Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing what a difference the hair makes. Ppl seem to be really pleased with this sculpt over in the DX23 thread especially with the ROTJ hairpiece. I think ppl were even putting the snowspeeder hair on the sculpt (which is the same as one of the two included here) saying that looked even better than the ROTJ hairpiece. But here we are with this figure and the likeness is all of sudden not so great :lol

Last edited:
Grabbed the deluxe when the standard went to waitlist, this is a grail for me, not missing out. I must say it looks fine, I'm not blown away by it but its about what I expected.

I asked someone in HK if it came with the tank top like the DX07, and they said no, and that the jacket is stitched closed, so have fun taking the fatsuit out on this.

The Dagobah scenes are my favorite scenes in any star wars media ever, so I went ahead and grabbed the DX07 tank top off eBay (they aren't too expensive id grab one while you can) and ill throw it on an extra Luke body I have as well as the head/pants/boots from this figure. Cant wait to see it completed. If I can get some extra pieces down the road I may weather the clothes to make them look more accurate to Dagobah.

1685571151733.png

Having so many Luke figures out makes passing on the weaker ones easier at least.

I don't feel motivated to buy them all and I think a lot of other collectors are also way past the point of "gotta have 'em all" and being more and more selective every year.

This feels like a phoned in release that looks more like a doll than a figure. Which is a shame considering how iconic the moment is.

That outfit looks a bit snug. Is Luke auditioning for the Saturday Night Fever remake?

Hopefully this looks better in the reviews. I can’t fathom paying $300 for this when the dx07 was $300 and we got 2 figures, a giant accessory, the Vader helmet and so on.

I did want it, but I’ll wait for jedha or Justin.

Im really liking this for some reason. I still LOVE the DX07 but that could be partially because I consider it a grail of mine and feel some sort of sixth scale "starting point" nostalgia for it. Plus, the weather vane accessory. 'nuff said 😆. But I'm extremely happy to have another Bespin Luke to use for a different display. I have the regular DX07 with R2 and a sort of Cloud City themed setup with Lando, Leia, Fett and hovering Carbonite Hab and I have the BD Luke hanging from the weather vane from the top of the detolf with Vader standing at the top doing his reaching out pose. Im thinking that this new Luke will be dueling Vader and I'll finally put together the freezing chamber diorama I've been slowly building forever.

I've just built a couple of big custom display cases to replace the plethora of detolfs using muscle racks, acrylic sheets and all that so everything's in a transition phase as it is. This will definitely need some futzing. Has anyone shared any images/videos with the fat suit removed yet?

I’d like to see the Snowspeeder/Jedi head with the messy hair sculpt to see if that improves it at all. If anybody that can post a pic of this I would greatly appreciate it.

hairpiece.png

What happened to this... (looks like a different or at least tweaked sculpt)....

proto-hair.png
Damn that is clearly a dumbed down sculpt of that hair.

It's missing the gaps/partings between the strands firstly, and there doesn't appear to be any of the overlapping strands that the prototype had either.

The boots seem a bit too poofy. Not skinny enough. I think that’s part of why the pants and the legs look so bulky
(L) DX07 (C) Screen (R) DX24

Attachments

• IMG_3683.jpeg
    IMG_3683.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 0
The sideshow version, as crappy as it was, still had a closer boot sculpt than either of HT.

Attachments

• IMG_3685.jpeg
    IMG_3685.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3684.jpeg
    IMG_3684.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
I wasn't really hugely into 1/6 at the time and more an occasional lurker at this forum, but I seem to recall the DX07 got similarly negative reactions when first/early in-hand pics were shown.

DX07 was the peak of the furor over the 'smooth sculpt' conspiracy. Rorywan was a major instigator.

It's a GOAT figure, but as per usual, you have Freaks having to fight over anything and everything.

DX07 was the peak of the furor over the 'smooth sculpt' conspiracy. Rorywan was a major instigator.

It's a GOAT figure, but as per usual, you have Freaks having to fight over anything and everything.
DX7 was an amazing time to be a Collector.
Suffering through all HT Marvel until finally HT reveal Bespin Luke.
Weather Vane and Vader head,2 figures,accessories to the wazoo.

DX7 was an amazing time to be a Collector.
Suffering through all HT Marvel until finally HT reveal Bespin Luke.
Weather Vane and Vader head,2 figures,accessories to the wazoo.
It was the figure that started the whole Hot Toys collecting for me. It’s still one of my faves.

It was the figure that started the whole Hot Toys collecting for me. It’s still one of my faves.
Mine was the 1st release Bale Batman and Ledger Joker then the first Iron Man figure they released with the awesome plastic gantry.
I think it was Casefresh,an online Etailer back in the day that started carrying Hot toys,and at some point figures were going for crazy cheap.
I was collecting the SSC Star wars also at the time of modern Hasbro.
All gone now in the wake of time.

Back