1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still remember being at Sears when I was little and watching a loop of the empire strikes back commercial on a little black and white tv. I think this was for the '81 re-release, anyway part of that commercial is when lobot is activated, maybe that was why I really liked that action figure.

Lobot would be an instant buy for me. I remember him being kind of a mysterious character to me as a kid. Would be a great companion piece for Lando.

I want ugnaughts more than Lobot. I’d rather Sideshow did them though. Hot Toys would make one, include a piece of C-3PO and charge $250.

You really think Hot Toys would finally make a good Chewbacca?
I like their ANH Chewie.

CCBEsm.jpg

He looks great there! Please say that's stock. I've been putting off getting him for the longest time because of some photos.

maxresdefault.jpg

You really think Hot Toys would finally make a good Chewbacca?
I don’t think the version from ANH is bad. People like to give that figure crap, but in my opinion it’s fairly impressive for being a fully rooted hair version of Chewbacca.

Even the version from TFA I don’t think is that bad. Just not as much a fan of those colors for his fur/hair.

Yeah, out of the box Chewbacca’s hair is flat and matted. If you work with it though it can look good. Mine isn’t nearly as good as Misterscruff’s, but I’m still satisfied with it.

He looks great there! Please say that's stock. I've been putting off getting him for the longest time because of some photos.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lol!! That's a pic from my video review of the figure! I wouldnt take my photos as examples of how good the Chewie figure can look. I'm pretty terrible at futzing and posing in general. But there are certainly plenty of amazing photos of this figure that I've saved over the years as inspiration from other collectors!

If anyone is concerned about the ANH version then I'd go back to the original Chewbacca thread. He has to have some water applied and styling done to the hair as they apply hair spray or something similar to the hair before putting it in the box.

Back then I think a lot of people were too scared to actually do anything with the hair. But it's a must if you want it to look anything like "normal". It's the same with any figure with hair. The beard of Asmus' Gandalf for example is no exception. Apply a bit of water and style with the fingers and it looks 10 times better than out of the box.

If anyone is concerned about the ANH version then I'd go back to the original Chewbacca thread. He has to have some water applied and styling done to the hair as they apply hair spray or something similar to the hair before putting it in the box.

The simplest fix out of the box is to comb the fur out from under his chin, as HT pressed it in tight which makes him look strange.

I went back through my original Flickr account to look for photos of Chewie and only found these, some of which must've been later than he arrived as Obi-Wan's there. I think I must have combed the fur out more since then.

23445012405_80a0a568d2_o.jpg

22817880433_2f2e371f44_o.jpg

23420888536_244465be38_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back