Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every once in awhile Hot Toys really comes through. I saw the complaints when this was shown but TBH I knewtheoriginal was dated for awhile. I don't care about base things even though the weather vain diorama was cool but sacrificing the battle damaged was something I was OK with doing. If Hot Toys does not make new one maybe one day I will make my own out of the new one but I can live without.

Bare bones as it is what a great figure this is. GREAT. The lack of weathering holds it back from a high score for me but in my opinion it destroys every other Luke in likeness by a large mile.

I will say it here now. HT won me over on rotating eyes officially. Never thought id say it but they finally perfected it. If they all can look as good and realistic and the mechanism as well hidden as this well then, color me excited.

I replicated the weathering from the hallway scene as faithfully as I could I also shaved off the pecs and sides of the shoulders/biceps of his body so the suit lay flatter and appeared more structured.

Finally eyelash, eyebrow, moles, mouth and subtle shading tweaks to bring home the fabulous likeness.

Jedi uses the Yunsil outfit.

Seeing your customization here makes me glad I passed on this figure. Staring at the hyper clean version we got from Hot Toys would just make me yearn for yours!

I used something I use in my job in film to weather textiles/costume elements - can't recommend it highly enough and it's washable if you go overboard and want to knock it back.
I tried to refrence shots of Luke as he's just pre-saber duel and arrived at Bespin (Didn't wanna go so far as to tear or scuff the clothes)

I also had to print him a little Dagobah/Muppet Show blaster to make him that extra but special 😇 and to match my display blaster.
Great customizing, fellas! :clap Took this figure to the next level.

It’s not often that I buy a second one of the same figure. But for whatever reason, I really liked the way this figure turned out. Simple figure with a lot of shelf presence!

Attachments

• IMG_7788.jpeg
    IMG_7788.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7793.jpeg
    IMG_7793.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7799.jpeg
    IMG_7799.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7802.jpeg
    IMG_7802.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Yeah Pajamas Luke is a pretty neat addition to my ESB line-up.

Still hate the boots - fortunately I had an extra pair of the snowspeeder boots that I'm going to paint.

After porting this head sculpt to my ROTJ figure I'm wondering if I need this Bespin figure.

I really only want one Luke from each OT film and in either of my ideal scenarios I would choose a different Empire figure (only want one pilot):

• X-wing, Hoth, and ROTJ (don't really need to pick one since the DS outfit can easily be the base for Jabba's palace or Endor)
  • Farmboy (don't like the current HT), Snowspeeder, and ROTJ
I guess I need to wait things out a bit though and see if HT puts out any more Luke figures. I feel like an artisan Luke Farmboy might be in their future.

I'd also probably prefer a beat-up version of this figure.

I'd also probably prefer a beat-up version of this figure.

I've been holding out for a BD Luke Bespin. I think it will happen, maybe SDCC 2024.

Prices on ebay dipped considerably this fall but are now on the rise. I never picked one up though. This is my favorite look for Luke Skywalker... but for some reason this particular figure just didn't motivate me to get it. A proper weathered version would be an instant PO.

I've been holding out for a BD Luke Bespin. I think it will happen, maybe SDCC 2024.

Prices on ebay dipped considerably this fall but are now on the rise. I never picked one up though. This is my favorite look for Luke Skywalker... but for some reason this particular figure just didn't motivate me to get it. A proper weathered version would be an instant PO.
It's a great figure, but just not sure how it works with my ultimate plan. The sculpt is amazing but I'd say works best with the ROTJ hair and for either DSII or the arrival at Jabba's palace. That confident serene Jedi look with a plan to kick some ass.

I know this figure is a popular customization choice... How easy is it to remove the top without damaging the figure? I've seen parted-out DX07 tank tops, and it's made me consider grabbing a second Luke off eBay to kitbash a Dagobah version. Got no experience with this sort of thing, though.

My Dagobah Luke is pretty much complete now.

Big thanks to @McHaleyArt for both recommending and sourcing this Robin body for me, while the arms are a bit small, it’s as good as you can get for this look of Luke at the moment imo. But took some mods to get where it is.

The stock Saturn Toys Robin body had stiff joints and the neck ball was long, giving him a bit of a T-Rex appearance with the long head and small arms.

I swapped the Robin arms onto a HT Luke body, and sanded his ribcage down to allow the arms to lay more flush to the body, and allowing his shoulders to flare out slightly more. The neck on the Luke body is also slightly shorter which helped bring the proportions together a bit more.

Now all I really want to do is weather his tank and pants, as well as build some more accurate boots, but it’s nothing I’m in a hurry to do, just happy to have a true grail of mine finally presentable in the collection.

IMG_3626.jpeg

Yoda is Medicom repainted by Jacob Rahmier

My Dagobah Luke is pretty much complete now.

Big thanks to @McHaleyArt for both recommending and sourcing this Robin body for me, while the arms are a bit small, it’s as good as you can get for this look of Luke at the moment imo. But took some mods to get where it is.

The stock Saturn Toys Robin body had stiff joints and the neck ball was long, giving him a bit of a T-Rex appearance with the long head and small arms.

I swapped the Robin arms onto a HT Luke body, and sanded his ribcage down to allow the arms to lay more flush to the body, and allowing his shoulders to flare out slightly more. The neck on the Luke body is also slightly shorter which helped bring the proportions together a bit more.

Now all I really want to do is weather his tank and pants, as well as build some more accurate boots, but it’s nothing I’m in a hurry to do, just happy to have a true grail of mine finally presentable in the collection.

View attachment 690048

Yoda is Medicom repainted by Jacob Rahmier
Looks great! Nicely done.

Back