Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! As someone who does Fett in the 1:1 scale I understand your pain and struggle! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah it seems the rabbit hole keeps getting deeper. The dented helmet has been such a great source of inspiration for me, I'm amazed to what level of detail everybody goes.
I'm confining myself to not commissioning custom parts and that I want to finish him soon so I can continue other projects on my list, so that helps in actually getting him completed.

I’ve enjoyed this thread quite a bit despite being very lazy when it comes to mods and customs.

I considered a body swap for my 40th Anniversary Fett but for now I’m content with my dyed blue flightsuit. Thanks for the Dylon recommendations in this thread!

Attachments

• 5B6B301B-98F0-41D1-A894-5F240D1BC91B.jpeg
    5B6B301B-98F0-41D1-A894-5F240D1BC91B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
So I want to do a Hot Toys/Sideshow hybrid. The right gauntlet doesn‘t want to go over the forearm. Do I need to shave it or is there a body that fits rightaway?

This is my definitive ESB Boba. Not the best pic, it‘s been gray and raining for days now.

Sideshow’s v1 hands are a pretty good fit imo and almost completely cover up the space at the wrists. Haven‘t found a fix for the gauntlets, so HT‘s will do with these hands. I’m not into frankensteining bodies. My talents won‘t reach that far. And yes, I don‘t really care about the fat suit. Tried it wirhout and the hip section just looked wrong.

Got my hands on a v1 EX, something I never thought I‘d be able to for a half decent price. LOVE that base!“

I‘ll have to think about upgrading the Jedi Fett now, but that awful helmet…

Attachments

• B20E6567-10E3-41E0-8429-348CAD2ED974.jpeg
    B20E6567-10E3-41E0-8429-348CAD2ED974.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm very slowly chipping away at him, whenever I find some free time!
I finished one set of hands and am currently in the middle of painting up the remaining ones. I'm using SS Mythos Fett hands, some of which I modified to get more accurate poses.
I also painted the blaster, just need to seal the paint and attach the strap. As I looked into the strap, I realised I could make more accurate rings to attach it to instead of the rectangular clips HT used.
The jetpack already has a couple of layers of green on there, but needs some more before I start on the details and weathering.

Here's a shot of my workbench I took last week, showing the various parts in progress.
View attachment 570157
Isn’t it hard to find the right colors or scales sometimes? So many variants of pictures ,through different lenses and different lighting. And adjusting bodies and suit,must be daring sometimes

Here are the results of my tinkering….

Swapped the body with a Mando Boba body with longer ankle pegs (mine from Tusken Raider). The Tem Morrison body is bulky in the shoulders, but longer in the torso and the arms still fit the gauntlets.

NOTE: the BoBF Boba body will not work for this, those arms are too bulky for OT gauntlets.

With longer ankle pegs, the Tem body looks taller than stock ESB, at least to me.

I recolored the jumpsuit with a combo of China Blue and Smoke Grey from Dylon (last pic). Also tried to dye the girth belt brown, but “darker red” is the best I could get for now. Stuffed the pockets and swapped the neck gator and pre-pro jetpack for the Mythos jetpack and neck gator.

Replaced rangefinder with SS rangefinder.

A note on the neck: stock Tem peg is longer than ESB neck peg. Looks odd when straight up, but if you pitch it forward it looks much more natural to me than the original ESB neck.

All pics uploaded as attachments, since my mobile browser won’t let me insert pics in the body anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_9734.jpeg
    IMG_9734.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9739.jpeg
    IMG_9739.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9697.jpeg
    IMG_9697.jpeg
    827.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9681.jpeg
    IMG_9681.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9683.jpeg
    IMG_9683.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9813.jpeg
    IMG_9813.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Here are the results of my tinkering….

Swapped the body with a Mando Boba body with longer ankle pegs (mine from Tusken Raider). The Tem Morrison body is bulky in the shoulders, but longer in the torso and the arms still fit the gauntlets.

NOTE: the BoBF Boba body will not work for this, those arms are too bulky for OT gauntlets.

With longer ankle pegs, the Tem body looks taller than stock ESB, at least to me.

I recolored the jumpsuit with a combo of China Blue and Smoke Grey from Dylon (last pic). Also tried to dye the girth belt brown, but “darker red” is the best I could get for now. Stuffed the pockets and swapped the neck gator and pre-pro jetpack for the Mythos jetpack and neck gator.

Replaced rangefinder with SS rangefinder.

A note on the neck: stock Tem peg is longer than ESB neck peg. Looks odd when straight up, but if you pitch it forward it looks much more natural to me than the original ESB neck.

All pics uploaded as attachments, since my mobile browser won’t let me insert pics in the body anymore.
Hi everyone.
I am selling all the Mythos Armour, plus the extra parts and green jetpack from ESB.
I also sell SS the v2 bsckpack.

I am looking for all SS v1 hands, and some v2 parts (forearms, guns).

I also got some questions: why changing the rangefinder, and how? Isn't it inserted in a glued-on structure?
Are there really any differences between 40th and ESB?
Thx.

Does anyone have any tips on getting these microscopic lines to be perfect? I probably good enough on the jetpack but after doing this I’m worried the helmet decals will be even trickier

Attachments

• IMG_0582.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    834 KB · Views: 0
Does anyone have any tips on getting these microscopic lines to be perfect? I probably good enough on the jetpack but after doing this I’m worried the helmet decals will be even trickier
It's quite hard to get right. Mine turned out very similar to yours, which I considered "good enough". I used a 000 brush and exacto knife, and kept redoing it until I was happy.
I don't have a zoomed in picture, but you can make out the lines well enough here I think.
424060-IMG-9599-2-small.jpg

It's quite hard to get right. Mine turned out very similar to yours, which I considered "good enough". I used a 000 brush and exacto knife, and kept redoing it until I was happy.
I don't have a zoomed in picture, but you can make out the lines well enough here I think.
View attachment 690205
Yeah I just taped and taped and taped until I could get somewhat thin and straight lines. The kill stripes and chest decal shouldn’t be that bad, the ones that scare me are the small ones on the ears

Last edited:
Back