1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Like everyone else I've been hanging out for Lando, so I wish I liked this more. His cape lining should be darker with a stronger gold coloring, the current one looks like old faded curtains. And as noted above, the pants should be flared/bell bottomed, not straight cut.

But those are merely nitpicks, the thing that really bothers me is that the smile just doesn't look very BDW at all, and for me it just throws the rest of the likeness off because of it. It should have either been a proper BDW broad smile, or else his more serious/concerned look in my opinion. This weird closed mouth smile they have opted for just doesn't work, for me at least.

And yes, despite that I'll probably buy it anyway, because, Lando. :lol

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Instant preorder. Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spring 2022

Yep. I'm sure all the Mando figures have taken up their late 2021 spots.

Got to get some of them out before S3 I'd say, otherwise people will move on to what's new.

OG Star Wars fans have waited so long, what's another year...

Argh! Been wanting a good Lando forever, but I'm just not feeling the facial expression here! A weird little half-smile? This release should come with two portraits, standard: A serious Lando face, and then one with that classic Billy Dee grin, which is what Lando normally looks like while smiling. Billy Dee doesn't do half-smiles.

lando-deals-1536x816.jpg

Easy pass for me. If it had been Glover.. now that would've been an instabuy.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Likeness isn't that bad imo.

Teeth would have looked goofy, and a smile.....well we all know about Ruddgate !

I'm fine with this.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 08.34.31.jpg

Should have come with Lobot as a accessory

Yeah I?m totally happy with that.

Yeah the expression seems to look a lot more natural in those JCHong photos.

119709481_3532286240169000_5641200493204630456_o.jpg

119682873_3532286130169011_8644479188528274862_o.jpg

119716131_3532285793502378_5042709770808963107_o.jpg

DownrightUnderstatedIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

Like many others in this thread, day 1 preorder for me. At least now bespin leia wont look so lonely. Now we just need the scruffy looking nerf herder.

Yep. I'm sure all the Mando figures have taken up their late 2021 spots.

Got to get some of them out before S3 I'd say, otherwise people will move on to what's new.

OG Star Wars fans have waited so long, what's another year...

Endgame stuff also. I have a few orders releasing in 2021.

I'll get this but i probably will not order it until next year sometime.

Hell yeah! About time Hot Toys! Sculpt looks great in the pics above.

Teeth would have looked goofy, and a smile.....well we all know about Ruddgate !
View attachment 495493

Agreed on Ruddgate. No smile! If it turns out looking like that middle pic, I'll be pleased as punch. The promo pics just look odd. 1st day purchase though, no hesitation. Just was hoping for perfection like Krennic :pray:

Instant Buy for me...... the only Lando I need.

So as far as ?core? OT figures go for me that just leaves

Bespin Han
Biker Scout
ROTJ Vader
[Re-do Bespin Luke]

A miracle has occurred!

Been waiting a long time for this one.

Not many on my required list now. This and Ahsoka where 2 big ones to cross off.

Reveals of Han Bespin and Lobot would be perfect before the end of the year.

Back