1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this figure really deserves 2 headsculpts, a smiling one for use with our heroes, and a serious one when he is with Vader and Boba Fett. Back in the day, HT did occasionally release figures with alternate heads. HT have tried to make the head, somewhere between the 2, which just doesn't look right. This figure is pretty barebones, as it is.

On a side note, Batman collectors can use the head for a Harvey Dent bash from the 89 movie. Just modify the hair a little.

I think this figure really deserves 2 headsculpts, a smiling one for use with our heroes, and a serious one when he is with Vader and Boba Fett. Back in the day, HT did occasionally release figures with alternate heads. HT have tried to make the head, somewhere between the 2, which just doesn't look right. This figure is pretty barebones, as it is.

On a side note, Batman collectors can use the head for a Harvey Dent bash from the 89 movie. Just modify the hair a little.

The 2nd one will probably come with the General look.

You're not wrong at all, and as I said earlier in this thread, I would have preferred Lando with a big toothy grin, but if you consider Hot Toys' Eric Draven and their "Dancer Dress Version" Harley Quinn, the one that looks exactly like Margot Robbie EXCEPT for the fact the teeth weren't glued in right on one single production figure, they just can't be trusted to do that. As for a serious headsculpt, they could have done it, it would be movie accurate, I'm sure, but I personally don't prefer or even think of Lando with a serious look on his face. I know he has a serious look for at least half the time, but he's so smooth and "very friendly," ya know?

The 2nd one will probably come with the General look.

They keep reusing the same Luke Skywalker headsculpt with a similar expression over and over again (yeah, I know there's two, but they really love that one) for Empire and Jedi. It's only reasonable assume they'll just reuse this one and not bother with another.

Last edited:
I re-watched the Bespin scenes and in the SE, they digitally added windows in the corridor, just before entering the conference room where Vader is waiting. When the Stormtroopers assemble, the set is how it was always was, without the windows. :slap

I re-watched the Bespin scenes and in the SE, they digitally added windows in the corridor, just before entering the conference room where Vader is waiting. When the Stormtroopers assemble, the set is how it was always was, without the windows. :slap
Lol that’s silly, might be fixed in the 1797323 remastered version of Empire

Finally pre-ordered Lando. Went with a different site than normal (Collectorzown).
Be careful with them. I paid $80 toward the speeder bike set and they expected a monthly payment plan without letting me know upfront. I didn’t visit Facebook or messenger often but they had my email and never tried reaching me. Cancelled my preorder despite almost a quarter being paid off and lost the NRD. I’ll never preorder with them/Marco again.

Be careful with them. I paid $80 toward the speeder bike set and they expected a monthly payment plan without letting me know upfront. I didn’t visit Facebook or messenger often but they had my email and never tried reaching me. Cancelled my preorder despite almost a quarter being paid off and lost the NRD. I’ll never preorder with them/Marco again.
We chatted on Messenger first. I wanted the payment plan actually. Just want to see how it goes. Sorry to hear about your experience though.

They didn't explain that up front to me either. I didn't know it was monthly at all, I'm glad I eventually responded and he mentioned that then. I had mostly paid them off periodically up to then, but the last one I have with them was Endgame Cap, I knew it wasn't close to release last year so I didn't feel the need to finish paying for it. I only used them honestly when they had great deals, but I'm not going to bother with them anymore.

THIS guy needs Lobot.
and we are due for Bespin Guards,TESB Stormies and now that they have the body...UGNAUGHTS!!!
Lobot is such a lame character and I couldn’t care less about having a figure of him.
I forget he exists until someone mentions him or I watch the movies :lol

You need to find the de-specialized version. There are a lot of changes to that sequence of the film which ruin the frenetic pace the film builds up to, especially the shots spliced in from ROTJ of vader going to the executor, even the music there is interrupted for a brief imperial march excerpt which takes away from the continuity of the score. I cant wait for the 4k80 to be finished but I think they have a whole reel to go and then some.

I always liked to call him "Lowblow" for some reason. :lol

If it wasn't for his contribution, the Empire would have won. He was able to assemble the guards to ambush the stormtroopers to free Leia and Chewie, which then saved Luke. All hail Lowblow!

Yeah, I made a Bespin Guard and Ugnaught but a Lobot would be awesome to go with Lando. Very difficult custom to pull off (it's all about headsculpt and tailoring,) so that's not really an option. If you didn't grow up with the Kenner Lobot fig I can see how he'd be of little interest.

Back