1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like he’s in my pile of loot at BBTS. Seems like SS is picking up the pace after earlier this year when everything was delayed getting to retailers.

As in you checked your pile of loot and he was just sitting there without a processing soon e-mail from BBTS?

You must've been like

lando-hello.gif

Last edited:
I was initially kind of surprised to see this fig popping up in a lot of people's "best sixth scale 2021" lists. Even Michael Crawford gave it four stars (but then again, a month or so later he posted an anti-JK Rowling rant.:dunno)

I still don't love the likeness - maybe it's the Lando obsessive in me. I put the head alongside the Sideshow Lando Skiff body/outfit and tbh, I didn't think the likeness held up on that (though obviously a big improvement over that SSC head.) It needed the iconic blue Bespin outfit to really nail BDW imo.

Still, can't believe we now have a HT Lando though. On that note, I'm just about to put my extra HT Lando head (yes, I did buy a second head despite my concerns - that's how we Lando obessives roll) and shirt to use in making a second "Bespin Escape Lando" (no cape) using Sideshow pants, boots and belt.

Last edited:
I was initially kind of surprised to see this fig popping up in a lot of people's "best sixth scale 2021" lists. Even Michael Crawford gave it four stars (but then again, a month or so later he posted an anti-JK Rowling rant.:dunno)

I still don't love the likeness - maybe it's the Lando obsessive in me. I put the head alongside the Sideshow Lando Skiff body/outfit and tbh, I didn't think the likeness held up on that (though obviously a big improvement over that SSC head.) It needed the iconic blue Bespin outfit to really nail BDW imo.

Still, can't believe we now have a HT Lando though. On that note, I'm just about to put my extra HT Lando head (yes, I did buy a second head despite my concerns - that's how we Lando obessives roll) and shirt to use in making a second "Bespin Escape Lando" (no cape) using Sideshow pants, boots and belt.

I was a bit surprised folks were listing it as figure of the year myself, but certainly for OT only type collectors the choices were slim to none this past year. I am happy to finally have a HT Bespin Lando figure but ultimately I think it is a pretty average middle of the road HT release. If I felt it was a terrific figure I would have bought a second but after getting it in hand I am satisfied enough with just the one to go with Bespin Leia and my bashed Bespin Han.

I was a bit surprised folks were listing it as figure of the year myself, but certainly for OT only type collectors the choices were slim to none this past year. I am happy to finally have a HT Bespin Lando figure but ultimately I think it is a pretty average middle of the road HT release. If I felt it was a terrific figure I would have bought a second but after getting it in hand I am satisfied enough with just the one to go with Bespin Leia and my bashed Bespin Han.

I wouldn't put him anywhere near the best of the year either. I don't mind the sculpt, but the tight legged trousers and wayward cape indicate Hot Toys didn't put much effort or research into the figure.

A cape of heavier material which draped naturally, and not requiring wires, could so easily have transformed the figure into something that looked more high end.

As he is he's one of those awkward figures, like Sideshow's ESB Lando, that you can't do much with due to the limitations of the cape.

That is a great line-up, Asta!

Picked him up last night and got him opened today.

First impressions...head sculpt is one of those rare ones that looks better in-hand than photos. The packaging is fun.

Yes, the cape is indeed a challenge. In fact, the whole outfit is proving to be one that will require a lot of futzing to get it display ready. And I wish HT would revisit how they pack and wrap the boots/footwear for figures. The bags were wrapped on the feet so tight that they gave the trouser cuffs some real ceases and wrinkles that will require some TLC to correct. A minor thing perhaps, but still...

Instead of that lame cardboard back (that will never leave the box) it would have been cool if HT had included another wall panel like the one that came with the Bespin Leia, perhaps with an alternate pattern. Maybe there are some of the talented customizers out there that could 3D print something...

So far, I'm not a fan of the material used for the tunic and the cape. For the tunic, depending on how it's futzed, it has a tendency show the padded body suits' seams if the shirt is adjusted too tight to the body.

Wish at least one more left hand had been included. He can't work the commlink if he wears it on his right wrist as he did in the movie. Weird to include the accessory, but not the hand to operate it.

Wrist Commlink.JPG

Lando is a welcome way to end my 1:6 scale figure collecting for 2021 but while I'm always delighted to see another OT character join the line-up, especially an unexpected one like this, it's going to take a little more time for me to warm up to this one.

Here's a couple of shots with minimal futzing...

HT BESPIN LANDO 002.jpg

HT BESPIN LANDO 006.jpg

HT BESPIN LANDO 009.jpg

Looking forward to more images from folks to get inspired by...

Great photos Jedibear as usual! Try the paper clip mod both around the neck area and the back of the cape. It vastly improves the way the cape drapes and looks around the neck area. I am a work but will post photos of what I did at some point. SW figure of the year for me! (but I am an OT fan first and foremost)

Perhaps it’s just me, but I’ve never been sold on the likeness of this one. Looks a bit cartoonish to me.
Have to agree. I think most people are just excited for an OT release with a face. Lando is cool but like others said he’s missing a lot for that HT value.

Back