1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't Lando be wearing bell bottoms? I think the shirt should have been a tad longer in the sleeves.
It's kind of a myth that Lando has bell bottoms. They certainly should have more flair than the HT pants do (HT's pants almost seem to taper inward at the bottom, not outward :lol) but in truth they almost look like straight-cut bottoms in most scenes.

The flair is more at the front but does periodically flop sideways giving the appearance of a bell bottom on one side, but I think the best description of the way the costume is is almost a straight cut but with a decent flair at the front edges.

Shouldn't Lando be wearing bell bottoms? I think the shirt should have been a tad longer in the sleeves.

It's kind of a myth that Lando has bell bottoms. They certainly should have more flair than the HT pants do (HT's pants almost seem to taper inward at the bottom, not outward :lol) but in truth they almost look like straight-cut bottoms in most scenes.

The flair is more at the front but does periodically flop sideways giving the appearance of a bell bottom on one side, but I think the best description of the way the costume is is almost a straight cut but with a decent flair at the front edges.

I think people just like imagining Lando with bell bottoms, which is fine. I get it.

056BC468-DDE1-445D-A353-07CC79AF8268.jpeg

I think when we say "bell-bottoms" its a bit of an exaggeration to make the point. No one thinks he's wearing hippy pants. But they are boot cut at least.

We can all find pictures to support our point of view.

I think Hasbro has been as confused as everyone over the years, maybe further confusing everyone else. :lol Their new-ish BS6 fig seems to set the record straight though.

potf2_lando_calrissian_18.jpg

The new Hasbro Lando has some horrible elephantiasis going on with his feet though.

POTF Lando with the pin head, beefcake He-Man body and exaggerated details was laughable at the time though too.

i hate those potf2 figures with a passion. brings back bad memories of collecting those blasted red and green carded figures w holograms w/o holograms. also the stupid short saber long trays figures those half circle boba fetts. the monkey face leia`s. muscle bond steroid freaks that supposed to be the characters we grew up with. i guess with all the layoff time they must have hit the gym hard core so they look in fit for the return to action.

i hate those potf2 figures with a passion. brings back bad memories of collecting those blasted red and green carded figures w holograms w/o holograms. also the stupid short saber long trays figures those half circle boba fetts. the monkey face leia`s. muscle bond steroid freaks that supposed to be the characters we grew up with. i guess with all the layoff time they must have hit the gym hard core so they look in fit for the return to action.
Yeah agreed. For some reason I started collecting them when they first came out. I think I was clinging on to the collecting nostalgia of when I was a kid. Truly awful figures. Looking back I remember ”monkey face Leia“ being sold on EBay for silly money as she was pretty rare in some countries… Crazy!🤯

I remember reading Star Wars Insider and seeing that those initial POTF2 figures were coming, but couldn't believe how bad they looked. :lol

I didn't start collecting until I saw that first VOTC wave circa 2004, then I was pretty much hooked in some form or fashion

I sold off just about all of my 3 and 3/4" figures and accessories a number of years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did. While I enjoyed the collecting early on, once the store exclusives kicked in, having to endlessly drive from store to store in search of one figure became a tiresome chore. I finally threw the lot on ebay, in one auction and it immediately sold.

I did keep a very few, mostly loose items but the vast majority was sold. The peace that followed (as well as the extra funds) were greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I sold off just about all of my 3 and 3/4" figures and accessories a number of years ago and it was the best thing that I ever did. While I enjoyed the collecting early on, once the store exclusives kicked in, having to endlessly drive from store to store in search of one figure became a tiresome chore. I finally threw the lot on ebay, in one auction and it immediately sold.

I did keep a very few, mostly loose items but the vast majority was sold. The peace that followed (as well as the extra funds) were greatly appreciated.
I gave 90% of them to my kids. They had free birthday and Xmas presents for years because I kept giving them figures. They loved them.

I gave 90% of them to my kids. They had free birthday and Xmas presents for years because I kept giving them figures. They loved them.
That's a nice idea, I gave a few to my nephews but they've already started losing interest in the figures -- more into Legos, but got them a couple cool ships like the U-wing.

My son had his own figures that he played with. I was the minty fresh in package collector. By the time I sold, he was no longer interested and had moved into the Playstation phase...

Back