1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So , my figures ab section on the right side is bent and locked into a bent postiton, do you think taking a dryer to it and flattening it will work?

The more I look at this figure, the more off center and parts shift. Really starting to get frustrated with it.
On both of mine I had to futz a bit with the chest & abs armour to get them to sit more parallel to each other. Nothing was “locked” into position. A little blast with a dryer should hold it in position tho

My head just arrived for my DX12 and yeah, it totally transforms the figure. If you can pick one up for a decent price - do it.

PXL_20220616_175928636.jpg
PXL_20220616_175922728.jpg

Somethings gotta give when you have 250,000 figures up for PO:lol

No but really they have always had problems with Bale Bats. Every single one.
After messing around with the DX12 and this cowl, I kind of want to pick this up now. But I don't know why because I'm pretty happy with the results of that combo. Must have triggered the nostalgia button.

A different figure entirely but my Captain America Endgame 2012 version has asymmetrically stitched parts of his suit over his shoulders and down his upper back where a 'panel' is wider on one side than the other. Kind of annoying when I noticed it but...I've just accepted it. I wonder is this sort of thing becoming more common than it used to be.

My head just arrived for my DX12 and yeah, it totally transforms the figure. If you can pick one up for a decent price - do it.

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased from?

To everyone else - do we know of anywhere breaking down/selling parts individually for the DX19 - I am after the head cowl /+faceplates for use with DX12 - I do very much like the DX19 upgrades overall but I've been buying a lot of Prime 1 stuff lately and hard to justify another of the same figure I already have - the cowl/eyes were the main thing bugging me on the DX12.

Seen a couple on eBay but they are silly prices, I was going to use Toy Anxiety but had some family stuff come up before I pulled the trigger, sat down to order today and all gone :-(

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased from?

To everyone else - do we know of anywhere breaking down/selling parts individually for the DX19 - I am after the head cowl /+faceplates for use with DX12 - I do very much like the DX19 upgrades overall but I've been buying a lot of Prime 1 stuff lately and hard to justify another of the same figure I already have - the cowl/eyes were the main thing bugging me on the DX12.

Seen a couple on eBay but they are silly prices, I was going to use Toy Anxiety but had some family stuff come up before I pulled the trigger, sat down to order today and all gone :-(
Toy Anxiety. I got lucky as the heads tend to sell out fast on a lot of HT figures. I paid $64 shipped but after seeing the results my max would be $100. If I couldn't find it for that I would most likely trade up to the DX19. As mentioned, I am already thinking about getting one and then tossing this head on the Armory which I use for the HK setup. The biggest issue I am having is the 19 doesn't scale with my other Nolan figures and other than a new Joker - I doubt I would be into upgrading any of those. If the new Begins figure has massive changes and blows me away that may throw a wrench in the entire plan.

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/hello-from-toy-anxiety.36888/

Last edited:
I bought them unpainted. So I had to sand and paint before install. If you're used to modding, it's pretty straightforward. If you're new to modding, maybe it's a bit risky, since you're permanently disassembling the existing shoulder armor. Just takes patience. OT has a walkthrough on his IG page.

@OT_Customs_ Just got my figure and your cape really nails it--and at half the price of the other capes I've bought over the years.

Unrelated, but I wonder if you could post a picture of where exactly you placed that sticky tack on the mouthplates to achieve that less recessed look for the chin? I tried a couple of different ways but I either had too little and couldn't see a difference, or too much and the plate was obviously sticking out too far.

@OT_Customs_ Just got my figure and your cape really nails it--and at half the price of the other capes I've bought over the years.

Unrelated, but I wonder if you could post a picture of where exactly you placed that sticky tack on the mouthplates to achieve that less recessed look for the chin? I tried a couple of different ways but I either had too little and couldn't see a difference, or too much and the plate was obviously sticking out too far.
Thank you, I created a novel template for these new ones that creates a nice amount of volume at the shoulder without adding to the overall work so I’m happy to keep costs down even though I know it gives a superior result.

I can take some pictures of the area behind the chin when I’m at my office but I only put a little under the peg at 6 o’clock. I push the top/philtrum side in first and let the bottom sort of extend out. Once it’s kind of sticking on I look at the profile and push the bottom in until you can just barely not see a gap behind the bottom of the chin. It’s a subtle difference but it helps a lot. You’re basically pivoting only the bottom out a bit and the top should pretty much sit where it would normally.

To really improve it it would be great to have a scan of the screen used cowl modified to fit the Hot Toys chins just right… maybe one day.

Back