE8A49.jpeg

I was considering selling mine last year since it never seemed to fit anywhere in my SW collection, and I even had it all boxed back up at one point... but ultimately decided it was just too cool and unique to ever get rid of.

This would be neat to see along with the other mandalorians when they come out, same for vintage fett design.

I love the idea of this figure but never cared for the cartoony colors that clash with all the other figures. So I am in the process of building my own kitbash of a live-action interpretation. Just waiting for Jango to release to provide a few more pieces.
7ED35F68-9DA8-4279-B629-00DCCE38571A.jpeg

So, anyone have this in their collection? You still like it? Thought it was a cheap repaint when released, but now having second thoughts. Checked Ebay and spilled my drink. What the hell, $1000 for a used figure..?

It’s a lovely figure that wasn’t especially popular when it originally came out. I really love it and it adds some much needed color and vibrance to the copious monochrome of a Star Wars display.

But I don’t think it’s worth what people are asking now unless someone absolutely loves the Holiday Special or are trying to be a Fett completionist.

I wanted this after it skyrocketed in price so I made my own from parts of Sideshow, Marmit, and Hot Toys. Love the old cartoon colors so I paired him with ceremonial Yavin Luke since he shows up in that outfit in the Holiday Special cartoon.

Attachments

• 80BB0985-7A9C-43A6-AB30-60BCEF6CEAAE.jpeg
    80BB0985-7A9C-43A6-AB30-60BCEF6CEAAE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back