1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont understand the desire for general lando, it must be the age when you watch the movies. For me its the version that should have died saving the rebellion for betraying han in esb. ROTJ is one of my least favorite star wars films.
My first SW films in theaters were the PT and I agree ROTJ is my least favorite with ESB the best by and far over ANH. I know ANH is groundbreaking and special to those who saw it in theaters but I’d rather watch Jabba sequence or DS final duel over most of it. ROTJ has great set pieces and action but Leia and Han (especially Han) seem less committed to the film and the acting seems subpar. I’m sure Harrison would have been more into the film if he got the death sequence he wanted.

I always felt the sculpt was fine. About a 8.5-9/10. I might grab another Lando just because it might be the only BDW HT we ever get. I bought a couple extra of those Bespin Leia bases really cheap ages ago for Lando and Han.
Smart thinking. I only grabbed one extra but now I kinda want one or two more. Maybe Jazz will consider the Bespin hallway if he comes out with some more OT backgrounds, just put up a preorder for a pretty nice looking Falcon backdrop for detolfs.

I think General Lando is a strong possibility, and here’s why.
We can all assume that next year will be a lot of Disney+ show figures. But the following year is 40th anniversary of ROTJ. And if HT does what they did for ESB, then you can expect a focus on ROTJ OT figures. But the question I keep asking myself is what other figures from ROTJ are there that HT would make. Scout Trooper has already been announced. I would say Leia Boussh and ROTJ Vader are top choices. Dare I say Endor Han (before Bespin). Then who else other than rereleases. I’d say General Lando has a chance.

Smart thinking. I only grabbed one extra but now I kinda want one or two more. Maybe Jazz will consider the Bespin hallway if he comes out with some more OT backgrounds, just put up a preorder for a pretty nice looking Falcon backdrop for detolfs.

It's been awhile since I bought any diorama stuff from Jazzinc. I'm out of room and collecting some statues now so I'm probably just going to settle with the ones I already have. I had a temporary moment of insanity where I considered that entire gigantic Falcon Cargo Hold set he is doing but it's just too much space and money. I also considered the Snowspeeder he is making but I'm too happy with the Hasbro Black Series version to pull the trigger on that one.

I did however order a couple of the moisture vaporators he is making. Always wanted one of those and they work for both OT and Mandalorian figures.

We can all assume that next year will be a lot of Disney+ show figures. But the following year is 40th anniversary of ROTJ. And if HT does what they did for ESB, then you can expect a focus on ROTJ OT figures. But the question I keep asking myself is what other figures from ROTJ are there that HT would make. Scout Trooper has already been announced. I would say Leia Boussh and ROTJ Vader are top choices. Dare I say Endor Han (before Bespin). Then who else other than rereleases. I’d say General Lando has a chance.
ROTJ vader would seem like a lock. Maybe an imperial dignitary or jabba but those seem unlikely.

They are going to have their hands full with figures from Book of Boba Fett, Mando Season 3 and Kenobi. I doubt they will even be thinking about the OT much if at all.

We aren’t even going to see *teased* ROTJ figures until late next year/early 2023 at the earliest with release dates in 2024, just like how HT ESB releases didn’t actually coincide with the 40th anniversaries. That’s best case and a big “if”. What will actually come out are Disney+ figures from Mando, BoB, BB, Kenobi, etc.

OT figures are at the bottom of the list. That’s just the way it is. I wish it wasn’t.

When we starting talking about official releases that are 2-3 years out, my interest plummets to zero and I start looking at customizing.

The “I’ll wait for the next one” is the most farcical comment across the whole of this hobby.
I won by playing that game with Iron Man, Hulk and Thor. You clearly cannot play it with OT or PT figures. Better buy them up.

It's been awhile since I bought any diorama stuff from Jazzinc. I'm out of room and collecting some statues now so I'm probably just going to settle with the ones I already have. I had a temporary moment of insanity where I considered that entire gigantic Falcon Cargo Hold set he is doing but it's just too much space and money. I also considered the Snowspeeder he is making but I'm too happy with the Hasbro Black Series version to pull the trigger on that one.

I did however order a couple of the moisture vaporators he is making. Always wanted one of those and they work for both OT and Mandalorian figures.
Yeah, I've only purchased the detolf backdrops since they don't theoretically take up extra space. On the fence about the Falcon backdrop, just a bit of the hallway so a bit plain but still kinda cool.

C7352BA4-B087-45C0-8B77-455EA9FEBE08.jpeg

General Lando seems like a no brainer for the Hot Toys.

I dont understand the desire for general lando, it must be the age when you watch the movies. For me its the version that should have died saving the rebellion for betraying han in esb. ROTJ is one of my least favorite star wars films.
I think you really had to be there. I consider somewhere between 1/3 and 2/3 - it varies - of ROTJ (palace, barge, emperor, bike chase, some space battle, some Endor - ATAT, ATSTs) to be as good as anything in the whole OT.

Lando General's a somewhat mediocre outfit, but I'd grab it in a heartbeat to put next to a Nien Numb and Ackbar custom and it would definitely push some vintage kenner/POTF buttons.

Last edited:
Lando General is an odd outfit for display purposes. I only remember him wearing the cape in the briefing room (which wasn't a very exciting scene), then he's wearing the uniform piloting the Falcon.

I think of the Skiff Guard disguise as being more functional for a movie shelf, whereas the general uniform feels more suitable for an expanded universe display.

Though I guess there are other ways to group figures - either individually, or by character to show progression.

EDIT:

And then there's always this option...

...but I'd grab it in a heartbeat to put next to a Nien Numb and Ackbar custom and it would definitely push some vintage kenner/POTF buttons.

1633847780840.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a controversial outfit but even the "he stole Han's clothes" ESB outfit would be okay by me. But... Lando fan, what can I say? :dunno :lol

Well this isn't nearly as close to the camera, and I still think the face looks fantastic. You just can't see all the detail because it's further away.
View attachment 541123
That sort of distance is more realistic to how we will view him day to day. And he looks excellent.

No one looks at their collection through a magnifier, like the close up pics show.

is that his name? I always thought it sounded like he was saying “Raygun” in the intro of his videos but just thought it must be a name that only sounds like Raygun to my dumb American brain.

I just read another option on Facebook which makes more sense.

Monica Doo referred to him as 'Reagan'.

Got my second batch invoice from TBA.

Same here. First thought it was Rex's invoice as i also ordered from TBA.

Later batch invoice only a few days since initial release in HK is a first for me. Lando gotta be slooooow seller over there.

Imagine paying all that extra money for 1st batch, then something like this happens.
Yeah I never pay those first batch prices, can't stomach it. I was lucky enough to get my First Batch order of Rex in quick enough at around the retail price.

Back