1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I created a novel template for these new ones that creates a nice amount of volume at the shoulder without adding to the overall work so I’m happy to keep costs down even though I know it gives a superior result.

I can take some pictures of the area behind the chin when I’m at my office but I only put a little under the peg at 6 o’clock. I push the top/philtrum side in first and let the bottom sort of extend out. Once it’s kind of sticking on I look at the profile and push the bottom in until you can just barely not see a gap behind the bottom of the chin. It’s a subtle difference but it helps a lot. You’re basically pivoting only the bottom out a bit and the top should pretty much sit where it would normally.

To really improve it it would be great to have a scan of the screen used cowl modified to fit the Hot Toys chins just right… maybe one day.
That makes sense; I was distributing the tack more evenly which was probably my issue.

Regarding the cape, what put if over the top is the shoulder volume, as you mentioned. The custom cape I had for my Armory figure sat almost flat on the shoulders, so it might as well have not been there at all. Yours look perfect. Wish either of my QS009 custom capes looked as accurate at this one.

I got a DX19 and Bat-Pod for Fathers Day.
I just need a wired custom cape for that billowing look now.

What an absolute pig to get him on there!
PXL_20220620_065430161.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220620_065817637.PORTRAIT.jpg

You’d think they would have gotten the cowl right by now

Attachments

• 969A5C6F-0124-45A0-A87B-7D4C75EA7850.jpeg
    969A5C6F-0124-45A0-A87B-7D4C75EA7850.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
You’d think they would have gotten the cowl right by now
Hot Toys proportions have never gotten bales head for years.. Mostly because the forehead is way too high, eyes are not right, and the mouth piece is too small. Looking at over images, his forehead really isn’t that big especially at lower angles.

07FEB49F-D6FA-46B1-8AD4-A14BBE32E8A4.png

Anyone out there in custom land make a really nice wired cape for TDK/TDKR Hot Toys Batman figures?

I’d really like a nice posed cape to put Batman on the Batpod. Any suggestions would be great.

Got my two figures from SS today so I was prepared for shiny spots or other issues but luckily both figures look amazing and have no issues. Love everything about them except for the Key Chain things which I can’t see anyone using.
01D63DEC-2F83-49C2-842B-C3621DE38CD2.jpeg
AB8E0750-A6D8-4955-BF76-87FEB31A439E.jpeg
316726A4-89D9-4617-889B-FE65132F4C3D.jpeg
AB3AC11F-6ED2-4580-BD8A-9C7D4B4463EE.jpeg

DX12 with DX19 cowl for those wondering. Didn't want to bump that thread. Would look even better on Armory body due not having the "gap".

1.JPEG
2.JPEG

*Sorry my photo skills aren't that great. These were hastily taken when I got the head. and gave him a good dusting.

I wouldn't use the crotch grab stand because the two ends can put dimples in the inner thighs and crotch plate over time. I just remove the cradle and keep the stem for support, even tho he's taller than it.

I think the stands they use for diecast figures, which have just a single piece between the legs, are a more suitable alternative.

What would be the best body to kitbash a Bruce Wayne with the head
For the Poptoys X33 suit they recommend a Coomodel BD01.

I'm planning to display my Bruce with the Daftoys Alfred so I went with the taller BD02. Has the option to remove the ankle extenders if it's too tall.

Still waiting for the suit to get here from Australia.

Back