1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my DX19 arrived and he is glorious.

The only issue I noticed is that his right arm was detached right out of the box. Took me ages trying to stick the wrist peg into it and both his wrists seem to be wobbly when turned left/right. Is this normal? It's probably me over-reacting as I always have this anxiety when buying a HT figure of everything being all right, considering the amount of money I've dropped :D

Everything else is perfecting.

Just got my replacement cape. New and proper on the left and the hot toys screw up on the right. Like I said I was so confused when I first got him. I thought I was just a big dumb idiot not being able to properly put it on him.
IMG_20230201_134852.jpg

What’s a good body and suit combo for the Bruce Wayne head?
I think I’ll be getting a DX19 this month and would like to have the parts ready for a BW figure.

I think I’m finally done tweaking this one now too.
That is one incredible figure you've created.

I am grateful that the stock figure looks as good as it does. While custom parts like yours can take it to another level, at least a stock figure is finally something that can be lived with and pursuit of custom parts is more a sense of realizing something more personally important to you than a felt need to make a figure even seem acceptable.

I stopped at DX02, so I don't have in hand experience with the DX12 or Armory figures, but from photos and reviews, it's felt like each one was a step closer to something like your custom then the previous version. I don't think a mass production figure is likely to be much better than DX19 out of the box.

That is one incredible figure you've created.

I am grateful that the stock figure looks as good as it does. While custom parts like yours can take it to another level, at least a stock figure is finally something that can be lived with and pursuit of custom parts is more a sense of realizing something more personally important to you than a felt need to make a figure even seem acceptable.

I stopped at DX02, so I don't have in hand experience with the DX12 or Armory figures, but from photos and reviews, it's felt like each one was a step closer to something like your custom then the previous version. I don't think a mass production figure is likely to be much better than DX19 out of the box.
I do and don’t agree at the same time. The shelf presence isn’t insanely different but if you go look at this figure specifically, pick up, or photograph it, the transformation seems gigantic IMO.

These pictures are kind of crappy I need to take more comparison shots with my latest paint work and a real camera.

D38EBBC7-0CF1-4041-BDE7-661336780379.jpeg

E1DA40FD-8B7B-4C4A-A262-5E94BF8A75D9.jpeg
06B1A9B5-D381-4D8D-980B-FA52CDD117D5.jpeg
CF1A7F0A-ABA6-4D9A-B0B5-9C1689B76F31.jpeg
F70B2386-B8FA-4E57-9E0B-9B2E6862E86F.jpeg
627C706F-9B3B-4642-83FD-8B275C8EAA86.jpeg

I always liked Batman's response(s)/retorts in the movies :lol
I feel like it’s a line that gets overlooked but I love when Talia is having her villain speach about revenge being the slow knife that slips quietly between the bones, then presses the detonator, and Batman says, “Maybe the knife was too slow”.

I love the parallel with Begins and TDK that Batman has a plan to stop the villains directly AND a backup plan or two with Gordon/Blake/Selina. He isn’t just going to go punch people he has a multifaceted plan to stop the villains and save as many people as possible in the case of failure.

Wow, I never even thought about how Begins and Rises have Batman and Gordon teaming to foil the plan at the end before, that's another great connection to bring it full circle, and then basically the last interaction between Gordon and Bruce is about the coat incident with his parents' murder just like their first interaction.

I feel like it’s a line that gets overlooked but I love when Talia is having her villain speach about revenge being the slow knife that slips quietly between the bones, then presses the detonator, and Batman says, “Maybe the knife was too slow”.

Yes that one too!

I love the parallel with Begins and TDK that Batman has a plan to stop the villains directly AND a backup plan or two with Gordon/Blake/Selina. He isn’t just going to go punch people he has a multifaceted plan to stop the villains and save as many people as possible in the case of failure.

Yep! Batman has a good repertoire of contingency plans!

Wow, I never even thought about how Begins and Rises have Batman and Gordon teaming to foil the plan at the end before, that's another great connection to bring it full circle, and then basically the last interaction between Gordon and Bruce is about the coat incident with his parents' murder just like their first interaction.

Good points! Oh dang, it didn't occur to me that Batman and Gordon's last interaction mirrored their first.

Yeah, there are some very cool connections between Begins and Rises.

The exact same music plays in Begins when Gordon puts the coat over young Bruce's shoulders and when Batman gives him the coat speech in Rises.

Both Ra's Al Ghul and Talia die in the exact same way (driving a vehicle pointed to a specific direction, that eventually crashes) and again over the exact same piece of music in both films.

Both Begins and Rises have the same musical cues in the beginning of their end credits as well. TDK's end credits are a bit different and deviate from that.

Lucius and Bruce have "it comes in black" dialogues in both Begins and Rises.

The Batcave is present in both Begins and Rises and missing in TDK.

Ra's' "I once had a wife" scene from Begins is shown in Rises too.

The Molossus track is present in both Begins (tumbler chase) and Rises (police chase of Batman), while missing from TDK.

Both Ra's Al Ghul and Talia die in the exact same way (driving a vehicle pointed to a specific direction, that eventually crashes) and again over the exact same piece of music in both films.
I always find it crazy when people say Batman kills Ra’s or Talia, the movie goes to great lengths to show that they died by their own hands by refusing to stop and a failure to “mind their surroundings”.

Ra’s destroys the train controls, ignoring the possibility the train could be stopped in a way other than a fist fight with Batman. Talia continues driving without visibility and drives herself off a railing. They both 100% had the option to not do what they were doing and their deaths are 100% their own making.

Back