1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting to see more reviews/photos of this guy before I order him. Have there been any more photos of him outside of the official Hot Toys Facebook images?

Yeah I’ve got Rex preordered with PC, could be a long wait. If TW and TBA keep their prices competitive like they currently are I’ll start buying all my figures through them
I buy a lot of my figures through TBA, but for 'lower priority' figures I get them through PC for the price and points. Now all the Lando hype has elevated his priority rating!

All US collectors’, what’s the VAT/Import fees on Hot Toys figures? Standard in the EU is 21 - 25 % (+5 % import fee in SE)?
There is no VAT/Import fees in the US. There are individual State taxes which is bypassed when ordering from outside the US.

I'll skip the economic/political talk, as it won't add to the hobby conversation... :wink1:

Perhaps the resellers are part of the reason why it's taking so long to get these figures in our hands.
That’s 100% why stuff takes so long to get out to the rest of the world. And I think that’s why Sideshow put their foot down on it.

One thing to consider is that the resellers also probably inflated sales in Hong Kong. Marvel is Hot Toys’ bread and butter over there, but I think if the local resellers aren’t buying up as much product, Hot Toys might see a better ratio on how things are selling internationally and adjust how they’re producing figures (i.e., more Star Wars). We’ll see what the fallout from this ends up being for the big picture.

Or they could see it as SW sells even worse in China and they make even less.

I think that Hoody is in the UK, if not mistaken. I would also like to know the shipping time but to the States. I've got "3" pre-orders pending with them.

Normally it takes around a week to get an item from TBA using the free shipping option. At the height of the pandemic it took much longer though. Hoping it’s back to normal now. I’m in the UK.

How fast is the standard free shipping for you and where are you located?
I'm in central Europe. But it used to take 1-2 weeks max from TBA. At the moment I'm not sure. I had a couple of orders with Toys Wonderland, but it took them about a week to even send the thing. Packages from TBA and TW are in transit. So we'll see, but they seem to be moving normally.

KG has it up for, what I assume, is close to retail at 1780 HKD. Not sure what shipping is but I guess somewhere ~$40.
Damn. Couldn’t have predicted they’d actually have him in stock back when I PO’d though so I can take one gamble with TW and hope I manage to avoid customs fees.

Maybe I’ll hold off overpaying with a domestic PO for Snowspeeder Luke and hope KG end up with him in stock upon release as well…

Hey everyone. I have a Lando on PO with SS (haven’t heard anything yet) but I pulled the trigger on a second on TW last night. I paid for the 2 day DHL shipping but aside from a receipt, I haven’t heard peep from TW. Is that normal? Does it generally take a few days to “process” the order? A little nervous that he isn’t actually in stock but I’m also insanely impatient!

Hey everyone. I have a Lando on PO with SS (haven’t heard anything yet) but I pulled the trigger on a second on TW last night. I paid for the 2 day DHL shipping but aside from a receipt, I haven’t heard peep from TW. Is that normal? Does it generally take a few days to “process” the order? A little nervous that he isn’t actually in stock but I’m also insanely impatient!
BEE19DBD-4075-44B0-BE6D-B885231D85FC.jpeg

Back