1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated my Lando display....

20220118_182114.jpg

Greetings everyone, I am not very intelligent with this stuff and am struggling to understand the paper clip mod to Landos collar. His collar keeps sticking up almost vertically and its impossible to keep down.

I have read through the previous pages but don't fully understand how to get it flat and the cape draped like most of you. This photo from Kool Kollectibles is the look I would like to achieve. Any help appreciated and god bless!

Attachments

• IMG_3230c.jpg
    IMG_3230c.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 93
This is probably my no.1 release of 2021. Opened the box yesterday, what an unboxing experience! Headsculpt is spot on, clothing looks stellar and overall a great release. Hope to see a few ESB stormies soon, a pair would look great together with Boba and Lando. Would also throw in the Han in carbonite by Sideshow.

This is probably my no.1 release of 2021. Opened the box yesterday, what an unboxing experience! Headsculpt is spot on, clothing looks stellar and overall a great release. Hope to see a few ESB stormies soon, a pair would look great together with Boba and Lando. Would also throw in the Han in carbonite by Sideshow.

Its a good release and a figure that I've wanted to add to the collection for years but Hot Toys could have done a much better job with the cape and the pants/trousers. Those are really my only complaints.

Greetings everyone, I am not very intelligent with this stuff and am struggling to understand the paper clip mod to Landos collar. His collar keeps sticking up almost vertically and its impossible to keep down.

I have read through the previous pages but don't fully understand how to get it flat and the cape draped like most of you. This photo from Kool Kollectibles is the look I would like to achieve. Any help appreciated and god bless!
I don't think you need to use any paperclip. I took that photo without any paper clip. It's just a bit of messing around trying to fold the cape in a natural way. Much like what needed to be done on the DX09 Batman cape.

I also use the stand itself to help tuck parts of the cape closer to the body.

Last edited:
If you choose to use paper clip... place stretched out paper clip bent under the collar and clip the paper clip to desired size and manually bend for effect and futz accordingly. It does the job effectively and simply.

I don't think you need to use any paperclip. I took that photo without any paper clip. It's just a bit of messing around trying to fold the cape in a natural way. Much like what needed to be done on the DX09 Batman cape.

I also use the stand itself to help tuck parts of the cape closer to the body.
Thanks mate but I am mainly looking to get the collar flat like yours , mine is sticking up all the time not sure what is the best way to keep it down.

Just pulled the trigger on this figure this evening. He was the last figure I wanted to sort of round out my OT collection of necessary characters to have to represent the OT, so I feel a sense of completion having done so in the sense that anything else is just sort of an addition. Looking forward to opening him up.

Just pulled the trigger on this figure this evening. He was the last figure I wanted to sort of round out my OT collection of necessary characters to have to represent the OT, so I feel a sense of completion having done so in the sense that anything else is just sort of an addition. Looking forward to opening him up.
It always feels great when one can complete a specific collection. I've done that with my "Terminator 2" collection and the Nolan "Dark Knight" collection.

I'm currently just one figure away from doing this with the "Saving Private Ryan" figures. Hopefully "Medic Wade" gets announced soon.

It always feels great when one can complete a specific collection. I've done that with my "Terminator 2" collection and the Nolan "Dark Knight" collection.

I'm currently just one figure away from doing this with the "Saving Private Ryan" figures. Hopefully "Medic Wade" gets announced soon.

It is a great feeling indeed. It’s not to say that I’m done getting OT figures, just that my OT collection is at a place where I’m satisfied with it as is because all the characters I feel are necessary representations from it, are represented in some capacity. Anything else at this point would simply be an addition, but I wouldn’t sleep if it wasn’t in my collection.

It is a great feeling indeed. It’s not to say that I’m done getting OT figures, just that my OT collection is at a place where I’m satisfied with it as is because all the characters I feel are necessary representations from it, are represented in some capacity. Anything else at this point would simply be an addition, but I wouldn’t sleep if it wasn’t in my collection.
I agree. I'm fine where my T2 and TDK collections are at but could add a figure here or there. The danger would come if I had to start replacing old figures with newer upgraded versions. I don't even want to think of that...

Received Lando earlier today and got a chance now to unbox and pose him a bit. Very much one of those simple open and pose figures for the most part. The only assembly and tricks are just getting the cape on correctly and attempting to shape it. I believe it is jedibear that said it earlier, that the sculpt is one of those sculpts where it looks better in hand than it does in images, and I’d agree with that sentiment. In images it sometimes came across as a bit caricaturish to me, but I don’t get that vibe looking at it in person. I don’t really dig the slightly short sleeves that leave the wrist pegs exposed, but that’s minor. Overall it’s a decent figure, it’s pretty simple and straightforward. A nice addition to an OT and ESB collection.

Attachments

• 2DC62746-8BAF-4016-9E4C-0C3853AA7D8D.jpeg
    2DC62746-8BAF-4016-9E4C-0C3853AA7D8D.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 95
  • A1A8DC5F-647C-423A-A0AC-DF5EA0CF91DA.jpeg
    A1A8DC5F-647C-423A-A0AC-DF5EA0CF91DA.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 91
Received Lando earlier today and got a chance now to unbox and pose him a bit. Very much one of those simple open and pose figures for the most part. The only assembly and tricks are just getting the cape on correctly and attempting to shape it. I believe it is jedibear that said it earlier, that the sculpt is one of those sculpts where it looks better in hand than it does in images, and I’d agree with that sentiment. In images it sometimes came across as a bit caricaturish to me, but I don’t get that vibe looking at it in person. I don’t really dig the slightly short sleeves that leave the wrist pegs exposed, but that’s minor. Overall it’s a decent figure, it’s pretty simple and straightforward. A nice addition to an OT and ESB collection.
Did you do anything with the cape / collar like paper clip mod or something?

Did you do anything with the cape / collar like paper clip mod or something?

I didn’t, just some minor preliminary futzing with the cape. Though I was watching ESB this evening sort of in celebration of receiving Lando, and I actually don’t have a huge issue with the way the collar sits as is out of the box and simply futzing with it a bit. After seeing it in the film, it doesn’t appear to sit as flush/flat against the cape as people seem to think, which to my understanding is what the paper clip mod is supposed to do.

Cape is atrocious to handle. I don't mind the straps but they really can't add at least one wire to it, can they? It would be much simpler to pose it somehow.

Back