1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 545668

said in Ladies voice : "Oh my, what a big gun you have there Lando !"
Actually, the thing I hate about that Lando gun is that it's too SMALL. :dunno

Despite great apps, it is an inaccurate sculpt based off the Hasbro nerf DH-17 (yes, it does seem that HT literally used google and accidentally used cosplayer repaints of the hasbro nerf gun as the basis for their sculpt) and it was an awful match to ESB even more so than ANH.

I hate that sculpt, and they've now used on the Gunner, Leia Hoth and Lando. :slap

Comparison with the far more accurate Sideshow blaster:

50357572667_68beddbd20_o.png

Comparison with unmodded Hasbro Nerf gun:

9FpjES6.png

Awesome. How did you get the collar to lay so flat?
I used some wire that I had laying around. I think I used like a 2-inch piece of the wire and shaped it up under the collar form fitting it around Lando's neck as tight as I could. Folded the collar down and then snipped the excess wire off. You can see in the close up pic where the wire is where I snipped it. The cape definitely has a lot of material and the only way I thought it looked acceptable to me was to gather it around back and I used some paper clips to hold the excess.

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9516.jpg

I cut up a spare wire too in case the tape doesn't hold. Its another great dolution and I recommend it for a quick easy fix. I just found some old electrical wire from an adapter and cut and shaped it.

Will post pics of my guy wed or thurs.

The cape is a real pain! Why can HT not make capes? Same with Batman, every time I have to get a custom. 🙄

Back